• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint Could Be Working On A Metal Gear Solid Remake

ONLY if Kojima is involved
I sent this picture to Bluepoint Games when they asked me how many hookers I wanted in exchange for free creative consultations on the MGS Remake:
1VCe2Jd.jpg

ManaByte

Gold Member
Bluepoint should remake both SOTN and MGS.

And then do what Konami did and hold MGS hostage until Sony releases SOTN first.

For those who don't get the reference, during the PSX days Sony had a strict "NO 2D" policy because they thought 2D games weren't "competitive" enough in the marketplace and only wanted to push 3D. When Konami wanted to release SOTN in the US, SCEA tried to block it because it was a 2D game. Konami back then actually had balls and said they wouldn't localize MGS unless SCEA caved on a US SOTN release.

G-Bus

Banned
Personally don't care for them games but I know a lot of people do.

Would be cool to see I guess.

The better have enough ps5 if they gonna announce this.

Blood Borne

Sometimes when I stare at the patterns on my floor for too long they look like a human face. What I’m trying to say is we see what we want to see. This MGS remake theory is a bit of a stretch. Evidence is weak.

Last edited:

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
First one was my favorite. I played it over like a million times. Can't wait.

Yoboman

Honestly, their facial modelling and animation is easily the worst element of their games

Demons Souls is an improvement on SOTC but the animation is still a step below the really high bar for everything else. Not that facial animation is all that important in a game like Demons Souls

They could rise to meet the challenge of how important this would be to get right in an MGS game. They could also mess it up badly

Iorv3th

But Metal Gear Solid already had a remake?

Also why would Konami suddenly be interested in the console market again?

Best parts of MGS were the voice acting and music and I don't think they can do those things justice via a remake. Would love to be wrong though

Yoboman

Best parts of MGS were the voice acting and music and I don't think they can do those things justice via a remake. Would love to be wrong though
Like they didn't touch the gameplay and level design of Demons Souls - I think the music and voice acting are two things they cannot touch.

They should not touch the voice acting because Hayter is just a parody of the performance he had in the first game. He couldn't match it if he wanted to

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Probably my favorite single player game of all time.

I couldn't care less.

Be more like me people! Less like you and more like me!!

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Bluepoint should remake both SOTN and MGS.

And then do what Konami did and hold MGS hostage until Sony releases SOTN first.

For those who don't get the reference, during the PSX days Sony had a strict "NO 2D" policy because they thought 2D games weren't "competitive" enough in the marketplace and only wanted to push 3D. When Konami wanted to release SOTN in the US, SCEA tried to block it because it was a 2D game. Konami back then actually had balls and said they wouldn't localize MGS unless SCEA caved on a US SOTN release.
SOTN doesn't need a remake. Still looks great and plays great. No real innovations in graphics or tech is going to improve that masterpiece.

Bolivar687

Banned
Would love to see it but so much of the charm comes from the little gimmicks that probably wouldn't carry over as well to a new remake. You'd also have to open up the levels quite a bit to make the indoors sequences more playable.

What I'd really like is if they just went all out and only touched up the graphics as far as they could possibly go. I wish Square had done that so bad with Final Fantasy VII.

synce

This could actually be pretty hype, as long as they base it on the original and get better at facial modeling

Roufianos

That tweet from Bluepoint referenced all of their precious work which includes the MGS HD collection.

And wtf is that sound? MGS1 is literally ingrained in my mind and I don't recognise it.

I'd be incredibly happy.

But I doubt it. I also don't recognize that sound, it doesn't sound like anything from an metal gear game, let alone 1.

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
I just want the Twin Snake’s to be released from the Shackles of Nintendo and that joke of a “Controller” on the GameCube.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
The original is one of my favourite games of all time but Twin Snakes showed me that they'd have to be very careful with any changes that they made to the original.
At the same time I'm not sure that a graphical overhaul alone would be enough.

splattered

Maybe we are over thinking it and they just put little Sony franchise easter eggs all through Demon's Souls for people to find?

SafeOrAlone

Banned
This has been in the rumor mill countless times over the last five years. I want it as much as anyone and can't really take it anymore.

I'm more partial to the second and third game. I'd be more captivated by seeing them recreated and I think those two would translate better as remakes, but I've only beaten the first game once, so it would be more of a fresh experience for me. Either way, it's my most desired game.

Three

That was my guess too.

Top Bottom