• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty 2025 will be a sequel to Advanced Warfare, developed by Sledgehammer Games

Draugoth

Gold Member
WhatIfGaming-COD-2.0.jpg

As we edge further towards the launch of Modern Warfare 2, and the introduction to Call of Duty 2.0, some questions remain unanswered for the future of Call of Duty. Sledgehammer Games aims to strip away from World War shooters, and instead return to the battlegrounds of the future, ushering back in an era of Advanced Warfare on the now unified IW 9.0 engine.

Leading up to the release of Call of Duty: Vanguard, Sledgehammer’s narrative team originally had the desire to further explore their world and make several sequels evolving Vanguard’s cast of characters. However, with Vanguard falling short of expectations, Sledgehammer was back at square one, tasked with pitching a new idea, entrusted with having something conceptually ready for executives to give the go-ahead.

Sledgehammer brought to the table the topic of Advanced Warfare, a departure from the contemporary success of boots-on-the-ground combat, back to a more fast-paced Sci-Fi shooter focused back on Advanced Warfare’s frenzied sense of movement. Given the reception Infinite Warfare received back in 2016, it might make some franchise fans skeptical.

//DEVIL//

It will be a next Gen game only so the graphics will make up for it.

Besides they have been working on it for the past couple of years plus 2 more years . We are in good hands

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Will be interesting to see if it's gonna be console exclusive.

tmlDan

I hated advanced warfare, but cool i guess.

I'm slowly falling off of COD again like i did before MW 2019 came out.

Lone Wolf

Are the campaigns any good on the last few CODs? Don’t play MP and it’s been a long time since I’ve played a COD game.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
so will this make PS users glad cod will go exclusive lol? I hated the first one and prefer more realistic combat of modern warfare. I think advanced warfare is the only one I didn't pick up and replay

//DEVIL//

Isn't the contract with sony over there, or does it last longer?
Even if MS buys Act. I really don’t think they will stop releasing the game on other platform.

Sony can do the same and get destiny 3 on PlayStation only.

Call of duty is a GaaS game. Lots of money comes from season pass and skins etc. so even for MS, not to make a half billion $ at least per year ( pulling that number from my ass but I believe it’s more ) from Sony alone is beyond stupid .

Cod will still come to ps5

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Didn’t a new CoD just release? And the carrot’s already dangling for the next one?

Last edited:

NickFire

Going from Vanguard back to Advanced makes me think either they begrudgingly make COD games or the publisher keeps giving them the short straw for unknown reasons.

Anyway, they should reconsider and stick to near future and semi-realistic. It's what the vast majority of the COD audience gets most excited for IMO.

Neolombax

Is this the one thats going to be exclusive for xbox?

Cool, i guess. I liked advanced warfare. The guns were sorta interesting and you could play it like unreal tournament...sort of. But i hv no faith in Sledgehammer after Vanguard.

HTK

Banned
AW was a lot of fun when it came out and it was a breath of fresh air when it did. I’m more than happy for them to revisit AW. MW2019, Vanguard, and BOCW have basically killed my love of CoD multiplayer, and it looks like MW2 continues that trend.

CoD for me has been Blackout and Warzone Battle Royals the last 3 years.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Even if MS buys Act. I really don’t think they will stop releasing the game on other platform.

Sony can do the same and get destiny 3 on PlayStation only.

Call of duty is a GaaS game. Lots of money comes from season pass and skins etc. so even for MS, not to make a half billion $ at least per year ( pulling that number from my ass but I believe it’s more ) from Sony alone is beyond stupid .

Cod will still come to ps5
We are beating a dead horse here and I hard disagree on it.

Just like Starfield and elder scrolls will be exclusive.

Mr Moose

Didn’t a new CoD just release? And the carrot’s already dangling for the next one?
October 28th for MWII. This isn't even the next one, it's the next next one (the one after Treyarchs) :messenger_grinning_sweat: as long as they don't make another shitty WWII CoD it should be OK-ish.

//DEVIL//

We are beating a dead horse here and I hard disagree on it.

Just like Starfield and elder scrolls will be exclusive.
Time will tell I guess . I also don’t think the deal will go through too. Too much noise is happening and I don’t see it flying ( even though I would love to see it happening so I don’t have to buy a single game any more ( cod was the only game I buy day one )) . Also the meltdown will be amazing

Kerotan

Advanced warfare wasn't bad and deserved a sequel. It's also been a long time since a boost jump cod so it will mix things up nicely.

Majormaxxx

Are the campaigns any good on the last few CODs? Don’t play MP and it’s been a long time since I’ve played a COD game.
Advanced warfare was good. Infinite warfare was quite good. Ww2 was good as well. Ghosts was overall decent but it had a cliffhanger ending. Black ops 4 was not good - they took a convoluted story and scrambled it more; included part of the story in mission loading screens which literally flash for a second and disappear. That was a dick move in addition to scrambling the order of the missions. Mw 2019 was good, if a tiny bit woke. But visually was Stellar. Cold war - didn't enjoy it. Vanguard - haven't played yet.

Top Bottom