• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Booze calculator: What's your drinking nationality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow

dsdsj7pps.jpg

Accoun

Not a drinker?

Nearly all of Kuwait's inhabitants also abstain - selling or drinking alcohol is illegal in the country. Kuwait is the lightest-drinking country in the world.

Yup.

Your drinking habits are unlike the average from any country.

But your closest match on overall consumption alone is Belarus, the heaviest-drinking country in the world.

Welp.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Your drinking habits are unlike the average from any country. But your closest match on overall consumption alone is Belarus, the heaviest-drinking country in the world.

Well then

But your closest match on overall consumption alone is Belarus, the heaviest-drinking country in the world.

Welp.

Join me in Boozaltania

ItIsOkBro

The average resident of Trinidad and Tobago drinks a total of about 6.7 litres of pure alcohol a year, making it the joint 86th heaviest-drinking country

Where did they get this data from? There's no way that's right.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I drink like a Sri Lankan apparently.

jelly

The news would have you think the UK has a major problem. They count the UK as a whole in this, wonder where Scotland would be.

BashNasty

Seems like it's really really easy to get Belarius on this quiz. I was up at a buddies cabin this past weekend where we had 3 nights of pretty heavy drinking. Since I've gotten back I've been to two Christmas parties and gone out to eat with friends once. All that put my total consumption for this past week at probably around 50 beers and 10 spirits. Obviously that's higher than a typical week, but in no way has this week been some constant bender. Yet looking at the guy who put 19 beers and getting the "your results don't match any country..." line seems crazy. 19 beers is not all that much to drink in one week, despite what all the staunch anti-drinkers on this forum are about to say.

Nikodemos

Namibians and Gabonese drink malt beer? I thought they drank corn, millet or sorghum beer.

And ouch at Moldova topping the spirits chart.

They have pints of beer, but does a pint of whiskey count as a single measure? I mean, I drank it over two days...is that two?

LPride

Banned
I got Naimibia, the 33rd most drinkinist country in the world, but then it tells me I drink less than someone from the US, but the US is below Naimibia at 40-something? What the hell?

Fun Fact: A year ago I was drinking 1 4loko and a six pack of beer a night. Heres what that tally looked like:

If you drank like this every week, in a year you would consume:

pints

You are on course to drink about 81.2 litres of pure alcohol over the year, which is 497% more than the average for men in the United States, and 1,558% more than the average for women.

Christ, Im glad I slowed down to 2 beers a night

Seems like it's really really easy to get Belarius on this quiz. I was up at a buddies cabin this past weekend where we had 3 nights of pretty heavy drinking. Since I've gotten back I've been to two Christmas parties and gone out to eat with friends once. All that put my total consumption for this past week at probably around 50 beers and 10 spirits. Obviously that's higher than a typical week, but in no way has this week been some constant bender. Yet looking at the guy who put 19 beers and getting the "your results don't match any country..." line seems crazy. 19 beers is not all that much to drink in one week, despite what all the staunch anti-drinkers on this forum are about to say.

First off, this is a UK site so a pint is 20oz, not 16, so youre probably overestimating, especially if youre talking about 12 oz bottles.

Second off, 19 beers IS a lot. I used to think that way too, youre probably in college. Youll slow down on your own, and if you dont, by the time youre 25 maybe you should double check yourself.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Crap, I got Belarus.

I just want to use this chance to apologize to any Gaffer that I PM'd while drunk and might feel offended. Never again.

BashNasty

First off, this is a UK site so a pint is 20oz, not 16, so youre probably overestimating, especially if youre talking about 12 oz bottles.

Second off, 19 beers IS a lot. I used to think that way too, youre probably in college. Youll slow down on your own, and if you dont, by the time youre 25 maybe you should double check yourself.

I'm 31, graduated from college nearly 10 years ago. I'm fit, I have a wonderful job and a nice social life, and 19 beers is probably slightly low balling it for my average week.

If you break it down, 19 beers is a little over 2.5 beers a night (and, yes, I am American, so I think of one beer as 12oz). I'm in the service industry where I work as a bartender and server. This puts me out with friends from work fairly frequently where I'll often have 2-4 beers before going home for the evening. I'm a huge fan of craft beer, so on nights that I don't go out I'll often have 2-3 beers after work, certainly not always, but often. Beyond that, I occasionally hang out with a group of friends outside of work on weekends I'm off, and we'll generally have 6 beers on a night we're together. I understand there are some people who simply don't drink or drink very, very little, but in the work and social culture I exist in this kind of drinking is far from excessive. I have friends and coworkers who drink far, far more, and they're fine.

I dunno, I just find it crazy that many people don't think you can drink commonly and still be "ok".

trinest

'The average resident of Australia drinks a total of about 12.2 litres of pure alcohol a year, making it the joint 18th heaviest-drinking country.'

Wait no.

Surely per capita we are the most right?

Right?

You mean there are countries more drunk then us?

Good god.

Not a drinker?

Nearly all of Kuwait's inhabitants also abstain - selling or drinking alcohol is illegal in the country. Kuwait is the lightest-drinking country in the world.

Welp.

jesu

'The average resident of Australia drinks a total of about 12.2 litres of pure alcohol a year, making it the joint 18th heaviest-drinking country.'

Wait no.

Surely per capita we are the most right?

Right?

You mean there are countries more drunk then us?

Good god.

Have you never visited your Scottish cousins?

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
I got Portugese, no real surprise there as I do enjoy a glass of wine now and then.

Suck it home nation of 40th place Canada!!

I dunno, I just find it crazy that many people don't think you can drink commonly and still be "ok".

Yeah GAF can be a bit touchy on this subject. I made a thread about how much wine I drink per week and a good amount of people said I was bordering on alcoholism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom