• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Breaking" - new John Boyega true story movie trailer rel. Aug 26

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
So... New movie coming out starring John Boyega ... Fin from Star Wars sequel trilogy and Attack the Block. It's also one of the last films Michael K. Williams starred in.

It's based on a true story of a bank robbery that happened here in Georgia...

I think it looks good and I may see it in theaters...

GeekyDad

Looks moving.

True stories like that rarely are moving here in Georgia, you know that. They're brutal and callous.

Looks moving.

True stories like that rarely are moving here in Georgia, you know that. They're brutal and callous.
i-do-declare-michael-scott.gif

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Would watch for MKW. That man is magnetic.

NahaNago

This like like a really good movie, thanks for putting it on my radar DeafTourette DeafTourette .

Also, Nicole Beharie is super hot, good to see she is getting more roles. Hope she gets more.
I've only ever found her to be okay looking. Reminds me that I need to finish that Sleep Hollow show.

This movie is going to be a miss for me. I'm not really into true stories or drama movies.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I just googled and can't find anything about him saying that. I DID find that he said he only dates black women, though.
In his little BLM rant he talked about “ our “ women .. he repeats it .. go back and watch it. It’s obvious what he is talking about.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
In his little BLM rant he talked about “ our “ women .. he repeats it .. go back and watch it. It’s obvious what he is talking about.

Umm... When he says "our women"...

Just look at his own words in context:

"This message is specifically for black men. Black men [crosstalk 00:02:38]. Black men, black men, we need to take care of our black women. We need to care of them. They are us. They are us. They are our future. We cannot demonize our own. We are the pillars of the family. Imagine this, a nation that is set up with individual families that are thriving, that are healthy, that communicate, that raise their children in love. Have a better rate of becoming better human beings. And that’s what we need to create. Black men, it starts with you."

It doesn't say what you think it says.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Dam, rip omar ⁠ ⁠・ั⁠﹏⁠・ั⁠)

movie gives me john Q vibes, that movie made me realize how fucked up the health care system is in the US

Horrible how they treat vets, but reading about the guy it sounds like he was schizophrenic and all this was caused by a paperwork issue? Regardless, that sniper should be in jail for murder, straight up... Guy sounds like he was a good dude

Wunray

Just finished watching it, Johnny boy can act. One of the best movies I've seen this year. Is health-care for those in the military that bad? Said at the end of the movie the family didn't get his money....which I guess kinda makes sense but was there any kind of policy change to better take care of people like him?

Last edited:
Top Bottom