• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default II Previews are Coming in

Zoro7

Banned
Tried the demo for this. About 40 mins I played and that was mostly just the characters talking. Found it incredibly boring.

sublimit

Banned
Have yet to play the 3DS ones so I'm not in a hurry, but I'm glad to read some positive things.

But yeah, count me in with those that desise the artstyle for the character models.
I'm in the same boat. I own both of them but i still haven't played them so i don't think i'll touch this one before i play the previous ones.

MagnesG

Banned
The battles having unnecessary shields for every single enemy has nothing to do with "git gud" and everything to do with making the battles drawn out. I'd understand if it were for bosses, but having to go through multiple shields for every enemy and then damaging actually inflicting damage on them just draws the battles out for far longer than necessary.
You're supposed to exploit their weakness, break off their shields to deal massive damage possibly in just 1-2 rounds.

Exentryk

I'm in the same boat. I own both of them but i still haven't played them so i don't think i'll touch this one before i play the previous ones.
This game isn't related to the previous BD games. It's similar to how new mainline Final Fantasies are different from each other, so you can start anywhere.

The first two games are really good though, so definitely try them when you can.

Top Bottom