• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 4 Teased by Gearbox Boss Randy Pitchford

CamHostage

I just personally would like to see more original IPs. Some of the best companies out there are taking that chance (like GG did with Horizon) and that separates a company from good to best... It's just refreshing to see new stories, new gameplay mechanics, etc.. with new IPs.

I just think id is lucky enough to still exist once Carmack left (also Tim Willits departed as Chief Creative Officer in 2019), and they're happy to be swimming safely in the bowl for a while (especially since they've now been double-bought with the Microsoft purchase of Bethesda.) I'm with you, I would love to see id launch another pillar some day. The legacy is grand, and the tech has always been sweet. But id isn't the id it used to be, and they've got work to do in keeping their helmeted hero up on the company banner now that they're owned by another company with an even more famous helmeted hero...

(But also, fuck, sorry, forgot the topic, back to Borderlands...)

I wonder if Gearbox is ready to explore brand diversification again either? After a lot of ill will was aimed their way for significant failures? Borderlands 3 did do fine (although not Borderlands 2 blockbuster numbers, and outside of a very dedicated fanbase there seems to be a general negative attitude towards the third game,) and they have development partners in that kind of upper-tier-indie market, so their route may be set for a while unless somebody hires them for a new job before the next Borderlands starts up.

Last edited:

T-Cake

I think both Remnant from the Ashes and Outsiders nailed the concept. I have always said a shooter/ loot genre is one of the hardest to pull off and both succeeded. im more excited for their future than another BLs.

Thanks, I'll check them out. Both are on Game Pass!

BL2 is my favourite game ever. I've sunk countless hours into it, numerous play throughs, multiple characters etc. I absolutely love the game to death. BL3 is a massive step up gameplay wise, but yeah the characters and story is shit, but it's still great fun. Bring it on I say.

Top Bottom