• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BotW: you can now get the Master Sword immediately after leaving the Great Plateau

Kuranghi

heheh, awesome! We'll just 90 more years to figure out everything in this game. I still remember discovering octo-balloons for the first time and all the silly things you could do with them.

I played early on Wii U and thought I discovered the octo-balloon boat flying thing but I was just searching the wrong places and it had been found a day or two before. "Oh my sweet summer Kuranghi", etc.

Last edited:

e&e

Banned
heheh, awesome! We'll just 90 more years to figure out everything in this game. I still remember discovering octo-balloons for the first time and all the silly things you could do with them.

I played early on Wii U and thought I discovered the octo-balloon boat flying thing but I was just searching the wrong places and it had been found a day or two before. "Oh my sweet summer Kuranghi", etc.
Octo what now?

Kuranghi

Octo what now?

The enemies called Octoroks drop "octo-balloons" when you kill them and you can put 1-5 of them in your hands and then dump them on almost any movable object/item in the game and it will attach, inflate and start making the object ascend into the air. You can use this for many things in the game like remove a dropped enemy weapon from the the fight if your inventory is full so the enemy can't pick it up again.

You can suspend items with balloons and then use a korok leaf to move them where you want, like on an explosive barrel and then waft it over to some sleeping blins and blow the shit out of them without waking them. I used to waft suspended meat slightly off cliffs and then lure bokoblins to see it and they try to grab it and eat it and fall off the edge to their death.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I love this game. The depth of the open world distracted me from so many quests, but it always managed to entertain me. Some day I will finish it.

Velius

Banned
Are you guys praising the game for a glitch?
41rtwpO9McL.jpg

OsirisBlack

Banned
It was #1 for me for a long time but I’ve settled at #2 now, behind Super Metroid. I think I’m at 400 hours or so, found all shrines but not all korok seeds. Currently going through it in master mode, it’s quite a challenge!
Hmm Super Metroid is also my #1 game of all time. I'm going to try this trick out later.

LOLCats

Banned
nice got it.

took a few tries, trick was slight camera move while spamming A.

now maybe i can finally enjoy this game.

god the frame rate is atrocious though.

Last edited:

Majukun

How do people figure this stuff out?
sometime it's chance, sometimes they research how the game code works and try various solutions that make sense.
like that guy that figured how to play as master hand in melee in very little time after the challenge was made just by checking the code

Majukun

Will this break the game? I just started for the first time yesterday.
for what i read you don't get immediately some of the benefits from getting the master sword, but they can be recovered afterwards after yoou have the necessary conditions to get the master sword legit..with this method you just get the item

AMSCD

sometime it's chance, sometimes they research how the game code works and try various solutions that make sense.
like that guy that figured how to play as master hand in melee in very little time after the challenge was made just by checking the code
People have access to the source code?

Majukun

People have access to the source code?
depends on the game, but in general they just deduce how it works (like how it renders objects for example) and look for ways to exploit it .

in the case of the master hands glitch for example, the guy noted that master hand was among the characters with an ID and actually had the first of the list.
from there he assumed that if he found a way to access a game without selecting a player, the game would default to the first character of the id list, master hand.
from there he just tried a couple methods that could allow him to bypass the "barrier" that the game puts, forcing you to choose at least a character before moving to the stage select screen.
and as he thought, once you manage to access a game without selecting a player, the game defaults your character to master hand.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

While it is generally explained how to get the Yiga to the Master Sword, how hard is it to actually do yourself?

This trick was recently found taking the internet by storm, again pushing the possibilities of things you can do in Breath of the Wild. In the video above, we go in-depth with the whole process including when it was found, how to pull the Yiga clan out of the hideout, and extra glitches that make this process much smoother.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The goal for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild was to break the conventions of the Zelda series, and so the opening section on The Great Plateau - a raised landmass representing a microcosm of Hyrule - was cleverly designed to showcase just how different this game is from what has come before.

On The Great Plateau players learn to fight, forage, cook, use their new Sheikah powers and think laterally, discovering that Breath of the Wild is defined by its emergent gameplay. The Great Plateau cleverly sets players up for success in the game's sprawling open world, and in this Art of the Level, we explore how Nintendo's designers achieved this impressive feat.

Top Bottom