• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

British tourist family blazes trail of destruction across New Zealand

Shifty

This caught my eye after Cunth Cunth posted news of a New Zealand mother honouring her recently-deceased sons with a huge burnout.

Over the past week, a British family of 12 has been wreaking small-scale havoc across New Zealand while visiting the country on holiday.

Accusations leveled at the family include:
  • Causing chaos on their inbound flight
  • Leaving a large amount of rubbish at a local beach
  • Harassment
  • Threatening behaviour
  • Petty larceny
  • Causing an 'incident' by attempting to use the drive-through of a local burger king without a vehicle
  • Refusing to pay for several large orders at various restaurants on grounds of there being ants and/or hair in the food

An English family touring New Zealand — about 12 people, including children — was so unruly that social media posts documenting their bad behavior were picked up by national news outlets, which sent out alerts about the family’s location and latest reported antics, including refusing to pick up garbage left on the beach and throwing food on the floor at a cafe.
"The young boy in the video came up to our group and emptied his bag of chips on our blanket, before laughing and ran away"
A Tourist Family’s Bad Behavior Has New Zealand Rethinking Its Welcome Mat - New York Times

"One of the kids took the small Christmas tree - we had two, one big, one small - and the kids just picked up the small one and walked out," he said.
"They came around 9.30 and we only had one staff and he was dealing with the queue of customers. We didn't realise the tree was gone until the next morning."
'I'll knock your brains out': Unruly tourists dump rubbish at Takapuna Beach, threaten locals - NZ Herald

Six police officers and two uniformed immigration officers were called to the Burger King on the corner of Te Rapa Rd and Wairere Drive shortly before 3pm on Tuesday after an incident "involving staff".
Unruly tourists: Christmas tree nicked from Auckland petrol station - NZ Herald

It appears that the New Zealand authorities have issued the family a deportation notice, but they are remaining in the country while the decision is appealed:
Although the family members had been issued deportation notices by New Zealand immigration officials after an incident at a Burger King in the city of Hamilton, some remained in the country as of Tuesday. (New Zealand permits visitors to appeal deportation notices, and they cannot be deported until their appeals are complete.) One of the family members, Tina Maria Cash, was convicted of theft in the Hamilton District Court and ordered to pay 55 New Zealand dollars for stealing from a gas station.
'Rude' travelling family face deportation after police called to incident at Hamilton Burger King - Stuff.co.nz

iu

The British Chav. Cousin to the Australian Bogan, this creature is not oft-seen outside its native council estate habitat.
While less inclined toward huge burnouts than its Oceanian cousin, it is similarly known for its belligerent behaviour and fondness for cheap lager.

Thoughts, GAF? Reminds me of the UK version of 'Shameless'.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Thats a possibility. They could just be degenerates. Steer clear and if they're fighting each other, don't interfere.

Edit: yeah Irish traveller family, let authorities deal with it.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I stand by my competition comment in the other thread.

They are reaching brown water levels at this point.

Shifty

From the thread title I thought we would be dealing with rabid Lord of the Rings fans
Well, about that...

Members of the clan, estimated to number between 12 and 15, are believed to have arrived in the country's North Island to 'see the Hobbits and mountains' weeks ago.
8785184-6613681-image-m-10_1548062209002.jpg

And it looks like they may actually be the UK's equivalent of trailer trash. An even rarer subspecies!

Barbara Doran (pictured) is matriarch of the family of British gypsies accused of running amok in New Zealand while on holiday from the caravan park where they live in the East Midlands
8788306-0-image-a-7_1548067101464.jpg

Unruly British tourists in New Zealand revealed as 'gypsy' controversy escalates - Daily Mail Online

Last edited:

Shifty

You must have a wonderful country if this is what causes an uproar. I meant that as a genuine compliment.
I think of it as a matter of scale. The UK is small and relatively mediocre, which seems to have given our international incidents a predilection for the quaint.

Plus, the countryside here doesn't have giant EDF insects like our Aussie brethren. It's tough to compete.

Last edited:
I think that lot got mentioned somewhere in the litany of articles going around at the moment. Not the same people, but their gimmick is the same.

Were you successful?

And more importantly, did you cause a scene? :messenger_tongue:

Well, it was 2 am and me my wife and friend were pretty drunk. We ubered to mcdonalds and walked in. But they wouldnt serve us because they said they close from 2-3. But tge drivethrough was still being served so we left and waited in line on foot. Then we got to the window and they wouldnt take our order.... so we got the car behind us to order for us, but when that car got to the window they said they were closed :(!

Such bs.

So to answer your questions... no, and maybe?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
You must have a wonderful country if this is what causes an uproar. I meant that as a genuine compliment.
Our prime minister had a baby a while back. That was a wild two weeks.

Saw a couple of grumbles from older family menners on Facebook, but theyre getting deported so im not really sure why anyone is freaking out about ‘assholes show up, forced to go home’.

Nice work cops, thats what the taxes are for,

farmerboy

Christ, those idiots won't know what hit em if they come across a few Maoris that want to have a go.

Stay safe foolish tourists.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
While not politically correct to say so, traveller families pretty much leave chaos in their wake wherever they roam in the UK, so seeing them do the same abroad is sadly no surprise.

While not politically correct to say so, traveller families pretty much leave chaos in their wake wherever they roam in the UK, so seeing them do the same abroad is sadly no surprise.

They're basically a law unto themselves. I've had to carry out asbestos surveys in the facilities built for them by the government in various locations around Northern Ireland and I always had to be accompanied by "security" figures. Small but functional properties consisting of kitchens, bathrooms, washrooms etc and the way they treat them is disgraceful. One site in particular consisted of about 6 of these small buildings which they promptly turned into stables and large toilets. Human shit stained kitchen roll stuck to the walls, horse shit and hay in every room, windows smashed etc, just completely destroyed. Paid for by working tax payers and destroyed by these gypsies. They don't care, they just up and move to the next spot and do it again. It's important to note that these people aren't short of money. They drive top of the line cars, have wads of cash, expensive horses and so on.

My friend's parents owned some fields in a little country village and woke up one day to see families of gypos had just set up shop on their land. Police wouldn't move them on and they demanded money from the owners if they wanted them to leave. Over here, paramilitaries are about the only thing that will make them leave land they don't own.

In the town I live in, there has been a recent influx of gypsies and out of about 10 different pubs, they are barred from all but one due to their behaviour.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
They're basically a law unto themselves. I've had to carry out asbestos surveys in the facilities built for them by the government in various locations around Northern Ireland and I always had to be accompanied by "security" figures. Small but functional properties consisting of kitchens, bathrooms, washrooms etc and the way they treat them is disgraceful. One site in particular consisted of about 6 of these small buildings which they promptly turned into stables and large toilets. Human shit stained kitchen roll stuck to the walls, horse shit and hay in every room, windows smashed etc, just completely destroyed. Paid for by working tax payers and destroyed by these gypsies. They don't care, they just up and move to the next spot and do it again. It's important to note that these people aren't short of money. They drive top of the line cars, have wads of cash, expensive horses and so on.

My friend's parents owned some fields in a little country village and woke up one day to see families of gypos had just set up shop on their land. Police wouldn't move them on and they demanded money from the owners if they wanted them to leave. Over here, paramilitaries are about the only thing that will make them leave land they don't own.

In the town I live in, there has been a recent influx of gypsies and out of about 10 different pubs, they are barred from all but one due to their behaviour.

Yeah about that (the bolded bit) - one can be reasonably assured that it doesn't come from honest means.

Yeah about that (the bolded bit) - one can be reasonably assured that it doesn't come from honest means.
No doubt. House breaking, robbery, livestock theft, intimidation of elderly/vulnerable people in exchange for half finished/half assed "jobs," gambling on illegal inter-family bare knuckle fights and fuck knows what else. As you probably well know, no-one is glad to see gypsies move into their area.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
No doubt. House breaking, robbery, livestock theft, intimidation of elderly/vulnerable people in exchange for half finished/half assed "jobs," gambling on illegal inter-family bare knuckle fights and fuck knows what else. As you probably well know, no-one is glad to see gypsies move into their area.

Pretty much sums up the experiences of people I know who deal with them on a regular basis. No doubt there are some decent people among them but many aren't decent, in part due to segregating themselves from the rest of the worlds, kids not being sent to school, etc thus standard social 'indoctrination' (ie where society fixes issues the parents cause) not occurring.

Pretty much sums up the experiences of people I know who deal with them on a regular basis. No doubt there are some decent people among them but many aren't decent, in part due to segregating themselves from the rest of the worlds, kids not being sent to school, etc thus standard social 'indoctrination' (ie where society fixes issues the parents cause) not occurring.

I have spoken to a few who genuinely seemed like nice people but I've dealt with so many more that just act like cunts who think the world owes them, that it often overshadows my positive experiences. I sat in a KFC in Newry a couple of years ago and watched a family laugh and cheer their (approx 11 or 12 year old) son as he finished his meal the went to the counter and berated the poor girl who served him into giving him his money back because "his burger was cold." Didn't stop the little shitstain from eating the whole thing first, mind. She started crying and had to have her manager deal with it while his parents laughed and whooped from their table.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

It's the thing I care least about being PC about, I fucking hate pikeys.

NINTCHDBPICT000447096712.jpg

Seriously though, I've had nothing but trouble with the "travelling community" since I was a lad. My left eye doesn't quite open all the way because some gypo kid once threw a snowball with a rock in it at my face. I've seen animals abused, property damaged, people hospitalised etc. by gangs of them in several towns. I'm sure there's some nice ones out there but I couldn't give a shit if I offend some white Irish guys.

Next year they'll probably head to Japan and cause an international incident.

Nah, the Japanese would just put up with them and then tell stories about the awful gaijin when they leave.

Singapore would be more interesting. The whole family would get to attend a caning.

Their own.

Greedings

OHHH they're Irish gypos. How did they get enough money to buy plane tickets? Petty thievery and littering isn't exactly the most well paid crime.

I've met a couple of gypsy families that were alright, but there's too many that ruin it. Most end up barred from literally every job I've been in because of the shit they cause. You can also spot them a mile off, they always have a very distinct look and fashion. Namely, bronzed to fuck, clothes that are 2 sizes too small, flab hanging out of every gap of clothing, a dirty/scabby face, a wallet loaded full of £20 and £50 notes.

One night I'll never forget was when I was watching a gypsy family, about a dozen of them, standing just feet away from me starting a fight in the club. As I turned to look at the carnage unfolding, I saw one of the big fuckers with large signet rings on each finger, throwing the hardest punch he could, square in the face to some poor woman who was trying to escape, and she couldn't have been more than 5"4 and 110lb. The force from the hit was so hard that she was smashed through the locked doors behind her.

Top Bottom