• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default 2 |OT| Brave New Worlds

Exentryk

What the hell? Is this at all a common occurrence?
It can happen anytime the enemies outspeed you. So you have to be careful and use certain abilities that let you act first or have enough defence to survive. So while it can happen, there are ways to manage it even in this system.

Labadal

I just took out the ranger and red mage bosses. My party is far from optimal, but that's why I like job systems. You have many different options to try, and non-optimal parties won't always get wrecked.

I haven't really grinded jobs, but I think I will for an hour. I want to max freelancer on all four characters.

Shifty1897

I just got the Beastmaster asterisk and maxed out Freelancer on three of my characters. Now I must decide if I'm going to progress the story or grind up some of these classes...

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I think I finished the first ending, I don't think Adelle's sister is the true final boss since she was far too easy for that, I will get its true ending as soon as I beat that motherf**cker Magnamalo in MHRise demo.

Last edited:

Sejan

Getting ready for the true ending. I’ve been trying to unlock all the lvl15 job abilities, but I’m having trouble with the last fight berserker, picotomancer, arcanist fight. I just can’t do enough damage fast enough and all three of them can easily burn down my whole party Any advice on how to beat this?

I’m using a swordmaster/freelancer aoe damage, thief/freelancer -aoe damage, white mage/red mage - healing, freelancer/black mage - magic damage. I can usually take out any of the rest of the portal fights before my whole team gets a second turn, but this one is just melting my whole team

Danjin44

Getting ready for the true ending. I’ve been trying to unlock all the lvl15 job abilities, but I’m having trouble with the last fight berserker, picotomancer, arcanist fight. I just can’t do enough damage fast enough and all three of them can easily burn down my whole party Any advice on how to beat this?

I’m using a swordmaster/freelancer aoe damage, thief/freelancer -aoe damage, white mage/red mage - healing, freelancer/black mage - magic damage. I can usually take out any of the rest of the portal fights before my whole team gets a second turn, but this one is just melting my whole team
I haven't try to tackled those yet but maybe turn one of you party to tank to take some of the damage from other party members, So far that how I survived most battles. My Tank can survive most attacks and if my other party members dies as long as my Tank survives, I can bring other party members back.

Last edited:

Sejan

I haven't try to tackled those yet but maybe turn one of you party to tank to take some of the damage from other party members, So far that how I survived most battles. My Tank can survive most attacks and if my other party members dies as long as my Tank survives, I can bring other party members back.
i actually haven’t tried putting in a tank yet. I may be able to get something from a tank/redmage. That fight may just be the toughest the game has to offer. I’m not sure what the final, true ending boss is going to be, but I’m certain it’ll have to be easier than this one—most likely much easier.

Danjin44

i actually haven’t tried putting in a tank yet. I may be able to get something from a tank/redmage. That fight may just be the toughest the game has to offer. I’m not sure what the final, true ending boss is going to be, but I’m certain it’ll have to be easier than this one—most likely much easier.
Currently what level are you? I heard you need to be at least level 90 to take on level 15 job abilities quests.

Nico_D

Finished chapter 3. The only boss that has caused any trouble was chapter 2 end boss. They are a challenge and sometimes I'm down to last party member but with some jobs it is incredibly easy to recover.

Love the game. Pretty good story moments.

Danjin44

I'm honey surprised how much I like the casts in BD2, I would even say I like them more than original BD....I especially like Adelle.

Last edited:

Sejan

Currently what level are you? I heard you need to be at least level 90 to take on level 15 job abilities quests.
Mid 70s. I was able to take on the simpler fights in the mid 60s, but I’ve beat all of them at least once except for this final one.

I died to that and decided to hold off i eventually beat the final boss without unlocking any level 15 jobs except Freelancer.

Sejan

I died to that and decided to hold off i eventually beat the final boss without unlocking any level 15 jobs except Freelancer.
The one I mentioned was by far the hardest of the bunch. If you want an easier fight to grind and set up with, I’d suggest starting with the number 2 portal. ts the portal in the starting area outside Halyconia. It’s significantly easier and you unlock 4 lvl 15 jobs white mage, red mage, vanguard, and ranger. You’ll get 0-2 jumbo JP orbs, a good chance of an ultimate weapon for one of the jobs, a a fair bit of experience and JP with each run.

Burn down the archer as fast as possible followed as quickly as possible with the white mage. She can resurrect the archer if you aren’t fast enough. Finish with the red mage followed by the vanguard.

I found it best to build 2 thieves with Godspeed strike if you can get freelancer to 15 you can save a ton of mp with mimic. I used a mastered phantom with a salvemaker sub job to keep most of the enemies paralyzed for most of the fight. Having phantom mastered as a primary class guarantees that your para hits anything that’s not immune. My healer was a mastered white mage/red mage combo. I used the brave bearer’s subjob specialty 2 passive to get two spells out of each cast. Once you get the archer and white mage down, you are pretty much good to go.

Once you master a few more jobs and fine tune your passives, the others get a lot easier. Mastering jobs becomes really quick as you only need 2 jumbo JP orbs (with all the JP bonuses) to get a job from 1 to 15.

Last edited:

Death ward accessory on everyone. As both mages can spam it. Melt the Arcanist with your favorite DPS method, and have a bard stack the physical defense song, because the zerker cuts through default. But yeah, if the Arcanist got any spell off that wasn't Death, it was a wipe for me, so I knew he had to go down first.

Nico_D

Got to the first ending yesterday, loved the game. So good.

That said, I tried to get the second ending but ran out of patience in the third phase of the fight. What I hate the most about are enemies who completely draw all the mana from the characters making them useless. So won't be probably doing that. Got 60+ hrs out of the game so not sorry about that.

Exentryk

Done with all the trials (one-turned them all). Only a few quests and the superboss left. Then I'll go finish off the last dungeon and story.

Andyliini

80 hours in, and I just arrived at Musa. Yes, I've been playing the game slowly, but i think I now have all the asterisks and am getting closer to the end of the game. It has been fun so far, altough it seems like I just can't stop spamming physical attacks all the time. I need to relearn myself, as the fight ain't getting any easier. Though the only boss so far to really give me trouble was chapter 4 final boss. Man, he hit me hard.

Andyliini

Aaand I beat it. Took me about 110 hours to do it, guess I was just slow. I grinded all the asterisks to level 12, but decided not to do any of the trials, as they seemed very unfair, and require much devotion and planning to actually do.

Anyway, I loved the game, definitely the best of the Bravely-series so far. I even enjoyed the story, altough it could have been a little shorter. I did not have that many problems with most of the bosses either, only Adam really gave me trouble. I hope this game sells well, I would gladly take another one of these down the road.

But now, I'm done with long RPG's for a while. Time to find something lighter to play next.

Xeaker

Just started this game and the battle music is disgusting. It is so annoying I thinking of muting the music. I saw there is a second battle theme, how many hours until I get that one?
I hope its better.

EDIT: This is one of the worst JRPG I ever played, First Tales of Arise and now this trash. What is wrong with modern JRPG?!

Last edited:
Top Bottom