• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands Movie Could End With A Tease For Handsome Jack, Randy Pitchford Says

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The head of Borderlands studio Gearbox has affirmed that the upcoming film based on the series could contain a sequence at the end that points to a sequel. Someone on Twitter said they are guessing the film will end with a Handsome Jack-related tease that sets up a sequel.

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
Handsome Jack is the best character Borderlands has ever created so why the hell isn't the first movie centered around him to begin with?

Last edited:

Jack Uzi

Banned
This is one of those situations where the voice actor could play the character. He near enough looks like him unmasked or not.

anthony2690

Banned
Cool, don't need to watch the film now I know the end.

I probably wouldn't of watched it anyway, unless it pops up on sky movies or Netflix in the future

Last edited:

Kadve

So its based on the first games story? Or are we getting an original story set around the same time?

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
You want them to ruin him?
It's not going to be shocking if this movie tanks which probably means it will be a one and done unless it's a surprise hit. Being that it's a one and done I would want them to use all the best bits from all of the games (including Handsome Jack). Blowing their load (so to speak) on the first (and probably only) movie would give it the best chance to succeed and give us the movie we deserve. If they use the best of everything in the first movie and somehow make a decent movie leaving nothing for the sequel that's OK as well because atleast we got 1 good film from it. Hopefully they don't save him for the sequel that may never happen.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

But as a longtime player of video games, I also wanted to ask him about the Borderlands movie. Ramirez told me that he's not much of a video game player himself and wasn't that familiar with Borderlands prior to the film. But he found that the games had a particular tone that he fell in love with, and he thinks fans will be happy to see that same combination of humor and darkness represented in the film. According to Ramírez:
In the end, games, movies, it’s all about storytelling. And the most iconic games, such as Borderlands, is the storytelling and the tone of the games what have made them so special. So now I know the game. I didn’t know it before. And the tone is spectacular. I mean it’s so dark and so witty and so whimsical as well. It’s so in on the joke and kind of like impudent. There’s a 'I don’t give a damn' attitude to the game, and that’s what we rescued and put into the movie so I’m very excited for the fans of the game to see it and see how respectful we were to the tone of the game.

Top Bottom