• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cables for the new consoles

sainraja

As far as I know, Sony & Microsoft do not sell official (the ones shipped with the console) power cables. What are good ones you have purchased to use with yours? Any recommendations for me?

sainraja

Haha, thanks BUT I am trying to make sure I don't make the mistake of getting a 'bad' power cable. HDMI cables I am not really worried about. I've got plenty of those. I understand none of the consoles use a proprietary version which allows us to pick any type but I would rather get something people have used and haven't experienced any issues with.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
As far as I know, Sony & Microsoft do not sell official (the ones shipped with the console) power cables. What are good ones you have purchased to use with yours? Any recommendations for me?
For 4k HDMI cables, I got a double-pack from Costco. Was $20 cdn. BUt I dont know if these are HDMI 2.1. I dont have a 2.1 TV so I didnt look that closely. I doubt they are because I got them a year ago.

Much better than the Rogers cable and Xbox 4k cables I got. I used to get green interference when I watched 4k TV channels as I got tons of cables clumped together. When I swapped to Costco cables it all went away.

I remember someone said a year ago in a similar tech thread it might had to do with shielding and the Costco ones are better made.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
Linus does videos on literally everything lol. I know people who have spent £80 on 'high spec' HDMI cables. My view is to just avoid the really cheapo ones on Amazon etc, but you're crazy to blow that kind of money on a cable, and at least he acknowledges this for people who don't know any better. Interesting point about 3m+ 2.1 cables aswell.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Haha, thanks BUT I am trying to make sure I don't make the mistake of getting a 'bad' power cable. HDMI cables I am not really worried about. I've got plenty of those. I understand none of the consoles use a proprietary version which allows us to pick any type but I would rather get something people have used and haven't experienced any issues with.
oh lol somehow i read HDMI 🤷‍♂️

Tranquil

I purchased this cable for my Series X, no complaints, it provided power.

raptorak

Neo Member
Any universal AC power cord basically. Literally any old cable that came with any practically any old console, dvd player, cable tv box, ps2-ps4 you name it (not the pro though since that is a fat one) you ever bought will work. It's like the most common power cable ever made. Below is a US one.

7152edqDkNL._SL1400.jpg

GymWolf

Any european that can advise for some good hdmi 2.1 on amazon maybe?!

I'm about to change tv and i need 2 for pc and ps5 (mostly ps5 because my gpu doesn't support 2.1).

Excess

They sell them at Best Buy, either in polarized or non-polarized. Its a standard and does not require anything special for the devices that use them.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Any advise for a decent 2.1? i'm really not an expert and there are a lot of models...
Go for the cheapest in-akustic and you are set. They have very good build quality. Don't buy the most expensive one. If you care, look for clean copper.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Go for the cheapest in-akustic and you are set. They have very good build quality. Don't buy the most expensive one. If you care, look for clean copper.
Since in-akustik doesn't even care about putting what cable is hdmi 2.1 and what not in their descriptions i did a bit of research and it seems that maxonar is also a pretty good certified brand (and they have decent description in their fucking articles :lollipop_squinting: ) i decided for one of those, what do you think?!

something like this

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Since in-akustik doesn't even care about putting what cable is hdmi 2.1 and what not in their descriptions i did a bit of research and it seems that maxonar is also a pretty good certified brand (and they have decent description in their fucking articles :lollipop_squinting: ) i decided for one of those, what do you think?!

something like this
In the end all of this is amazon so if you would check their website all specifications should be mentioned.

There sure is nothing wrong with the one you suggested.

sainraja

Any universal AC power cord basically. Literally any old cable that came with any practically any old console, dvd player, cable tv box, ps2-ps4 you name it (not the pro though since that is a fat one) you ever bought will work. It's like the most common power cable ever made. Below is a US one.

7152edqDkNL._SL1400.jpg
Thank you! I was just worried there is something I might not be aware of.

rofif

Banned
Cable with ps5 is good. I don't get any problems on my lg c1.
The cable I got for pc might be dodgy though. It does flicker sometimes

Top Bottom