• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War |OT| Deniable Operations

How much experience does each Battle Pass tier need? 10K?

And I have hit the honeymoon period; I'm trash-tier now. It always happens. Sigh...

What do you guys spend your Prestige keys on? Or should I be saving them?

BigLee74 BigLee74 I used to hate Miami, but that one is growing on me; now I think I hate Garrison or Crossroads. But it all depends on the mode really. Crossroads Domination is nuts.

Bolivar687

Banned
Hardcore Face Off is just fantastic. It's also a lot easier to get the Hardcore Superior challenges because you only have to beat out three players to place in the top 3 instead of 9.

What do you guys spend your Prestige keys on? Or should I be saving them?

I unlocked the MW2 calling card and rocked that for a while. I would recommend saving two during the season for your custom prestige rank icon and a matching calling card to go with it if you hit Prestige Master.

I guess if my Calling Cards worked, I would buy one. lol I guess I'll save 'em and see what unlocks later. Thanks for the replies.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just had a monster game as a sniper:

NbPtYiZ.jpg

31-5 and play of the game as well
Yeet!

Is there any way to remove that "Voicechat disabled" text in the upper left corner though?

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I laughed so hard the other day in a Nuketown match

I was coming out of one of the garages and a guy in my line of sight 10 ft in front of me throws a semtex at me, misses. As he does that, one of my teammates comes up behind him and gives him the knife takedown which looks great and forces the person being killed to sit through the entire animation. As this was happening I had the urge to run up and just stand in front of the guy as he was being killed so he would have to watch me just watch him get sliced lol. I went back into the replay theatre afterwards to watch it from his perspective lol.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Just finished the battlepass to tier 100.

and ended up getting to prestige 4.

sinked about 60hours in this game
What an absolute BEAST of a game.

Been ages since i was this hooked on a game.
that i was thinking about the game when i was not playing it.

the zombie mode is ALL i played.
it’s basically a roguelike game right now.
Stuff with a metric fuck-ton of content and secrets. Everything you do works towards some reward.. its crazy.

There is a LOT of blizzard DNA in this product.
Really glad i got this game!

i just bought black ops 4 because i need MORE cod zombies in ma life

Last edited:

splattered

Ok i started playing zombies mode with my brother this weekend and i gotta say it is VERY hard... much harder than i remember previous entries being? Even just trying the 20 level variation i think level 16 is the highest i've gotten (just now) ... i really hate how if you die during a level and come back after next round starts you literally have like 3 seconds to power up again... if you even attempt to run down into the tunnels to buy items so you can actually kill things and survive some hits you just instantly get swarmed and go down immediately. Wtf? At least give us time to fully power up and then everyone agree to go or something. I really want to like this mode but it is too damn hard. So many times i've tried to run past zombies and they seem to have magic reach where i get taken down by thin air beyond the length of a swing. Ughhh back to MP/WZ i guess.

Grinchy

Banned
Wow the matchmaking hates us. We've lost 17 matches in a row.

I will have 2-4 K/D, lots of objective points, ect. The in game tracker says we've won half of them that were losses.

This has been so broken.

Spukc

Team was struggling with 2 bosses.
Popped a ring of fire and melted the 5 boss enemies like they where nothing.
That shit is so OP
This game is hilarious. Dude said thanks when he walked up to me. XD
Got 2 friend invites afterwards.

This strat really holds up until round 50 ish.
Then those super runners pop up.

Last edited:

splattered

Team was struggling with 2 bosses.
Popped a ring of fire and melted the 5 boss enemies like they where nothing.
That shit is so OP
This game is hilarious. Dude said thanks when he walked up to me. XD
Got 2 friend invites afterwards.

This strat really holds up until round 50 ish.
Then those super runners pop up.

I haven't been able to make it past round 16.. what's this ring of fire you speak of? I want to like zombies mode but it is so frustratingly hard.

Spukc

I haven't been able to make it past round 16.. what's this ring of fire you speak of? I want to like zombies mode but it is so frustratingly hard.

what you need to understand is how to kite zombies. Once you get it. This game basically turns into tony hawk ✌️

Last edited:
Hardcore Face Off is just fantastic. It's also a lot easier to get the Hardcore Superior challenges because you only have to beat out three players to place in the top 3 instead of 9.

I unlocked the MW2 calling card and rocked that for a while. I would recommend saving two during the season for your custom prestige rank icon and a matching calling card to go with it if you hit Prestige Master.
How do you get those keys in prestige 4 and don’t see any?

fatmarco

So did anyone else try that "offline mode" trick that allowed you to play the entire singleplayer campaign during the free week on Xbox? It even allowed you to continue playing after the free week had ended. I was surprised no one made a big deal over it.

splattered

what you need to understand is how to kite zombies. Once you get it. This game basically turns into tony hawk ✌️

I started using some tips i saw in an article online... start w the knife, go for armor first, get the shotgun off the plane (was already doing), invest in perks asap, use ring of fire, etc ... actually beat it with a good group a couple days ago.

