• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluetooth speaker for XSX/PS5/NS, connected to TV. Worth it?

Stafford

I would not trade VRR for PCM Audio. The s95b is a gaming powerhouse and you should connect the consoles directly to TV and do audio through ARC out to get the most out of it.

For speakers I highly recommend stretching your budget to Klipsch The Fives. They have an arc port for HDMI in and sound infinitely better than any soundbar at their price.

Klipsch eh? My father loved that brand, god rest his soul.

I like the idea of going for Klipsch, but will it allow me to keep adding stuff? I really like how with Sonos you can add surrounds if you want. Also, is the bass decent enough from the The Fives? I'm gonna do some digging.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Don't have PS5 yet, but with the XSX and my Denon X1400h I have the signal at PCM now. Here I thought you always wanted to see Dolby Digital, Atmos, DTS on the AVR display. PCM is better?

PCM is uncompressed so you’re getting the best audio quality from the source (game).

Stafford

This week I'm gonna get a Sonos Beam gen 2 and try it all out. But in the case I indeed get this nasty audio delay, would something like a HDFury help? Someone recommended this to me, but can I still keep the console connected to the TV (to keep VRR, 120hz) with this?

Anyone here happen to use this device?

PCM is uncompressed so you’re getting the best audio quality from the source (game).
PCM (uncompressed) and dolby trueHD (lossless) offer essentially the same performance.
(dolby digital and dts are lossy, so they sound worse)

if you have a receiver/processer that supports lossless atmos (trueHD + atmos), and you have the speaker setup for it, atmos is generally the better option over PCM.

Top Bottom