• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buying games that were part of PS Plus?

RCU005

I am still new with PS Plus and still learning some of it.

I redeemed 5 games from PS Plus collection (I had most of them already and wasn't interested in the rest). I noticed that if I go to my library or the store it says that I have them with a plus sign on the upper right corner.

FFXV Royal Pack is different though. I already had FFXV so it doesn't say I own it from PS Plus. I know it's just the DLC add-on, but what would happen to that add-on if I don't renew my subscription? Like how do DLC works when it's given via PS Plus (instead of a full game).

My main question is that I was about to buy Control when I saw that it was coming to PS Plus, so I'll definitely redeem it. However, how could I buy it if I already redeemed it? I made a test with Bloodborne and it doesn't let me buy it, just download it. Is there a way to do it?

Thank you everyone!

RCU005

You can now buy games you acquire through PSPlus. I made a thread on it last year.

Thank you!

I guess they got it back to how it was on PS5. It doesn't let you buy games you have redeemed.
It also doesn't let you buy redeemed games from the PS app on iPhone.

I'll try on the PS4 to see if it works as you stated in your thread.

Last edited:

FrozenFlame

You can now buy games you acquire through PSPlus. I made a thread on it last year.

Wait, they fixed it? I remember not long ago I wanted to redeem Vampyr from PS Plus on my account but because I download it from PS Now (and my subscription was still active) I wasn't allowed to.

Edit: To be clear, I understand that this is about having ps plus and wanting to purchase a game that you got from PS Plus, but the situation is the similar.

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned
I'm not sure how it works now, but a few years back I had a similar problem!
I got Binding of Isaac free on ps+, no option to buy the game! But could buy the expansion packs!
I had to wait for my ps+ to expire to actually buy the game.

I already told you in another thread where I complained about this, that this does not work on PS5, or the app.

It‘s either a regional thing, only possible on PS4 or they had this enabled by accident.

I also find it funny that you post this in a thread where someone literally says that he can’t do this after testing with Bloodborne.

RCU005

I already told you in another thread where I complained about this, that this does not work on PS5, or the app.

It‘s either a regional thing, only possible on PS4 or they had this enabled by accident.

I also find it funny that you post this in a thread where someone literally says that he can’t do this after testing with Bloodborne.

You definitely can do it on PS4. Hopefully it's not enabled by accident, because Sony needs to fix this in the PS5 and the app.

bitbydeath

Wait, they fixed it? I remember not long ago I wanted to redeem Vampyr from PS Plus on my account but because I download it from PS Now (and my subscription was still active) I wasn't allowed to.

Edit: To be clear, I understand that this is about having ps plus and wanting to purchase a game that you got from PS Plus, but the situation is the similar.

Not for PS5.
I haven’t tested but there was a URL that went to the old store if using a PC.

bitbydeath

Yes, it works on PS4.
OP didn’t state which originally.

Top Bottom