• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 3 E3 2019 trailer, free Borderlands 2 DLC announced

Mista

Banned

Publisher 2K Games and developer Gearbox Software debuted a new trailer for Borderlands 3 during the Microsoft E3 2019 press conference.

Additionally, the company announced a new downloadable content for Borderlands 2 (in Borderlands: The Handsome Collection) that sets the stage for Borderlands 3.

Borderlands 3 is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on September 13.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Downloading the BL2 DLC now...
I just wish these Epic Store shenanigans weren't going on since that puts the Steam release date so close to Cyberpunk but I'm still really looking forward to this and the trailer was great. I'm not sure if I'll play with Moze or Zane.

Last edited:

SonGoku

Borderlands sjw edition? pass
Am i the only one off put by their post apocalyptic world atmosphere? It looks like vomit.

Last edited:
Additionally, the company announced a new downloadable content for Borderlands 2 (in Borderlands: The Handsome Collection) that sets the stage for Borderlands 3.

The Borderlands 2 DLC is only free for one month, and after that it will be $14.99. With that in mind, it should hopefully be somewhat close in length to the main four DLC episodes. If that's the case, that'll be pretty cool.

Alright. Downloaded the DLC but I can't access from the main menu. PS4 Handsome Collection. Have not played any chars on this version. What should I do?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just played through the new DLC and it's awesome, can't believe they gave it out for free. I also got some cool new gear including 3 or 4 rainbow rarity weapons.

Last edited:

desertdroog

Just played through the new DLC and it's awesome, can't believe they gave it out for free. I also got some cool new gear including 3 or 4 rainbow rarity weapons.
How long is a full playthrough of the new DLC? I remember Tiny Tina's Bunker and Badasses being a nice fleshed out add on.

Arun1910

Borderlands sjw edition? pass
Am i the only one off put by their post apocalyptic world atmosphere? It looks like vomit.

tenor.gif

Doom85

He has to be joking. Seriously.

Only thing I can think of is in the Tiny Tina DLC there's a sidequest that mocked anybody who supported that whole "expose fake geek/nerd girls" bullshit a few years back. Hopefully that's not it, as anybody who thinks that because a nerd/geek is a woman she has to "prove herself" is asking for a strong smack upside their sexist head, and Borderlands 2 mocked it but it did so in a really funny way so it wasn't just being preachy or anything.

SonGoku

The reasons i think its infected with the sjw cancer are
Forced diversity pandering
A petite girl with tiny hands taking down a dude almost 3 times her size in two punches. Inertia how does it work?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
A petite girl with tiny hands taking down a dude almost 3 times her size in two punches. Inertia how does it work?
WHAT IN THE GODDAMN FUCK DID I JUST READ?

975.png

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

The siren? one of the crazy magical psionic eridium-enhanced warriors that have been making a point of kicking ass in melee since game the first? One of those?

Yeah, shit man. They can turn invisible and explode people with their minds but punching men? fucking leftists. Get out of here with that unrealistic shit.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The siren? one of the crazy magical psionic eridium-enhanced warriors that have been making a point of kicking ass in melee since game the first? One of those?

Yeah, shit man. They can turn invisible and explode people with their minds but punching men? fucking leftists. Get out of here with that unrealistic shit.
You know what man, he convinced me. Borderlands is and has always been nothing but pure SJW propaganda.
Let's consider the evidence:
1. The game has tough women and they kill bad guys, all men. What skin color are those bandits? You guessed it! WHITE. In the rare exception that we killed a women, she was white!
2. In the first two games, it has a black guy named Roland and a latino guy named Salvador. If that isn't diversity pandering I don't know what is.
3. The one white guy lead character they have is dumb grunt.
4. Helena Pierce and Patricia Tannis all have butch-like haircuts clearly pandering to the LBTQ SJWs.
5. They do an entire DLC about tribe culture and use a guy with an Australian accent to lead. Culture pandering right there.
6. And yes, they have a little young lady who can build bombs who coincidentally ONLY kills white-skinned bandits.
7. They have another DLC in which they openly mock white male testosterone culture.
8. Finally they make a FAT WOMAN A CHARACTER!!!!!!!!!

My apologies to SonGoku, clearly he was on to something. Borderlands is nothing but pure SJW bullshit.

sarcasm alert in case anybody wasn't sure. :p

Last edited:

SonGoku

WHAT IN THE GODDAMN FUCK DID I JUST READ?
That's ok doesn't change what I've said
You are getting triggered over me getting triggered of the trailer "wokeness". How does that make you any better?

Alright i stand corrected then, I admit i wasn't aware of that. Never really got into borderlands because the worlds aesthetic off puts me

Maybe im reading the game wrong but the trailer was appears to constructed to appeal to the woke/diversity crowd. Thats the first impression i get without knowing the games lore.

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
That's ok doesn't change what I've said
You are getting triggered over me getting triggered of the trailer "wokeness". How does that make you any better?

Alright i stand corrected then, I admit i wasn't aware of that. Never really got into borderlands because the worlds aesthetic off puts me

Maybe im reading the game wrong but the trailer was appears to constructed to appeal to the woke/diversity crowd. Thats the first impression i get without knowing the games lore.

I think you are being oversensitive and projecting.

SonGoku

I think you are being oversensitive and projecting.
That maybe the case, but give me your opinion on this to confirm if im just seeing the boogey man.
Now I know it was a sarcastic post. But assuming this info is correct:
1. The game has tough women and they kill bad guys, all men. What skin color are those bandits? You guessed it! WHITE. In the rare exception that we killed a women, she was white!
2. In the first two games, it has a black guy named Roland and a latino guy named Salvador. If that isn't diversity pandering I don't know what is.
3. The one white guy lead character they have is dumb grunt.
4. Helena Pierce and Patricia Tannis all have butch-like haircuts clearly pandering to the LBTQ SJWs.
6. And yes, they have a little young lady who can build bombs who coincidentally ONLY kills white-skinned bandits.
7. They have another DLC in which they openly mock white male testosterone culture.
8. Finally they make a FAT WOMAN A CHARACTER!!!!!!!!!

Can you tell me with a straight face all these elements are coincidental and have nothing to do with making the game woke and appealing to people who like that sort of thing?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
That maybe the case, but give me your opinion on this to confirm if im just seeing the boogey man.
Now I know it was a sarcastic post. But assuming this info is correct:

Can you tell me with a straight face all these elements are coincidental and have nothing to do with making the game woke and appealing to people who like that sort of thing?
Yes I fucking can tell you that because I have played the games MANY MANY times. That list was a highly sarcastic extremely ridiculous cherry picked list of things that the most anti-woke of the anti-woke might find and even then most wouldn’t take it seriously.

Nobody with a functioning brain should come away believing that Borderlands has a history of appealing to a “woke” crowd.

Just like I tell the woke crowd that if they look very hard they can find something that offends them in anything. If you go looking for “woke” things in a game you will probably find something in any game that will convince you that it’s trying to appeal to a woke audience.

I don’t go looking for those things. If they hit me smack dab in the face then yeah I might take issue. Battlefield V was an example of that.
But if you reach that point where you can’t see anything but wokedness then you’ve reached that point where you’re no better than the guy who tries find racism/sexism in everything.

Last edited:

SonGoku

Nobody with a functioning brain should come away believing that Borderlands has a history of appealing to a “woke” crowd.
But those things you listed are true by your own admission and are spread across multiple titles. Stuff like that dont seem coincidental.
Are you saying those things dont appeal to the woke crowd? I don't know Rick.
I don’t go looking for those things. If they hit me smack dab in the face then yeah I might take issue. Battlefield V was an example of that.
Fair enough, and again i was judging the game as an outsider based on the trailer they chose to showcase.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
But those things you listed are true by your own admission and are spread across multiple titles. Stuff like that dont seem coincidental.
Are you saying those things dont appeal to the woke crowd? I don't know Rick.
It's unlikely that they would appeal to a woke crowd the way they are presented in the game. Again, that list was a list that was an intentional horrible misrepresentation.

I'll say it again, nobody with a functioning brain should come away thinking Borderlands 1, 2 and The Pre-sequel are "woke." If anything those games have probably more appeal to the anti-woke crowd. I'm being serious.

Having said that, just because something might appeal to a woke crowd doesn't automatically make it "woke"?

For example, the movie Aliens and Ellen Ripley. Just because it has a badass female, that might appeal to the woke crowd, does that make it a "woke" film? I think not.....

Since Borderlands 2 is now free on PS plus and/or on Gamepass, you really need to check it out for yourself. Once you do I am inclined to believe you will have enough of an open mind to not believe it's anywhere remotely close a woke game.
If you somehow do find it to be woke, then brother it's time to check into a therapist, because you're at that conspiracy tin-foil hat place and that's a sad place to be in.

Bottom line:
Borderlands (at least so far) ain't woke. I

Last edited:

SonGoku

I'll say it again, nobody with a functioning brain should come away thinking Borderlands 1, 2 and The Pre-sequel are "woke." If anything those games have probably more appeal to the anti-woke crowd. I'm being serious.
All right point taken
Having said that, just because something might appeal to a woke crowd doesn't that automatically make it "woke"?
The problem i have with appealing to the woke its the pandering that's annoys me the most and how you can find woke Easter eggs throughout the game/movie not just one isolated element
For example, the movie Aliens and Ellen Ripley. Just because it has a badass female, that might appeal to the woke crowd, does that make it a "woke" film? I think not.....
I like that movie because it doesn't pander and Ripley is shown as a relatable human not some Mary sue, same with prometheus and Alien: Covenant.
I found the pandering in endgame annoying, i put it in spoiler because i don't want to derail the thread into a pandering discussion

Last edited:

link1201

Do you have to be a certain level to play through the new DLC. Looks like I deleted my save data and don't really want to replay the whole game just to play the DLC.

Fuz

Banned
Ok, this is blatant trolling.

But to be perfectly fair, in BLTPS there were a few apologetic moments (that embarassing moment with Torgue).

Celcius

°Temp. member
Do you have to be a certain level to play through the new DLC. Looks like I deleted my save data and don't really want to replay the whole game just to play the DLC.
You need to be level 30 but if you're not there I believe the game will let you auto-boost straight to lv 30 to play it

Top Bottom