• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brazilian Singer Hospitalized After Refusing to Fart in Front of Boyfriend

Bullet Club

Brazilian Singer Hospitalized After Refusing to Fart in Front of Boyfriend​

LV5aaP8.jpg

A Brazilian singer says she’s no longer ashamed to let it rip, after she was hospitalized with a case of “trapped farts.”

Viviane de Queiroz Pereira—better known by her stage name Pocah—made the admission in a recent Instagram story after she was treated for intestinal gas buildup. The 27-year-old told her 15.7 million followers she was too embarrassed to pass gas in front of her partner, so she held in her farts for extended periods. According to Metro, Pocah claimed she had watched TikTok videos that told her to ignore any discomfort caused by the gas; however, the pain became so severe she decided to seek medical attention.

“I’m now fine. Just an accumulation of trapped farts,” she reportedly said in a post, which was followed by videos of her in a medical facility. “Girls, don’t be ashamed to fart in front of your guy. Because what’s really embarrassing is not letting your guy sleep because you’re in discomfort, going to hospital with your guy, and the diagnosis being ‘trapped farts.’ From now on, I’m letting them rip, guys. I’m medicated and I’m fine.”

Back in January, 90 Day Fiancé star Stephanie Matto landed in the hospital for a flatulence-related issue. The 31-year-old self-described “fartrepreneur” claimed she had made six figures selling her farts in a jar, and decided to change her diet to keep up with demand.

Matto told Rolling Stone she upped her intake of protein in the week before Christmas 2021 and quickly realized she “overdid it.”

“I was feeling kind of weird all throughout the day, but it got really bad when I lay down in bed that night,” she recalled. “I had this squeezing tightness feeling around my heart. And it was so uncomfortable and it was getting worse. I would breathe in and I wouldn’t be able to breathe in all the way because it would feel like a tightening around my heart.”

Shortly after, Matto went to the emergency room and laid out all her symptoms. She said doctors were initially puzzled, as all of her tests came back “perfect.” After questioning her about any new medications or diet changes, the physicians determined it was nothing more than “really bad gas pain.”

She was prescribed a gas suppressant and urged to avoid the foods she’d been consuming.

Source: Complex

BigBooper

Totally believable. She's too timid to fart in front of her boyfriend but has no problem going to the hospital for fartitis and broadcasting to the whole world that she farts now.

Is this what publicists advise fame chasers to do now? Make up a sob story about their farts?

Menstrual Cramps GIF by ALLBLK

ClosBSAS

Man I let them rip all the time. Some are silent some are buttrippers, either way, my gf gets he honor to breath them all in.

My science teacher once told me fart particles go into ur nose hairs so when u eat ur boogers you are eating shit particle
mmm...boogers

GymWolf

Man I let them rip all the time. Some are silent some are buttrippers, either way, my gf gets he honor to breath them all in.

My science teacher once told me fart particles go into ur nose hairs so when u eat ur boogers you are eating shit particle
mmm...boogers
You eat shit particles every time you brush your teeth, unless you have your toothbrush in another room.

Flushing the toilette is enough to disperse shit particles in the whole bathroom.

That's why "eat shit" is not technically an insult, we all eat shit everyday.

Last edited:
For some reason I read the headline and my mind went somewhere completely different with it.

Like the guy had a fart fetish and beat her because she wouldn’t fart for him. Maybe I’ve been on /v/ too much, butt regardless I’m glad that wasn’t the case.

GymWolf

Not me, I brush my teeth and shower in the En suite, I shit in the main bathroom. It's just a more comfortable place to take a shit.
What if your wife has secretely defecated in the en suite for the last 20 years tho?!

Lunarorbit

This is hilarious. I have no problem letting it rip butt I had trapped gas once and it was horrible.

When Demarcus ware and Wes Welker were advertising adult depends is when it happened. Went to the clinic and everything.

Dr Bass

mmm...boogers
What do you mean when?

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
< Looks completely unnatural/too much surgery
< Vapid
< Hits the news with a dumb story
< 15.3 million followers

World's more fucked than most people would like to admit if this is what represents popularity.

Top Bottom