• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BUGSNAX Coming to Xbox / PC Game Pass - April 28th

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Including free new content update:

To make this new launch even more exciting, the team at Young Horses and I have been working hard on a free content update called The Isle of Bigsnax.

The Isle of Bigsnax includes around three hours of new story and quest content where you explore a strange island that has risen from the sea, crawling with giant-sized Bugsnax! You’ll also be able to take on new challenges in the town of Snaxburg to earn furniture and accessories for your personal hut. And I’m always happy to say, you can now hunt down adorable hats to put on your collection of Bugsnax.

It’s a unique blend of slapstick comedy and narrative mystery with a dash of body horror on the side. If that sounds appetizing, then I have good news: Bugsnax is coming to Xbox Game Pass, PC Game Pass, and available for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, cloud gaming (Beta), and Windows 10 PCs on April 28!

Last edited:

Robochobo

I completely forgot that game existed.
OtEUxk6.jpg

I tried to play this game a few times, I always gave up about 20 minutes in each time. It might be great and I’m just not giving it a proper chance. Apparently has an interesting twist to the story.

unclbenn

Was this game actually any good? Or did people kinda just beat a dead horse like they do with knack?
i thought the story, characters and world were something really unique but the puzzles and trapping got really frustrating at times. i had to resort to a guide more times than im willing to admit and that kinda ruined some of the fun i was having with the game.

CheeseCake

If you're a PC guy like myself, I recommend you do NOT use the xbox app (gamepass) on PC because it's buggy as all hell. It's hot, HOT, garbage.

Waiting until they put gamepass on Steam, I'm never using the xbox app EVER again.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Fuck the haters, Bugsnax was a weirdly endearing game. Best 7/10 I've played in years. The music, the uncomfortable feeling between the characters, the underlying dread of what's actually going on. Super unique vibes even if it's cheap looking and janky. I'll play the DLC for sure.

That might also be because I had a week off and played PS5 for about 14 hours a day for a week on launch. Might have messed me up.

If you're a PC guy like myself, I recommend you do NOT use the xbox app (gamepass) on PC because it's buggy as all hell. It's hot, HOT, garbage.

Waiting until they put gamepass on Steam, I'm never using the xbox app EVER again.
It's so weird how they fail to get that right. You'd think a software company would struggle so much to build a functional storefront. The EA Play one that you are forced to use with Gamepass is somehow even worse.

Bridges

This is a really great game, bought it at launch with no regrets, will play it again on Gamepass for the new story content.

Expect something silly with dark undertones. It's not Bioshock or anything but it can definitely be a bit morbid at times. Very unique game but a lot of people here seem to be down on it, not sure what ya'll expected from the creators of Octodad.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Worth it for the Kero Kero Benito ending credits song.

I was told that some of the Bugsnax were gay and that shit had me crying laughing. Like just imagine some giant Pizzasaurus like "Yeah, I'm gay." But they actually meant the Grumpus'

It's like Pokemon Snap but not on rails and it's kinda fun. The ending will hit you different though, it's not as cute and as innocent as you're lead to believe.

ethomaz

Banned
Was this game actually any good? Or did people kinda just beat a dead horse like they do with knack?
The game is good, gameplay is fun, have good dialogues and the story boost your curiosity to want to see more.
I give it a 8/10.
It is a solid game to play... there is no big flaw but not shining point that put it above others games.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Worth it for the Kero Kero Benito ending credits song.

I was told that some of the Bugsnax were gay and that shit had me crying laughing. Like just imagine some giant Pizzasaurus like "Yeah, I'm gay." But they actually meant the Grumpus'

It's like Pokemon Snap but not on rails and it's kinda fun. The ending will hit you different though, it's not as cute and as innocent as you're lead to believe.
Yeap the game is really funny.
There are both hetero and homo pairs in the game.
The the characters personalities are a must... I keep backing to feed or talk with every characters to see what they had to say.
Each one is unique to it own.

But hey people will keep trying to downplay the game even when it is out of the console wars lol

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
What do you actually do in game? I was never really sure
You were hied to sold mystery around the disappearance of the leader in the island expedition.
There you are presented to the Bugnaxs... that can be used to eat (you don't eat them but all the others eat) or help you progress/solve puzzles.
The gameplay is based in that catch all these Bugnaxs using tools you will get thought progression.

So the end goal is solve the mystery and that involves the reason of Bugnaxs exists (I'm not sure here because I just reached 60-70% of the game and not finished it).

There are a lot of good dialog with characters to fetch side quests or progress in the main line story.
The characters changes as they eat the Bugnaxs... they got the apparence of the bugnaxs they eat in each part you their body (you can choose the parts)... there is final change that happens when you fill up all parts with the right Bugnaxs.

The catch is not a simple catch... each bugnaxs needs different tools to be catch and there are puzzle involved... some bugnaxs you need to use the environment, others bugnaxs and several tools to catch that one... so it is a big puzzle game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom