• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie answers Halo 2 questions...

Sai

The pop-in does become a lot more apparent on my Widescreen...

It doesn't even seem to be there when I play on my 27" sometimes, unless I really look for it. :lol

shpankey

not an idiot
MrparisSM said:
I have a 44 inch HDTV aswell, and the graphics are no where near as bad as you are making them out to be. Everything looks awesome on my tv! :)

what are you talking about? i never even remotely said the graphics were bad. on the contrary, i have praised the graphics a great deal on this forum.

all i was talking about was noticing pop in textures a lot. a whole lot.

the game looks breathtaking on my Sony 36" ISF calibrated direct view HDTV. i spent over $200 on just having the tv professionally calibrated. i spend a ton of hours on AVS forum applying tweaks through the service menu (it's a disease i tell you :lol ). i use monster component cables. i am kinda anal about picture quality and spend freely to get it lol. i seriously doubt xbox games could look any better on another setup; as a direct view crt hdtv is tough to beat in picture quality (something i am big on). i bought this tv specifically for playing xbox games on and am really happy with it.

my point earlier is because this display is so crisp, clean and clear, and it is profesionally ISF calibrated (which makes a huge difference in quality and your ability to see fine details) i can probably see a lot of stuff in a game that other gamers might not see as clearly with their display. what i see on my screen is pretty much exactly what the developers intended users to see

MrparisSM

Banned
shpankey said:
what are you talking about? i never even remotely said the graphics were bad. on the contrary, i have praised the graphics a great deal on this forum.

all i was talking about was noticing pop in textures a lot. a whole lot.

Ok, point taken. It seemed as if you were trying to say people with HDTV's weren't getting good graphics because we could see more detail. My bad. From my experience everything looks tight to def. As far as the "pop-in" on dead enemies, I get that aswell, although I rarely ever notice it. I wonder why Bungie didn't just make the enemies disappear like in Ninja Gaiden or something? Would've made sense and they probably could have added some other cool things with the extra power.

shpankey

not an idiot
nah, i'd take it the way we have it now over dissapearing, personally. it's distracting but to be honest, i can overlook it because we don't have any loading times or anything, basically

Kon Tiki

Banned
gohepcat said:
eshh. good job reading my post. The problem he was describing was nothing like that.

That actually looks like your DVD rom drive is dieing. I saw someone playing Crazy Taxi once and it was doing the exact same thing.

Halo 2 preloads, you can pull the DVD out of the drive and still play for awhile.

Ecrofirt

my single biggest gripe with Halo 2 occurs during the first level.

About halfway through, the audio gets really muffled. I've played through several times, and it comes on in different spots, but it happens every time.

It's very odd. it's like your gunshots are being made from underwater, but some of the voices still sound normal. I thought I was going nuts the first time I played it.

And no campaign downloadable content? Someone fix my ending, please!

MrparisSM

Banned
Ecrofirt said:
my single biggest gripe with Halo 2 occurs during the first level.

About halfway through, the audio gets really muffled. I've played through several times, and it comes on in different spots, but it happens every time.

It's very odd. it's like your gunshots are being made from underwater, but some of the voices still sound normal. I thought I was going nuts the first time I played it.

And no campaign downloadable content? Someone fix my ending, please!

That's because you've entered the air vac spot and are about to enter into space I think... I thought the same thing until I looked around a bit. :)

Rlan

Pop in did happen a lot during the first few levels. It seems to always happen during the Human ones, but not the others.

It's a real pain int he arse, and makes the game look really cheap IMO. I mean, really, if this has been in the game for a while, fix it! Maybe don't add bumpmapping to the old mans face, get rid of a few bits and pieces. Don't make the Master Cheifs head so shiny, but do something about it.

Ecrofirt said:
Someone fix my ending, please!

I was thinking about this today. It would have been really evil if Bungie cut to the credits when
the halo "seemingly" detonates... into the sparkles... it would be like FFVII's ending... did life in the universe survive!? And heck you could still have the little Cortana/Gravemind conversation because Cortana isn't alive and presumably the Gravemind is very very very old. Old enough to see the previous firing of the Halo, and live through it.

Top Bottom