• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint Games’ PS5 project “will become the achievement we’re most proud of”

Airbus Jr

Banned
Its a Blue Crescent Moon Grass

Feck it its Demon Souls

What a waste

I can still boot my PS3 anytime i want and play that game now the graphics are still great

There goes my chance to see Legend of Dragoon

Hope you guys are happy 3 souls game in a row with this, Ni Oh 2 and Elden Ring

Last edited:

Ryu Kaiba

So after digging for what that tweet was all about, I got a link to this thread
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bluepoint-games-shouts-out-resetera-on-twitter.163715/post-28070997
Apparently BP was trolling resetera. It's a full mark in my book tbh they did a great job trolling that toxic community.
Ahhh Blessed be, what a relief.

That Comic Sans tho.

oh no no no

we got too cocky neogaf bros
Yewwww, might as well #8chan while you are at it....
They can pander to sonic the hedgehog furries for all I care; bluepoint's track record is solid. Best 3rd party dev in the remaster/remake biz 😎

You guys should see this, it was just to troll a resetera post.

Last edited:

Kupfer

Just a thought coming by -

What if bluepoint is not talking about a game in particular, but about a backwardscompatibility-engine, which enhances all our beloved old games. I remember i read rumours about Sony and an AI supported BC Engine or something. I'm on my phone, otherwise I would look it up.

Ryu Kaiba

What if bluepoint is not talking about a game in particular, but about a backwardscompatibility-engine, which enhances all our beloved old games. I remember i read rumours about Sony and an AI supported BC Engine or something. I'm on my phone, otherwise I would look it up.
Maybe they're making a magic button for PS5 that summons Santa Clause and he brings you all the games on all systems even Nintendo's and and and it remasters all of them for PS5 and and and it serves you cookies in milk.

Tomeru

[

Of course i do have some idea

About a year or two year latter i bet we l start seeing people moaning here making thread about souls game are boring and played out

Im pretty confident we wont see something like that in the near future. Or ever.

Ryu Kaiba

[

Of course i do have some idea

About a year or two year latter i bet we l start seeing people moaning here making thread about souls game are boring and played out
I don't think its Demon Souls a game that's one gen old that has been remade 3 times already, I hope its not.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Im pretty confident we wont see something like that in the near future. Or ever.

Pretty sure we just got Sekiro last year

And two other similar game ( Ni Oh 2 and Elden Ring) in the near future coming alongside this game

If you want to count The Surge 2 ...you can make it 5...

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

They said it was a ps5 title, and the biggest one in scope they have tackled. That doesn't read "ps3/ps4" emulator.
Why would they be hiring people last year for shield/armor/weapons creation for an emulator?
Their engine tags along other engines but it requires per game adjustments, it would be impossible for them to make an emulator based on their engine, its a remaster/remake engine that only uses parts of the logic engine of original games running at the same time as theirs.
They could be helping Sony making an emulator, but the ICE team is probably more experienced with the APIs for that, and cheaper since they are part of Sony 1st party. (and Sony has said in the past that they have a ps3 emulator (for PC) for internal/testing use).

Kupfer

Pretty sure we just got Sekiro this year

And two other similar game ( Ni Oh 2 and Elden Ring) in the near future coming alongside this game
Not to mention The Surge 2

They said it was a ps5 title, and the biggest one in scope they have tackled. That doesn't read "ps3/ps4" emulator.
Why would they be hiring people last year for shield/armor/weapons creation for an emulator?
Their engine tags along other engines but it requires per game adjustments, it would be impossible for them to make an emulator based on their engine, its a remaster/remake engine that only uses parts of the logic engine of original games running at the same time as theirs.
They could be helping Sony making an emulator, but the ICE team is probably more experienced with the APIs for that, and cheaper since they are part of Sony 1st party. (and Sony has said in the past that they have a ps3 emulator (for PC) for internal/testing use).

All of this makes more sense than my post.

Last edited:

Fenris Wolf

Exactly ! I thought about this specially after the rumors of "backward engine"
What if they are making an engine for PS5 which is capable of running all the previous gen games starting from ps1 to ps4 in 8K (and if possible) unlocked frame rate? idk much about software engineering and i might be wrong but maybe this is their "greatest achievement that people will be proud of"

Last edited:

Ryu Kaiba

Exactly ! I thought about this specially after the rumors of "backward engine"
What if they are making an engine for PS5 which is capable of running all the previous gen games starting from ps1 to ps4 in 8K (and if possible) unlocked frame rate? idk much about software engineering and i might be wrong but maybe this is their "greatest achievement that people will be proud of"

or or or maybe, maybe they're making a magic button for PS5 that summons Santa Clause and he brings you all the games on all systems even Nintendo's and, and, and it remasters all of them for PS5 and and and it serves you cookies in milk.

Heinrich

Banned
or or or maybe, maybe they're making a magic button for PS5 that summons Santa Clause and he brings you all the games on all systems even Nintendo's and, and, and it remasters all of them for PS5 and and and it serves you cookies in milk.

This is actually more realistic than the crap your quote says. What is this guy smokin? Lol

Ryu Kaiba

This is actually more realistic than the crap your quote says. What is this guy smokin? Lol
I meant this one:
I don't but all it said was:

Stay Hungry #ResetEra

And then it had a image of a black screen with the word "Title" and "...Now loading" written in comic sans

But I agree.

The Bluepoint twitter post turned out to be a post to troll a comment on Resetera tho so no worries there.

Last edited:

Tomeru

Pretty sure we just got Sekiro last year

If you want to count The Surge 2 ...you can make it 5...

I was reffering to "ppl moaning that souls is becoming boring".

Which, ironically, your response disproves.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
not necessarily, the surge 2 bombed. and hopefully Elden Ring is something different.
Well I personally like the way FROM change the formula with Bloodborne, people might it just call it Soul without Shield but it’s entire combat flow was very different.

Sekiro in my opinion entirely different beast compare to “Souls”.

With Elden Ring they said going more “open world” but I’m pretty sure their “open world” is gonna be very different than other games out there.

Its a Blue Crescent Moon Grass

Feck it its Demon Souls

What a waste

I can still boot my PS3 anytime i want and play that game now the graphics are still great

There goes my chance to see Legend of Dragoon

Hope you guys are happy 3 souls game in a row with this, Ni Oh 2 and Elden Ring

Thanks! I am very happy.

Ryu Kaiba

Well I personally like the way FROM change the formula with Bloodborne, people might it just call it Soul without Shield but it’s entire combat flow was very different.

With Elden Ring they said going more “open world” but I’m pretty sure their “open world” is gonna be very different than other games out there.
Yes I wish they continued with Bloodbornes vibes I hope there is another in the works. And an open world game in From Style might be something very special.

Ar¢tos

It's dark souls 3 evolved, my guess is 3 or 4 areas side by side that funnel into a mandatory area that connects to other 3 or 4, with shortcuts available later on. This will stop sl1 runs to be made super quick.
Pvp and co-op will likely be slightly different too.
I think true open world is out of FROM tech abilities.

They can pander to sonic the hedgehog furries for all I care; bluepoint's track record is solid. Best 3rd party dev in the remaster/remake biz 😎

You say that now, but wait until they have a chance to work on a project that could have stuff censored. Like The Witcher.

I really, really hope it's not a Demon's Souls remake. Highkey tired of that genre right now, and I'd rather get a PS5 title I'll actually buy.

tassletine

I hope it’s good. They removed some Of the nuance from Collosus (I’m sure they thought they were fixing it) And Soul’s games are all about the details.

dDoc

I agree. I just believe they understand games enough to know not to do that. But, yeah, if they wanted to remake the entire combat, I would be concerned.

The original controls and mechanics do need an upgrade. Most bosses are a push over/puzzle. If they're working on DeS here's hoping they can nail gameplay+mechanics improvements as well.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I have said for a long time that it's Demon's Souls and would be shocked if it wasn't. It's going to be a Sony owned IP and unless it's from PS One era which is highly unlikely, it's going to be Demon's Souls especially since Sony passed on publishing it in NA and later on made up for it with Bloodborne. Also expecting it to be a PS5 launch title.

Kupfer

Gore is childish
I agree as long as gore is just present for having a gory game (Soldier of Fortune 3). But if the scenario is allows a good implementation for dismemberment and bloodspilling, just like Wolfenstein or Max Payne 3 for example, then I welcome it a lot.
IMO Superpowers don't feel powerful if there's no proper impact on the environment and enemies.

Last edited:

Handel

I agree as long as gore is just present for having a gory game (Soldier of Fortune 3). But if the scenario is allows a good implementation for dismemberment and bloodspilling, just like Wolfenstein or Max Payne 3 for example, then I welcome it a lot.
IMO Superpowers don't feel powerful if there's no proper impact on the environment and enemies.
This reminds me of ACG's great discussion on the possibility of a supervillain game with The Boys as a model :

Top Bottom