• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint Games’ PS5 project “will become the achievement we’re most proud of”

Tiamat2san

Of course they say that.
Imagine « our next game will the worst game we ever made! » it’s not a good selling statement.

Ar¢tos

It would be interesting if it was a game that was never released on a PlayStation platform (became Sony IP by studio acquisition, like Sunset Overdrive, but something older, SA would only need a basic remaster, not a full remake).

decisions

DMC3 doesn't need a remake, it still greatly holds up

Love DMC3, but if you don’t see how that game could benefit from a remake, you’re being shortsighted. First of all style switching is such an obvious mechanical advancement made in DMC4 that it makes DMC3 hard to play nowadays, which is a really common sentiment by the DMC fan base.

Not that I actually think this is what they’re doing, but man it would be so epic if they did it and kept the art style, as opposed to DMC5’s which by this point I am pretty comfortable in saying that I hate...

Last edited:

Enjay

Banned
Whatever happened to Pipeworks? Didn't they do the Devil may Cry HD Collection? That was just as good as anything bluepoint did.

CJY

Banned
I’m wondering if Bluepoint could potentially be the developers of PS5’s “BC Engine”. Similar to how Sega work with M2 for their emulation stuff. I have no faith in Sony doing it justice in-house.
Just food for thought.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I’m wondering if Bluepoint could potentially be the developers of PS5’s “BC Engine”. Similar to how Sega work with M2 for their emulation stuff. I have no faith in Sony doing it justice in-house.
Just food for thought.

I have been having this very same theory as well, ever since all the teases by them as well.

decisions

Just food for thought.

Ooooh now this is interesting.,.

However it wouldn’t exactly follow from the techniques that they spent so much time developing to make the SOTC remake...

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
They got that courage because it is definitely Demon Souls Remake, or complete backward compatibility for all ps3 games through emulation. If it isn't, they got some heavy balls for sure. Anything other than these two unacceptable at this point(for me obviously).

CJY

Banned
I have been having this very same theory as well, ever since all the teases by them as well.
Yeah, the theory fits like a glove, but maybe falls under the "too good to be true" category.

There was a rumour earlier this gen that Sony would introduce PS1/PS2 BC through a one-time paid app purchase on the PS4, obviously that didn't come to pass, but I'd totally accept this and would fulfil the criteria of Sony needing a team dedicated to BC if they are to make it competitive with XBox's BC. (i.e. "enhance older titles")

KOMANI

KOMANI
Just food for thought.
This is an interesting idea. Bluepoint has their own engine that acts symbiotic with the games’ engine they remaster. I wonder if theyre using their own engine to get ps3 games playable on newer gen games. Sort of like the software version of the Game Boy Player for GameCube.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
They got that courage because it is definitely Demon Souls Remake, or complete backward compatibility for all ps3 games through emulation. If it isn't, they got some heavy balls for sure. Anything other than these two unacceptable at this point(for me obviously).
By "Remake" are you talking about just graphic upgrade or are you actually talking about gameplay change as well? If thats the case do you really trust Bluepoint to change/improve Demons Soul's gameplay? I like Bluepoint but I don't trust anyone other than FROM themselves to change any gameplay and mechanics of the game.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
By "Remake" are you talking about just graphic upgrade or are you actually talking about gameplay change as well? If thats the case do you really trust Bluepoint to change/improve Demons Soul's gameplay? I like Bluepoint but I don't trust anyone other than FROM themselves to change any gameplay and mechanics of the game.

Judging by other games, I trust them to keep it true, but with minor improvements, such as not climbing ladders like an old woman afraid of heights.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Judging by other games, I trust them to keep it true, but with minor improvements, such as not climbing ladders like an old woman afraid of heights.
If they do something similar to SotC then I don't mind much but I kind of don't want them to touch the gameplay.

Ar¢tos

Sony and FROM are very close, and Bluepoint always works with constant contact with the original developers. It's not hard to imagine Miyazaki overseeing the remake process (or giving them orientations, specially if they restore the archstone to the Land of Giants).

Vawn

Banned
If they do something similar to SotC then I don't mind much but I kind of don't want them to touch the gameplay.

I agree. I just believe they understand games enough to know not to do that. But, yeah, if they wanted to remake the entire combat, I would be concerned.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
I don't trust them. They've really only proved over the last decade that can remaster content other studios have made. They've yet to prove in recent memory that they can create something great on their own and I would hope they don't try and change aspects of masterpiece games without consulting the original creators.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I think gameplay was a little bit clunky sometimes like any other souls game, but just fine(maybe magic nerf?). I expect graphics(same art, higher resolution, better textures) and framerate improvements(stable 60 fps) with some minor quality of life touches here and there.

Even if they don't improve anything, if it's just a little remaster, i will be fine. Being able to play it on newer consoles would be great. My ps3 won't last that long, if i ever want to try it again in future.

Vawn

Banned
That font doesn't scream Demon's Souls to me. I still hold out hope though.

You know what other game desperately could use a remake?

36.jpg

Last edited:

Ryu Kaiba

That Comic Sans tho.

Ew wtf is this Resetera panderers?

Getting tired of their shit.
I'm starting not to care

At this point I'm just hoping its not Demon Souls so all the beggars can realize they can just play fucking dark souls 3 again. cause Its the same damn thing.

Top Bottom