• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Calisto Protocol's Season Pass Detailed: New Death Animations, Story DLC, New Areas and Game Mode(s)

8BiTw0LF

Banned
You can actually can buy Season pass now for original Mario + Rabbits even tho the game came out in 2017.

Some called expansion pass and some called season pass, but MP games are only ones with expiration date.
It really doesn't make any sense. There are 4 seasons in a year - 4 season passes can be released within a year. Expansion pass makes way more sense.

If they just said DLC will come out in 3 months I would be fine with it, but wording means a lot in this business and it should be obvious to anyone by now.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It really doesn't make any sense. There are 4 seasons in a year - 4 season passes can be released within a year. Expansion pass makes way more sense.

If they just said DLC will come out in 3 months I would be fine with it, but wording means a lot in this business and it should be obvious to anyone by now.
I agree that it doesn't really makes sense calling them "season passes". I mean for Fire Emblem Three Houses its called Expansion Pass...

While in Mario + Rabbits.....
MRSH_SeasonPass_960x540.jpg

Even tho both mean and do same thing.

To me it doesn't matter what it called as long as DLC quality is good. I mean I love Atlus games but the way they do DLC is suuuuuuuuuucks, even tho they dont do Expansion/season pass.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Season pass was a thing for singleplayer before mulltiplayers adopted it and made them utter shit. Where have you been for the last 10 years?

Sure, but back then season pass wasn't defined as it is today, so it's very weird to see a new AAA studio adopt it, when they could've used expansion pass or simply DLC.

10 years ago they didn't release 4 season passes within a year as it's expected today, so I'm hesitant to see if Callisto Protocol will receive 4 season passes.

What do you think?

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Sure, but back then season pass wasn't defined as it is today, so it's very weird to see a new AAA studio adopt it, when they could've used expansion pass or simply DLC.

10 years ago they didn't release 4 season passes within a year as it's expected today, so I'm hesitant to see if Callisto Protocol will receive 4 season passes.

What do you think?

Highly unlikely a singleplayer game will have dlc that expires(unless its a license thing). But yes season pass 2 or season pass 3 was not common. If the content is good it doesnt matter anyway. Even if its shit, no one has to buy it.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Highly unlikely a singleplayer game will have dlc that expires(unless its a license thing). But yes season pass 2 or season pass 3 was not common. If the content is good it doesnt matter anyway. Even if its shit, no one has to buy it.
Even if it doesn't expire there may be a whole year of new content for a single player game - which is great! I'm all for devs keeping supporting their games - although I rarely jump back into SP games after I'm done with them, so I rather wait for a complete edition so I can stick my teeth in it without knowing there'll be more coming.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Even if it doesn't expire there may be a whole year of new content for a single player game - which is great! I'm all for devs keeping supporting their games - although I rarely jump back into SP games after I'm done with them, so I rather wait for a complete edition so I can stick my teeth in it without knowing there'll be more coming.

Sure, waiting is good as well, cheaper price, patched, etc.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
*battlepass
Season pass has been around since bioshock infinite.

What do you think?

Actually since LA Noire.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
You want a game to fail. come on. We barely get good single player games as it is. Its an extra animation. I don't buy any of this shit as it is, as long as the game has regular death animations its a non issue. Just don't buy the season pass.
Companies can offer extra content as long as the content isn't cut from the main game.

If people stop buying these games we won't get more, they will put more money into the the kids and their fortnite/ mobas/ gaas bs f2p games instead of real games.
We have to support single player game devs, especially for new ip.
We do, and I want to but they shit on paying customers by introducing this bs season pass and denuvo drm. No thanks.

GymWolf

Dead Space was a psychological horror game.
I have the feeling this game wants to be more Resident Evil than Silent Hill.
From how the melee combat look i think it is trying to be more close to tlou2.

Dead space had a big emphasis on combat for a survival horror, it was never similar to silent hill to me where combat is almost an afterthought and super basic.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Oh fuck me, here we go with the bullshit. Because the game was just too promising, it simply couldn't be a modern triple-A release without the publisher trying to worm its grubby fingers into our wallets.
Effectively. Now it's the last straw... You can no longer have hype for the video game because the developers want to squeeze more for you to spend money

From how the melee combat look i think it is trying to be more close to tlou2.

Dead space had a big emphasis on combat for a survival horror, it was never similar to silent hill to me where combat is almost an afterthought and super basic.
Well it wasn't the combat that made Dead Space memorable to me. It was the Ishimura, the crazy cult and the marker.

Ristifer

We do, and I want to but they shit on paying customers by introducing this bs season pass and denuvo drm. No thanks.
I don't understand this way of thinking. They're not shitting on paying customers. They're working on additional content that is optional, which you can then purchase later on. Denuvo is also not shitting on paying customers. I know it causes performance issues for some games, which is where I understand the frustration. But it's still anti-piracy. That has nothing do to with shitting on customers. They're trying to preserve as much as they can for their original investment (aka the entire game and its costs - costs which are ridiculously high).

Some of you live in a fairytale land where you think games cost ten dollars to make/produce and that you're somehow getting screwed by paying $60-$70. Because evil corporations.

SLB1904

Banned
Crisis averted let's go day one with mo ragrets again.

Now the question that is stopping me from 0re order. Will pc version support dualsense?

njean777

Actually in these kind of games the death animations are very important, it's like a big feature of the game. It's like fatalities in Mortal Kombat.

Don’t agree, if you die then you messed up. You don’t die in these games and then the story continues. You start from the last checkpoint and try not to die again.

A fatality is an extra insult/ rubbing in your opponents face that they lost. Aka you fucked up and lost/died.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Season pass + Denuvo trash

Ill buy it when its 5€ on a random keysite for a gold edition.

Its a combination of this for me tbh. I haven't cancelled a pre-order in years. I went from hype, to a bit of worry, to fuck no cancel, I'll buy it used next year.

I think its even more funny those trying to find every excuse to justify this as if the content not being made yet or "rEaD dA aRtiCle" excuse makes this any better. Those of us making the choice to not buy it is likely based on season pass, animation paywall and denuvo drm shit.

All of that is confirmed by the developer themselves, thus a easy cancel pre-order and wait for deep sale or used or something. If they are not done making the game and this shit is fucking 13 hours long, maaaaaaybe they should delay to 2023 if they have all theses fucking plans in the first place. Gamers will feel that "plan" even more when they are done in 13 hours hearing about "oh shit, we didn't even start on THE OTHER HALF OF THE GAME we are charging you for" as if that is going to make anyone feel better lol

So what, they are paying $70 for early access? Close to 100 just to get the complete game? yet some of you really think those of us not buying this day 1 is based on a fucking article? lol

I have the game, but did not opt in for the season pass... kinda glad I didn't.

New "death" animations behind a season pass is... weird. I can see it for like multiplayer game, but it just seems weird for a SP game.

Top Bottom