• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War will run at 4K 120fps with Ray Tracing on next gen console

"With next-generation consoles, the game will play at 4K resolution and refresh rates at 120hz. Cold War will use haptic controllers. The solid-state drives (SSDs) with flash memory in the new consoles will have faster load times, and that means that the loading screens will be gone, with seamless transitions between cinematics and gameplay."

"The game will feature a global illumination system that makes use of real-time ray tracing. That means the lighting and shadows will be accurate, with rays of light bouncing around a scene in a realistic manner."

“With the power of the next-gen systems, we’ll be able to add even more detail and put even more love into everything we create,” said Katie Sabin, a vehicle artist at Raven Software."

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
you will get 4k 60 fps and 1440p or 1080p 120 fps modes and you will take it.

these consoles simply cannot run current gen games at native 4k 120 fps.

Soodanim

Gold Member
tenor.gif

I am cautiously excited. I will remove "cautiously" after we get more footage and confirmation. Maybe they'll have a "visual mode" where it gets locked at 60 for those who would rather have a bigger visual bump.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
How many TVs are actually capable of 60+ fps?

And how many people do actually have those kind of TVs?

MrS

Banned
I'll believe it when I see it. Gonna enjoy it on my C9 but I really doubt it's gonna be 4K 120fps with RT. More hyped for 3D audio/pulse headset than RT tbh.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
Not on PS5 because PS4 didn't have haptic feedback or adaptive triggers :messenger_beaming:
You clearly don't understand what a "cross gen" game is lol. I bet you think that "cross gen" is only a new thing that microsoft have come up with recently?

Every generation has had cross-gen games for the first 12-18 months after release. This is one of them.

Last edited:

onQ123

You clearly don't understand what a "cross gen" game is lol. I bet you think that "cross gen" is only a new thing that microsoft have come up with recently?

Every generation has had cross-gen games for the first 12-18 months after release. This is one of them.

What does that have to do with the PS5 version not just being the PS4 version with higher resolution & frame rate?

Banned
it will "only" use RT for AO and GI tho, not for reflections... which is disappointing but also saves performance... a lot of performance.

MrFunSocks

Banned
What does that have to do with the PS5 version not just being the PS4 version with higher resolution & frame rate?
You take things waaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too literally. When people say it's a cross gen port with higher res and framerate they don't mean those are literally the only things that changed lol. Yay, you get your better trigger rumble, amazing! That proves it was made from the ground up for next gen!

onQ123

You take things waaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too literally. When people say it's a cross gen port with higher res and framerate they don't mean those are literally the only things that changed lol. Yay, you get your better trigger rumble, amazing! That proves it was made from the ground up for next gen!
Says the guy who didn't understand what the :messenger_beaming: was for

THE:MILKMAN

I own a very nice OLED and still can't do 120Hz....Saying that I'm not too worried or bothered. I think it may even be the case the article is a little optimistic or wires got crossed.

Top Bottom