• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bond Producer: No Spin-offs of Characters Introduced in 'No Time to Die'

ManaByte

Gold Member

After the credits of No Time to Die it says (as all Bond movies do) "JAMES BOND WILL RETURN"

So without spin-offs, EON's next movie will be the next 007 Bond film.

Broccoli has said they want to give time to respect Craig's farewell and won't be meeting about his successor until the new year, meaning we'll probably find out who the next Bond is going to be in about 18 months (or maybe by this time next year) and then his first movie will probably be 2024 or 2025.

Javthusiast

Banned
That only makes his death even more pointless.

Sick and tired of this pathetic argument.

It is his last movie anyway. If he wants to be the first Bond to die in the story then let him. Stop crying about how woke it is that they dared to kill my beloved Bond. Blah Blah.

Last edited:
Sick and tired of this pathetic argument.

It is his last movie anyway. If he wants to be the first Bond to die in the story then let him. Stop crying about how woke it is that they dared to kill my beloved Bond. Blah Blah.

The hell are you talking about? This has nothing to do with wokeness, it's just bad storytelling. They've essentially made death meaningless and therefore robbed these movies of all tension.
Also there's no point in letting a character die, if things just continue like it never happened.

Last edited:

DKehoe

The hell are you talking about? This has nothing to do with wokeness, it's just bad storytelling. They've essentially made death meaningless and therefore robbed these movies of all tension.
Also there's no point in letting a character die, if things just continue like it never happened.
I don't think we were ever really meant to view every Bond film as part of a single continuity.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I don't think we were ever really meant to view every Bond film as part of a single continuity.

This. Actors who played characters like Q or M would continue across Bonds, but they've always allowed each Bond actor to cut out their own Bond. Dalton was completely different than Moore and although they had originally cast Brosnan before getting Dalton, they ended up happy because Dalton made his Bond something different from Moore (and they felt Brosnan would've been too similar right after Moore).

Doing a serial Bond story with a beginning and definitive end is just the modern version of the idea of allowing each Bond actor to put their own take on the character.

Javthusiast

Banned

Death is meaningless if it has zero consequences. Which every Bond movie has all the time.

Pagusas

Elden Member

Bond films are like Final Fantasy games, most have no connecting continuity, other than similar music/themes/some names/settings commonalities. A few bonds (like Craig’s run) end up like FF13, 13-2, 13-3, where there is a (horrible)overarching story, but it doesn’t mean FF14/15/16 or the next Bond will have anything at all to do with that continuity.

I think the issue is the new generation wants Bond to be an MCU type universe, when it’s not meant to be.

Last edited:

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
But i wanted a transexual spy coming at that Vin Diesel geeza and hes mob that actualy fucking drive cars off buildings and out of planes themad cunts.

dr_octagon

Banned
If this was Marvel they'd have three spin-off series and a spin-off of the spin-off in the works.
Moneypenny: Time for Change.
007: Spy Trek, The Next Generation.
Vespa: Treasurer of your heart.
Mallory: M is for Murder.
Quartermaster: Technology and Tea.
Tanner and the Multiverse of Administration.
Mathis and Bond: Drunk and Drunker.
Felix Liter and the Darkness of Spycraft.
Silva in Adventures of Coconut Island.
Kincade's Scotland: We couldn't hire Bernard Cribbins.

Top Bottom