Haven't been able to get past level 16 since haha

Seems like with randos even when people have mics they just don't want to work together and run off and die alone or when you fall they don't care to come pick you up. Enjoying the game more than last week but still frustrated with it.

Also, i really want the sledgehammer blueprints but melee killing 2 enemies quickly in a single match seems impossible. Even with my ninja perk and tracker and stuff if i ever find a group i can get one but the second immediately turns around and kills me. Also a lot of weird hit box detections w the knife but may be my internet i dunno? Like sometimes i can swing and swing and swing and it doesn't connect at all, and then other times i swing and it will pull me into an assassination cut scene even if i'm not stabbing from behind and holding the button down. In fact the stupid assassinations have cancelled out my "get two kills" more often than anything else cause i get stuck in this slow noisy cut scene with an enemy and then other people hear it and kill me while i'm stuck.

I started using some tips i saw in an article online... start w the knife, go for armor first, get the shotgun off the plane (was already doing), invest in perks asap, use ring of fire, etc ... actually beat it with a good group a couple days ago.

Haven't been able to get past level 16 since haha

Seems like with randos even when people have mics they just don't want to work together and run off and die alone or when you fall they don't care to come pick you up. Enjoying the game more than last week but still frustrated with it.

Also, i really want the sledgehammer blueprints but melee killing 2 enemies quickly in a single match seems impossible. Even with my ninja perk and tracker and stuff if i ever find a group i can get one but the second immediately turns around and kills me. Also a lot of weird hit box detections w the knife but may be my internet i dunno? Like sometimes i can swing and swing and swing and it doesn't connect at all, and then other times i swing and it will pull me into an assassination cut scene even if i'm not stabbing from behind and holding the button down. In fact the stupid assassinations have cancelled out my "get two kills" more often than anything else cause i get stuck in this slow noisy cut scene with an enemy and then other people hear it and kill me while i'm stuck.
If you’re playing with ransoms youll never complete the Easter egg boss, simply because more players means more zombies. It’s easier to do solo or with one friend. If you just want to survive and exfil then that’s possible with randoms

splattered

If you’re playing with ransoms youll never complete the Easter egg boss, simply because more players means more zombies. It’s easier to do solo or with one friend. If you just want to survive and exfil then that’s possible with randoms

Man i just want to exfil a few times to get the zombie skins but it isn't happening :p

Man i just want to exfil a few times to get the zombie skins but it isn't happening :p
Just play solo and exfil at round 10 so easy with the shot gun off the wall and one lvl of packopunch. Buy the chopper gun or sentry with scrap and self revive
I need to exfil or two more times for the skin I’d happily do it with you

Last edited:

splattered

Just play solo and exfil at round 10 so easy with the shot gun off the wall and one lvl of packopunch. Buy the chopper gun or sentry with scrap and self revive
I need to exfil or two more times for the skin I’d happily do it with you

I may take you up on that offer soon, there is still stuff i don't know how to do like get the machine piece to do the pack a punch etc. What system are you on? We can cross-play either way right?

*only two more matches to be able to make the sledgehammer. Wow this one is a pain in the ass.

Last edited:
I may take you up on that offer soon, there is still stuff i don't know how to do like get the machine piece to do the pack a punch etc. What system are you on? We can cross-play either way right?

*only two more matches to be able to make the sledgehammer. Wow this one is a pain in the ass.
The game has quest markers up until you build the machine you can’t fuck it up lol yeah cross play works

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just went 52-13 as a sniper:

jO0Q4kD.jpg

Satellite is the perfect map for sniping :)
This was my first time getting the gunship in a match too.

Last edited:

Spukc

image0.jpg

damn what a ride this was the absolute best COD ever made IMO.
118 hours of playtime!

image0.jpg

Everything about this game is addicting.
Been ages since i was that hooked on a game.. Now i can finally put it down.
Until the next season is here

Last edited:

splattered

The game has quest markers up until you build the machine you can’t fuck it up lol yeah cross play works

Thank you! I figured out how to put it into solo mode and followed the quest markers and everything started to fall into place!

Exfill don’t PAP buy warmachine as support. Piss easy exfill
Yeah i bought warmachine as the support item... made it to level 11 requested exfil made short work of all the zombies storming in from the front but backed myself against a fence and a small handful of zombies took me out from behind after just a few swipes. Had a self revive so used it and whipped out the warmachine again but the zombies hit me from all angles at that point and i failed.

I feel like if i throw down the ring of fire and kite them better and don't pin myself against a wall/rock/fence i will be able to beat it next try.

Thank you! I figured out how to put it into solo mode and followed the quest markers and everything started to fall into place!

Yeah i bought warmachine as the support item... made it to level 11 requested exfil made short work of all the zombies storming in from the front but backed myself against a fence and a small handful of zombies took me out from behind after just a few swipes. Had a self revive so used it and whipped out the warmachine again but the zombies hit me from all angles at that point and i failed.

I feel like if i throw down the ring of fire and kite them better and don't pin myself against a wall/rock/fence i will be able to beat it next try.
Upgrade the shroud and use that instead. 8 second of invisibility while you can shoot the zombies is quite easy.

Spukc

nRKzxHO.jpg

DO NOT OPEN ANY OTHER DOOR KEEP IT CLOSED
If you get armor tier 1 drop from a zombo use it.
Make sure your ring of fire is ready to go at round 10 so don't use it after you finish round 8

at round 10 keep one zombo alive.
Then open the 3 obstructions (red stripes) on the map
refill ammo.
go back to spawn kill the last zombie
start exfill
follow the green line..
hug in that wall corner in the purple zone
lay down that ring of fire start killing them .
with your normal gun.
to get some easy kills.

When they get too close get on the blue route
and start making a zombie train.

switch to your warmachine.
and blast them to shit.
DO NOT spam fire
try to blast groups.
Looks for crawling zombo's
if any survived

And run to the chopper,

Should be an easy clear,

Last edited:

splattered

nRKzxHO.jpg

DO NOT OPEN ANY OTHER DOOR KEEP IT CLOSED
If you get armor tier 1 drop from a zombo use it.
Make sure your ring of fire is ready to go at round 10 so don't use it after you finish round 8

at round 10 keep one zombo alive.
Then open the 3 obstructions (red stripes) on the map
refill ammo.
go back to spawn kill the last zombie
start exfill
follow the green line..
hug in that wall corner in the purple zone
lay down that ring of fire start killing them .
with your normal gun.
to get some easy kills.

When they get too close get on the blue route
and start making a zombie train.

switch to your warmachine.
and blast them to shit.
DO NOT spam fire
try to blast groups.
Looks for crawling zombo's
if any survived

And run to the chopper,

Should be an easy clear,

Ok cool i'll give this a shot... i've been using the knife/hammer as starting weapon but i also have the shotgun setup and ready to go so i'll switch to that one instead i guess

VN1X

Banned
I hate this game but the map design is somewhat better than MW2019 (which was a low bar already to be fair, especially with the poor visibility) so I got the battlepass again like a chump. Only this time I won't waste the excess points on skins but will instead keep the CP for the new season's BP and the one after, etc. There's bound to be a CoD released again that will be like Black Ops 3 so I can properly enjoy the rewards and what not, I hope.

Grinchy

Banned
Zombies is just kinda eh to me. I don't like how the insanely strong magnetism just locks onto a zombie's chest and you have to yank it as hard as you can away to get up to the head for every single enemy on the screen. It just doesn't feel fun to play. I'll try it out some more but it wasn't a great first impression.

Bolivar687

Banned
I hate this game but the map design is somewhat better than MW2019 (which was a low bar already to be fair, especially with the poor visibility) so I got the battlepass again like a chump. Only this time I won't waste the excess points on skins but will instead keep the CP for the new season's BP and the one after, etc. There's bound to be a CoD released again that will be like Black Ops 3 so I can properly enjoy the rewards and what not, I hope.
I think how soon the BO3 design returns depends on how they're currently making the franchise. A lot of fans think that Treyarch basically came on late and tried to salvage the multiplayer as best they could from whatever Sledgehammer was working on. If that's the case, then maybe Treyarch still has their own game in production, more in line with their last few entries, that will be coming in 2021 or 2022.

However, I'm starting to think Activision has a dedicated live team designing the online component across multiple games. I suspected that back when IW came out with not only the same gameplay mechanics as Black Ops III (champions, thrusters, Pick 10) but with much the same interface and lootbox system. I think that we're now seeing something similar with Cold War retaining the same compass, gunsmith customization system, menus, Battle Pass, and Warzone integration from MW2019. It seems to me that these last two games have been a change in direction for the online component of Call of Duty. I assume the consecutive releases of similar games were retaining a smaller and smaller core fanbase each year, so these last two reboots intended to appeal to players who left the franchise by bringing back the open map design and familiar equipment. Meanwhile Gunfight, Ground War, Combined Arms, and Warzone are meant to open the series up to appeal to new players.

This is my own convoluted conjecture, but I expect they'll continue making games like this until they start seeing a drop off in players again. The next one is already in its final year of development, so, if I'm right, another directional shift would be more than a year away, even if they're already seeing a drop off in the playerbase with Cold War. Not trying to put you off the series, just posting my own speculation about the changes we've seen in Call of Duty over the last few years, since a lot of how this game was made is very opaque.

Leyasu

Banned
Wow, tried a DMR for the first time tonight on the satellite level. LOL, these things are broken as fuck. I just sat back and racked up the kills. Popping headshots left and right.

Top Bottom