• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

California prisoner confesses in letter to newspaper that he killed 2 child molesters behind bars: report

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
A California prison inmate confessed in a letter that he beat two child molesters to death with a cane while behind bars just hours after his urgent warning to a counselor that he might become violent was ignored, a newspaper chain reported Thursday.

Jonathan Watson, 41, confessed in the letter to the Bay Area News Group in Northern California that he clubbed both men in the head on Jan. 16 at the California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility and State Prison in Corcoran.

Prisoner David Bobb, 48, died that day. Graham De Luis-Conti, 62, died three days later at a hospital. Both were serving life sentences for aggravated sexual assault of a child under 14.

“We can't comment on an active investigation," Dana Simas, spokesman for the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, wrote in an email.

Watson is serving a life sentence for a 2009 murder conviction.

AP20052091248468.jpg

This Jan. 9, 2020 file photo released by the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation shows Jonathan Watson. Watson has confessed that he beat two child molesters to death with a cane while behind bars and says his urgent warning to a counselor that he might become violent was ignored. ((California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation via AP,File)

Days before the attack, he said his security classification was changed and he was transferred from a single-person cell to a lower-security dormitory pod at the Central Valley facility. Watson called the switch a “careless" mistake and said he had protested the decision.

Watson wrote that six days after he arrived at the prison, a child molester moved into the pod. Watson believed the man began taunting other inmates by watching children's television programming. Watson said in the letter he couldn't sleep that night “having not done what every instinct told me I should’ve done right then and there."

Two hours before the attacks the next day, Watson told a prison counselor that he urgently needed to be transferred back to higher-level security “before I really (expletive) one of these dudes up,” but the counselor “scoffed and dismissed" him.

Watson said he returned to his housing pod.

“I was mulling it all over when along came Molester #1 and he put his TV right on PBS Kids again,” he wrote, according to the newspaper chain. “But this time, someone else said something to the effect of ‘Is this guy really going to watch this right in front of us?’ and I recall saying, ‘I got this.’ And I picked up the cane and went to work on him.”

Watson said he then left the housing pod to find a guard and turn himself in, but on the way, he saw “a known child trafficker, and I figured I’d just do everybody a favor,” Watson wrote. “In for a penny, in for a pound.”

Watson said he then told a guard, who didn't believe him “until he looked around the corner and saw the mess I’d left in the dorm area,” Watson wrote.

Watson is in segregated housing while he is under investigation for the killings. He hasn't been charged yet.

“Being a lifer, I’m in a unique position where I sometimes have access to these people and I have so little to lose,” Watson wrote. “And trust me, we get it, these people are every parents’ worst nightmare."

Last edited:
Yeah, that's brutal.

Youtube is filled with ex-con video channels where they talk about crazy shit like this all the time. All of them say child molesters don't last long inside.

That part about the PBS kids channel shit was crazy. "I got this." Damn lol.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
“I was mulling it all over when along came Molester #1 and he put his TV right on PBS Kids again,” he wrote, according to the newspaper chain. “But this time, someone else said something to the effect of ‘Is this guy really going to watch this right in front of us?’ and I recall saying, ‘I got this.’ And I picked up the cane and went to work on him.”

Watson said he then left the housing pod to find a guard and turn himself in, but on the way, he saw “a known child trafficker, and I figured I’d just do everybody a favor,” Watson wrote. “In for a penny, in for a pound.”

Goddaaaaaaamn. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Nymphae

Banned
I'll meet you halfway and suggest blocking access to PBS Kids channel lol

Totally lol. But it's like why does it have to be TV, someone is paying for that. I'm fine with giving them something to do with their time, but this is supposed to be a severe punishment. What's so bad about reading?

Last edited:
Totally lol. But it's like why does it have to be TV, someone is paying for that. I'm fine with giving them something to do with their time, but this is supposed to be a severe punishment. What's so bad about reading?

It sounds like this was a common use TV, so it really is not all that expensive, especially when you factor in prison labor. A ton of people can watch a $200-$300 TV for years. Books would actually be more expensive.

Hinedorf

Banned
It sounds so fucked up but I would venture to guess there's a lot of people in here who have no problems with the losses of those lives.

Actually seems like perfect justice, in a correctional facility clearly displaying behavior that nothing has been corrected, better than let them back out into society.

Still sounds so fucked up but I guess to me pedophilia is easily a castration/death type of penalty

Still sounds so fucked up but I guess to me pedophilia is easily a castration/death type of penalty

It's hard to say what to do with them without sounding like a monster, but recidivism is so high that you can't let them out, and they almost never acknowledge that there is something wrong with them.

This Watson guy is a murderer and clearly has a pathological tendency towards violence, but he understands that. You can tell from how he described protesting against being moved to a lower security level that he knows he can't control himself and wants to be in a place where others are safe from him. That is shame. Pedos do not have that - they are proud of what they are and will be so until (bluntly) a Watson beats them to death.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Sounds like he’s doing the lord’s work. If Trump is looking to grant clemency he could be a good candidate but sounds like he’s perfect right where he is.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I want to celebrate murder.

But the effect of brutal prisons goes far beyond people deserving murder being killed; it's part of what hardens people who enter prison even for non-violent offenses.. likely part of why hardly anyone is rehabilitated exiting prison and we have so many repeat offenders.

Same with why kids that are beaten badly aren't suddenly angels.

But still... dat child molester murder :messenger_ok:

ExpandKong

Banned
Celebrate away. I’m glad you know better than the criminal justice system of the United States.

You’re referring to the criminal justice system whose agents, when approached by a man serving a life sentence for murder asking to be moved back into a higher security cell because he could feel his urge to murder rising, ignored his request and sent him back to his pod where his convicted child molester roommate was watching children’s shows?

You’re asking me if I think I know better than that criminal justice system?

No, it sounds like they know exactly what they’re doing.

🎉🥳👯‍♂️

I want to celebrate murder.

But the effect of brutal prisons goes far beyond people deserving murder being killed; it's part of what hardens people who enter prison even for non-violent offenses.. likely part of why hardly anyone is rehabilitated exiting prison and we have so many repeat offenders.

Same with why kids that are beaten badly aren't suddenly angels.

But still... dat child molester murder :messenger_ok:

We have this problem because people who do soft crimes get mixed with the hardened criminals.

People like Watson and the pedos should be together because they are not fixable and the risk of them causing future damage is too high, and the damage they create cannot be undone. They are why prisons should exist - to remove people like then from society. So these pedos were exactly where they belonged.

TUROK

I wonder if child molesters get targeted so much in prison because so many prisoners were abused as children, and that's their way of getting some sort of retribution.

Top Bottom