• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Body Modification Feature In Daemon X Machina

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I dislike the black-and-white "flash", but maybe I'll get used to it. Really cool that you can equip weapons in the field.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Weak points and breakable parts is super cool. Hardly revolutionary, but it adds a touch to the game that lots of mech-combat games lack.

The Monster Hunter format should work really well for it, too. I'm a fan.

sublimit

Banned
The art direction of this game is so right down my alley it's insane. Gameplay looks great too and it seems to have a fairly balanced difficulty. The Black and White screen idea to represent lightning is also great. I would even love to play the whole game like that.

cryptoadam

Banned
Sleeper hit of E3. Game went totally under the radar that everyone forgot this big 3rd party (I think published by Nintendo though) mature game.

But Nintendo has no games LOL. Which funny enough comes after back 2 back number 1 sellers on the NPD charts.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The art direction of this game is so right down my alley it's insane. Gameplay looks great too and it seems to have a fairly balanced difficulty. The Black and White screen idea to represent lightning is also great. I would even love to play the whole game like that.
latest

Danjin44

I also really like the way the mech slide on the ground. It kind of reminds me how Knightmare Frame in Code Geass and LFO in Eureka 7 move around.

Danjin44

Man, I guess not many people are hype for this game. I guess this gonna be one of those games that will be severely overlooked and thats a shame.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Man, I guess not many people are hype for this game. I guess this gonna be one of those games that will be severely overlooked and thats a shame.
Mecha games have been out of fashion for awhile now, sadly.

But good on Nintendo for bringing this one out. I don't think it'll move the needle for the subgenre but at least it'll add a great game (hopefully) to the Switch's library.

Danjin44

I wan to see Daemon X Machina get the same success as Octopath Traveler did. Come on Nintendo, market the crap out this game.

Mecha games have been out of fashion for awhile now, sadly.

But good on Nintendo for bringing this one out. I don't think it'll move the needle for the subgenre but at least it'll add a great game (hopefully) to the Switch's library.
That sucks!!! I have been wanting mecha game with this visuals for while. I want to see this sell well so we get more of them.

Last edited:

Fbh

Looks great. Really liking the art style and gameplay for this. Didn't know it would have on foot segments but I liked how the pilot has some superhuman abilities and upgrades he can carry over to the mech.

That boss fight though... maybe it's just me but it didn't look like it was hitting 30FPS. Still plenty of time to polish it though

Danjin44

Looks great. Really liking the art style and gameplay for this. Didn't know it would have on foot segments but I liked how the pilot has some superhuman abilities and upgrades he can carry over to the mech.
I like how even on foot you can decently fight rather be completely useless until you get to your mech.

Danjin44

For a game that doesn't look very demanding performance wise, I think it could benefit with some AA.
Just because it has cell shaded graphics it doesn't mean its not demanding. I mean you are fighting huge mechs with lot of explosion effect going on around you. To me it look like they choose this style more as aesthetic choice rather than limitation of Switch and Kenichiro is clearly passionate about style choice base on the interviews.

Top Bottom