• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie Devs - 'It's TOO Hot. I cant work!'

Popup

From June 29th
iGgwVFi.jpg

(/S) Lol, Firemen work in fires all the time and you don't hear them complaining. It's not like we don't have fire extinguishers for sale on the internet. These snowflake Devs complaining about a lack of a face after being engulfed in fire should be taking their laptops with them to the local burns unit to carry on upgrading those textures that embarrassed me last year, as parts of their arse are grafted to their ruined face. At this rate, I'm never going to get to play their next game. Also, where's my pizza I ordered? What do you mean the tyres melted?

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Yeah my bad Kev Kev Kev Kev , I forgot that a forum doesn't preserve the conversation for anyone to catch up on at any time. Thank goodness you're a bastion of civility and not a bad faith actor, chastising me for showing the irony of calling someone entitled while demanding to be "caught up" instead of doing 5 minutes worth of reading.

Thanks for showing everyone your feet are firmly planted on the high road of moral superiority.

In short, I'm glad you're not being
fucking retarded

Let me just scroll back a bit and see....

but why are they still working remote? the pandemic is over. im sure everyone working in that building is vaccinated. do they not have a building to work in (serious question)?
Did you not see that the roads buckled? Did you see the light rail broke down from the heat? The busses in Seattle are already very packed throughout the day, can only imagine it gets worse when the homeless people are trying to escape the heat as well. Did you figure out how people get to these offices given the situation?

the building they would go to work doesnt have ac that works well enough to keep the temp at a reasonable, comfortable level? how do you know this? and also..... the fuck why? who would design an ac system that cant do its job?

hundreds of deaths a day because covid is sad, but we have way more deaths to a plethora of other things around the world, always have. so why didnt we lockdown for all of the other risks associated with living everyday human lives? the answer is because that is insane and no one wants to live in fear like that. youre being overly paranoid ridiculous with saying a couple hundred deaths out of hudreds of millions is cause for everyone to stay on lockdown.

the covid thing isnt even an argument at this point. they just need to open up the doors and bring people back in. i cant imagine the ac system at whatever buldings they own cant handle. lol like, seriously? they have a building that cant keep the place cooled? that doesnt make sense
You've never in your life experienced a situation where the AC wasn't able to fully overcome the heat? Do you design AC systems and have knowledge of how to build a system for a commercial building that is about to undergo an unprecedented heat wave, well beyond any temps they would normally consider in said design?

you projected 4 posts onto the entirety of neogaf

yeah, im done with you
Hmmm this isn't very accommodating. Come on, they were just trying to participate, how about a little courtesy?

ok that would make sense. but how do you know this to be true? i mean, they actually designed a building that only only barely tolerate average temps? a few degrees more and they all the sudden cant handle it anymore? it just doesnt make snese. but if there is proof that this is the case, then i get it. which is the quesiton i was asking to begin with before covid paranoia posts started raining down on me lol
The temps were 30 degrees above the average and record setting. It's beyond a "few" degrees.

It’s a cluster fuck that could have been avoided if they had back up window units.
I love how you're solution here is for every building to suddenly draw triple the power consumption like there aren't finite resources.

xBlueStonex xBlueStonex if you want to get caught up, just skim Kev's posts here, see how he starts by dismissing the issue and insulting anyone that disagrees, then follow along as he argues his point from a place of ignorance and finally learns that he may not fully understand the situation, only to proceed forward with no empathy for the broader situation. Cheers!

G Boaty

Banned
Lol, Firemen work in fires all the time and you don't hear them complaining.
Because we're not on a forum to discuss firefighters and the fire fighting trade. The two that I know IRL absolutely do complain about aspects of their job, just like everyone does.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Because we're not on a forum to discuss firefighters and the fire fighting trade. The two that I know IRL absolutely do complain about aspects of their job, just like everyone does.
I'm pretty sure they were being sarcastic 😅

Kev Kev

Yeah my bad Kev Kev Kev Kev , I forgot that a forum doesn't preserve the conversation for anyone to catch up on at any time. Thank goodness you're a bastion of civility and not a bad faith actor, chastising me for showing the irony of calling someone entitled while demanding to be "caught up" instead of doing 5 minutes worth of reading.

Thanks for showing everyone your feet are firmly planted on the high road of moral superiority.

In short, I'm glad you're not being

Let me just scroll back a bit and see....

Did you not see that the roads buckled? Did you see the light rail broke down from the heat? The busses in Seattle are already very packed throughout the day, can only imagine it gets worse when the homeless people are trying to escape the heat as well. Did you figure out how people get to these offices given the situation?

You've never in your life experienced a situation where the AC wasn't able to fully overcome the heat? Do you design AC systems and have knowledge of how to build a system for a commercial building that is about to undergo an unprecedented heat wave, well beyond any temps they would normally consider in said design?

Hmmm this isn't very accommodating. Come on, they were just trying to participate, how about a little courtesy?

The temps were 30 degrees above the average and record setting. It's beyond a "few" degrees.

I love how you're solution here is for every building to suddenly draw triple the power consumption like there aren't finite resources.

xBlueStonex xBlueStonex if you want to get caught up, just skim Kev's posts here, see how he starts by dismissing the issue and insulting anyone that disagrees, then follow along as he argues his point from a place of ignorance and finally learns that he may not fully understand the situation, only to proceed forward with no empathy for the broader situation. Cheers!
I’m not reading all that. You could have just answered the posters question instead being unhelpful.

balt1kr1s

Honestly.
If my boss would say “you don’t have to work because it’s too hot” there is no chance I would say “no”.

I’m lazy bastard by nature, like every monkey including you bloody hypocrites, so stop blaming them lol

Last edited:
i also learned that this week from these kinds of stories

as a Floridian, central AC is a must. but i guess in other parts of the country they still dont all have that. they rely on window units or nothing to get through the summer, i guess bc there summers are so short. my question is, why dont these people all have window units? i mean, its not quite as hot for as long (compared to FL) but it still gets hot af, and my ass would still have a window unit in that bitch for those ridiculously hot summer days (and nights).

seems really retarded and short sighted to not fork over the money for one of those units. and then to complain about it? i dont get it. get a window unit ya jack ass :messenger_tears_of_joy:
It’s all sold out in the area.

Kev Kev

It’s all sold out in the area.
yeah thats wild man. as a floridian im feelin for you guys. i know humidity is a game changer for heat, but anything over 100 is hot af with or without humidity. hope its feeling better this week. i had no idea the extent at which people and businesses didnt have AC. as i said earlier id have already had a window unit, but id definitely be getting one now if i still didnt (once they are stocked back up). hell at this point, id make a weekend trip out of traveling a few states just to go get one. wouldnt want to risk having to go through that again.

Top Bottom