• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bohemia Interactive will reveal the future of the Arma series next week

CamHostage

Should've been gamepass, GL to creating a community for a niche game on Xbox.

The BI brand is rough games that take forever to patch and full of jank.

I haven't been able to check the stream yet, but is it not?

Sounds like ARMA Reforger is a remake'ish of ARMA 1 built through an Early Access process, and seems like it'll have pre-release access on PC and Xbox. (The Steam description says, "Deploying on both Xbox and PC for the very first time in the Arma series, Arma Reforger's modded content is now available to all and can be downloaded by console owners from the Workshop, a content creation sharing repository, exclusive to the game." Curiously, they didn't mention PlayStation despite plans to be on PC and Xbox One/Series and PS 4/5, so that's why I'm assuming pre-launch on Xbox/PC, then PS when it's done. Or maybe Xbox/PC for modding and cross-play, and PS is just along for the ride?) (EDIT: I must have misread somewhere that there's a PlayStation version? Or is that in the leak? I don't see it mentioned anywhere now that the news is out, maybe I messed up...)

Can't remember if "Xbox Game Preview" (its version of Early Access) and Xbox Game Pass have much crossover? I guess maybe usually not, since the point of Early Access is often to get some money in to make the project, or to attach some users to it early so that it has strong numbers when it does go on sale. (Grounded was/is both Preview and GP, but it also was by MS.)

Nothing showing up on the Xbox store ATM but there is some crossover of Xbox Preview and GamePass for example Little Witch in the Woods is a Game Preview game that came out on GamePass today.

There are also many GamePreview games that are sold separate from GamePass too though.

EDIT: It's up now:

$30 for Preview, no Game Pass

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
I haven't been able to check the stream yet, but is it not?

Sounds like ARMA Reforger is a remake'ish of ARMA 1 built through an Early Access process, and it sounds like it'll have pre-release access on PC and Xbox. (The Steam description says, "Deploying on both Xbox and PC for the very first time in the Arma series, Arma Reforger's modded content is now available to all and can be downloaded by console owners from the Workshop, a content creation sharing repository, exclusive to the game." Curiously, they didn't mention PlayStation despite plans to be on PC and Xbox One/Series and PS 4/5.)

Can't remember if "Xbox Game Preview" (its version of Early Access) and Xbox Game Pass have much crossover. I guess maybe usually not, since the point of Early Access is often to get some money in to make the project, or to attach some users to it early so that it has strong numbers when it does go on sale.

Nothing showing up on the Xbox store ATM but there is some crossover of Xbox Preview and GamePass for example Little Witch in the Woods is a Game Preview game that came out on GamePass today.

There are also many GamePreview games that are sold separate from GamePass too though.

Last edited:

GladiusFrog

Man I didn't know this was dropping today... guess I'm in boys and gals.

Arma 3 is incredible, Joined a Mil-Sim group in 2018 and had the time of my life and learned actual squad tactics from real Vets from various nations.

Great studio incredible community. 🐸

TheMan

this dropping on console today too?
Edit: Yup out on xbox. I have a series s so I'm gonna wait on impressions/reviews before dropping fat stacks

Last edited:

Gp1

OperatorDrewski did a first impressions video

I'm definitely excited for this, specially the potential for Arma 4. I doubt the entire content of Enforcer content won't end up ported or moded in the next game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom