• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buying FIFA22 for PS5 - is it crossgen for online gaming?

base

Banned
Hi guys,

So here's the deal. Got a PS5 and wanted play FIFA 22 for it. Unfortunately, one of my friend with who I'm mostly gaming online doesn't have PS5, he's still using PS4. Buying a PS5 for him is not an option XD. Will it work? Can I use the PS5 version to game online with someone using a PS4 version?

base

Banned
Guys, thanks for all replies.
It seems only the Ultimate Edition get a free PS5 upgrade when buying a PS4 version. Crossgen isn't available.
It seems I will have to buy the PS4 version but that would be a downgrade for a PS5 user like me.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Guys, thanks for all replies.
It seems only the Ultimate Edition get a free PS5 upgrade when buying a PS4 version. Crossgen isn't available.
It seems I will have to buy the PS4 version but that would be a downgrade for a PS5 user like me.
You could buy the Ultimate Edition and install both versions. Then just use the PS4 one when you wish to play against your friend maybe?

I didn't realise that PS4/PS5 couldn't play online together until I read this thread and I just recently bought it as a Christmas present for my son. Not a massive problem as we can play couch co-op on PS5 and he is still free to play online against his mates on PS4 (unless they have a PS5 and then he'll be pestering me to use my PS5, it's a mess).

For all the many pitfalls of eFootball, it is at least it is true cross gen and platform play, just a shame there is not much of a game to play.

kingfey

Banned
I bought mine for x1 only.
Next gen has extra features, which old gen doesn't have. And ea is shit when it comes to that.

Ps5 can't play with ps4, same for xbox.

If you really want to play the online, buy it for the old gen. More users are there.

base

Banned
You could buy the Ultimate Edition and install both versions. Then just use the PS4 one when you wish to play against your friend maybe?

I didn't realise that PS4/PS5 couldn't play online together until I read this thread and I just recently bought it as a Christmas present for my son. Not a massive problem as we can play couch co-op on PS5 and he is still free to play online against his mates on PS4 (unless they have a PS5 and then he'll be pestering me to use my PS5, it's a mess).

For all the many pitfalls of eFootball, it is at least it is true cross gen and platform play, just a shame there is not much of a game to play.
Way too expensive.

Top Bottom