• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bubble Bobble 4 Friends: The Baron's Workshop coming to Steam

Bullet Club

A bubble action game bustling with energy! Blow bubble after bubble then burst them with your horns or spines. Lock up your enemies and show them what’s what!

Don’t forget that bubbles will go wherever the wind takes them. That means you too can reach the highest heights by jumping onto them while they float!

The more you hone your skills, the better the experience!

Make your very own stage and share it with other players!

■Two modes are playable
・Story Mode
Main Story
Up to four friends can work together in this mode! Play on a bookshelf, on a bed, among toys, or in any of the other various stages of the game! Once you’ve finished Normal Mode, try your hand at Hard Mode with different enemies and stage designs.
Earn Chain Burst Bonuses by bursting clouds of adjacent bubbles with enemies inside. Aim for a high score using the wind to push bubbles together, ready for a Chain Burst!

Arcade of Memories(The original arcade version of Bubble Bobble)
Faithfully recreated from the original 1986 arcade game Bubble Bobble, this version allows up to two players to experience the nostalgia of old-school pixel art and riddle solving elements, along with the same hidden tricks and secret commands!

Arcade of the Future(The Baron is Back!)
Once you’ve played your way through 4 Friends mode, you’ll be able to try your hand at something more challenging. There are no continues in this far more difficult mode, but you will be able to fine-tune your skills in Training for each new stage. This mode supports up to four players. In place of Chain Burst Bonuses, you can get Time Bonuses if you are fast enough.

・Workshop Mode
Create your own stage by placing blocks, enemies and bubble-blowing wind too.
These stages can be played, uploaded for other players to enjoy and new stages created by other players can be downloaded too.

■New and Improved Gameplay!
・With an online ranking function for each mode, you can now contend with players around the world to see who has the highest score.
・Skills can be selected before playing Arcade of the Future in the Main Story. New Skills and extra Skill slots are unlocked with progress in the game.
・Continuing 3 times on the same stage of Main Story's Normal Mode allows you to continue with invincibility. You don't need to be an expert to enjoy it!
・Continue with invincibility is available from the start in Arcade of the Future's Training. Use it to practice strategies!
・In Arcade of Memories the screen ratio can be adjusted, and scanlines displayed for an authentic, Bubble Bobble arcade experience!

Smasher89

A 3rd version?
Game was alright at first but made me realise some games do work better with some luck elements, bubble bobble being one, without random powerups, parasols, bonuslevels and stuff it doesnt get as much replayability. Baron update was relatively interesting (have yet to beat all those stages), 10 lives for was it 50 or 100 stages goes out kinda fast if you havent solved them the correct way yet, and it feels designed in such way that the levels are puzzles themselves how to beat them the "right way"!, which was a relatively interesting spin.
Story mode is segmented to 5 worlds with 10 levels each makes "high score" sadly not something to play for either. The final (maybe even more if you beat baron, not sure), item you get is a fun mechanic though,

00_Zer0

I bought a physical copy on Switch and will double dip on Steam. Hopefully Taito wakes up and releases more games on Steam. I am a sucker for a lot of their arcade style games.

ShinobiWan1

Love Bubble Bobble! And Puzzle Bobble for that matter! I think I like the NES version the best, something about the way the music sounds gets me. I'll have to check this one out!

ShinobiWan1

This game fucking sucked. Avoid.

It has the original game in there but the new version sucks.
Oh no! Well, after replying to this thread, I went to my NES collection and realized that Bubble Bobble is missing! So I think I'll replace that one instead of the new game lol

mcjmetroid

Oh no! Well, after replying to this thread, I went to my NES collection and realized that Bubble Bobble is missing! So I think I'll replace that one instead of the new game lol

It just controls weird and looks weird.
I mean just look at it. Also by default bub and Bob now bounce on bubbles. You have to hold the button to get them to go through bubbles and there's only 30 stages in the new mode.

Yes it's 4 player but very low effort. This should have been killed harder in reviews in my opinion

Top Bottom