• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg: Star Wars The Knights of The Old Republic is indefinitely delayed.

jaysius

Banned
Saber Interactive? The cucks that fucked up Snowrunner by emphasizing DLC development over actually fixing the fucking thing?

This game is out of the toilet and into the shit frying pan.

Sony needs to get a real developer on this.

PhaseJump

Banned
Jason
6sugG1b.jpg

This guy's work has clearly declined, ever since he stopped running around wearing a goalie mask all the time.

Aenima

Its a shame. KOTOR is still my favorite Star Wars game, was really rooting for this studio to pull a rabbit from the hat and deliver a decent remake, but as it looks like, this will probably turn into vaporware now.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
at this point Sony might as well just get bluepoint to do a simple remaster
also, port it to PC. The original came out on PC so you might as well leave it there

fatmarco

I mean, this game should have never been an exclusive to Playstation lol. The audacity of the idea of one of the most iconic Xbox games being remade exclusively for something else. It's a kind of hubris.

It is funny how this sort of thing has happened before though. Both Resident Evil 1 and Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes being exclusive for GameCube, and not releasing on Playstation 2 is still outrageous.

EDMIX

I mean, this game should have never been an exclusive to Playstation lol.

This isn't exclusive to PlayStation....

Funny enough, it wasn't exclusive to XBOX either so.......yea.

Do some of you just live in this console warring bubble or something? lol

fucking sad...

Last edited:

fatmarco

This isn't exclusive to PlayStation....

[/URL][/URL]

Funny enough, it wasn't exclusive to XBOX either so.......yea.

Do some of you just live in this console warring bubble or something? lol

fucking sad...
Kotor 1 was exclusive to the Xbox initially, it was built around that console, and then it came out later that year on PC. This game is (was) releasing exclusively on Playstation then later on PC ("“a console exclusive on PlayStation 5 at launch”).

And I feel PC doesn't count in these sorts of discussions. No one goes around saying God of War, Uncharted, Halo, Gears etc. are multiplatform games because they're on PC now do they.

For further perspective, games like Final Fantasy VII and VIII released on PC a year after their console launch. Are they not considered Playstation exclusives? Same goes with games like the original Metal Gear Solid etc. Imagine if Xbox had had the same timed exclusivity with the remake of Final Fantasy VII? It would be stupid.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Kotor 1 was exclusive to the Xbox initially, it was built around that console, and then it came out later that year on PC. This game is (was) releasing exclusively on Playstation then later on PC ("“a console exclusive on PlayStation 5 at launch”).

And I feel PC doesn't count in these sorts of discussions. No one goes around saying God of War, Uncharted, Halo, Gears etc. are multiplatform games because they're on PC now do they.

For further perspective, games like Final Fantasy VII and VIII released on PC a year after their console launch. Are they not considered Playstation exclusives? Same goes with games like the original Metal Gear Solid etc. Imagine if Xbox had had the same timed exclusivity with the remake of Final Fantasy VII? It would be stupid.

the irony

Madflavor

On the one hand this sucks to hear, on the other hand I can't help but feel like they're gonna ruin the remake anyways.

Man this really blows, because I have never played the original game and hoped that the Remake could be a good way of entry for me and play it.
Gutted to hear this.
I'm not as bummed as you but I was definitely looking forward to trying out the remake someday, for the same reason (never played the original; a remake often brings gameplay and QoL enhancements)

Last edited:
Can we all take a step away from the console warring to agree that Disney Star Wars has been an utter shit-show? They went from a 10 year exclusive licence for EA to deliver fuck-all from an IP that should have printed money, to farming out the remake of arguably the best SW game ever to a team way out of their depth.

FFS, how is the Mouse this bad at this?

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
THEY. HAVE. NEVER. MADE. A. GAME.

All they've done is port old console games to modern consoles and port PC games to the Mac. They're just a port house.

I mean. . .so was BLUEPOINT and they were able to hit it out of the park on their first crack. Perhaps that is the difference here: a stronger guiding hand (I say thing having zero knowledge about who above ASPYR is handling decision making for this title).

Stuart360

Can we all take a step away from the console warring to agree that Disney Star Wars has been an utter shit-show? They went from a 10 year exclusive licence for EA to deliver fuck-all from an IP that should have printed money, to farming out the remake of arguably the best SW game ever to a team way out of their depth.

FFS, how is the Mouse this bad at this?
Well both Battlefront games sold over 40mil combined, and Jedi Fallen Order was selling better than Battlefront 1 for the first few months (according to EA), so Fallen Order is probably another 10mil on top of that at least.
50+mil sales is pretty close to printing money for 3 games to be fair.

Well both Battlefront games sold over 40mil combined, and Jedi Fallen Order was selling better than Battlefront 1 for the first few months (according to EA), so Fallen Order is probably another 10mil on top of that at least.
50+mil sales is pretty close to printing money for 3 games to be fair.
3 games over 10 years for an IP like Star Wars ,from a publisher as big as EA is fuck all IMO. Especially when one of them pissed people off so bad governments started to take notice.

I have no doubt they turned a profit, but they left a shit ton on the table.

Stuart360

3 games over 10 years for an IP like Star Wars ,from a publisher as big as EA is fuck all IMO. Especially when one of them pissed people off so bad governments started to take notice.

I have no doubt they turned a profit, but they left a shit ton on the table.
To be fair they didnt get the full 10 year exclusivity license, i think it was more like 6 years. EA and Disney fell out over Battlefront 2 if you remember, and they lost the exclusivity licrense.
I also forgot about that Rebel Squadran flying game too EA did, it sold decently from what i can tell.
So yeah its more like 6 years, 4 games, 50+mil sales.

I get your point though, i wanted more games, and more genres like a new Jedi Knight, SW rpg, open world adventure game, etc.

Last edited:

ByWatterson

Super crazy that a port studio with no history of creating anything is failing at one of the most high-profile projects of the most complicated era of game development.

Absolutely mental.

skit_data

Big oof, what a disaster. I wish I could’ve seen the reaction from Lucasfilm and Sony that led to this, sounds like something similar to the reaction of the ”first version” of what would become GoW 2018 but way way worse.

Last edited:

Roufianos

Obsidian would have been perfect, but they are owned by Microsoft. Still makes absolutely no sense why an original Xbox game is getting a remaster/remake on PlayStation. It would be similar to having FF7 Remake be a Xbox exclusive.
Well apparently Microsoft were given the option but pulled out. That's what MrMattyPlays heard anyway.

Oh well, good riddance, perhaps.

Maybe we just make KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2 canon!?

Hell yeah, that would be the ticket!

And a UFO landing on the White House lawn will also happen tomorrow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom