• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie May Be Hiring For A Competitive Destiny Game

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

It looks like Destiny and ex-Halo developer Bungie is working “on an exciting new title” that seems to be a competitive Destiny game, according to a job listing posted recently.

The job advert in question is for a Senior Concept Artist which went live on the company’s careers website this month. It says the candidate will work on a “wide range of game elements like guns, characters, armors, vehicles, environments, and other seasonal art needs”.

The listing also states that the candidate will “continually push aesthetics of the Destiny universe” which implies that this new title is part of Bungie’s Destiny franchise.

Another thing to note here is that, in the ‘nice-to-have’ section, it says “experience with and love of competitive games”, suggesting that this new title would have some kind of competitive elements in it.

“As a Concept Artist, you will be working on everything from exploring character designs and iconography to proposing visual solutions for broad world building questions. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, dedicated, and passionate cross-discipline team devoted to bringing a new game to life!”

FingerBang

Are they going to separate PvP and PvE for good? Or could it just be Destiny 3? 🤔

Man, I haven't been able to go back to the game with the newest DLC. I would go back and play for a month or so in the past but the game got to a state where it's hard to get back into it. I REALLY want a new game.

pvp in destiny is horribly unbalanced so they might aswell throw it in the trash

unless....

if they are trying to make it like halo with custom games and a forge type mode. destiny has some really cool things in the game that you could just fuck around with and make some crazy levels.

but for now they can eat my dick

STARSBarry

Gold Member
The issue with Destiny PvP is they mixed PvE content and earnable random weapons with trying to balance that like its some Halo arena match...

Even worse they create special "hardcore" competitive modes that take characters gear and traits into account so that it's even more unbalanced and call it "competitive".

The funny thing is they almost had it in Destiny, but with Destiny 2 they decided to double down on the impossible.

You see in Destiny you had a chance to get a larger map with vehicles, which just ended up closer to the style of big team battle in Halo. This is what they should have focussed on, try and make larger scale more casual "mayhem" that players can still have fun on. Instead they went for the smaller scale PvP maps and tried to balance around that, an impossible task given the style of game.

Trials of the Nine sucked, and this is coming from someone with the full base launch set with accessories. It was the wrong call, they need to make larger games where the goal is just to have fun for PvP to work on Destiny.

Last edited:
Top Bottom