• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg: Sony's Fate/Grand Order (mobile game) making more than Pokemon Go in Japan

Thought this would be an interesting note for fans. I stumbled upon this seemingly random tidbit under the Music section:

https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/fr/16q4_sony.pdf

Seems the game has continued its success long enough to be singled out for carrying a segment of Sony. Today's chart says its the #1 grossing app in japan still.

Yup, ever since the OP post the game's just continued to do well enough in Japan alone to crack the worldwide charts. The Guda-Guda Meiji Revolution limited-time event (which was one of their more elaborate events to date) saw a lot of interest and saw the game hit #1 for a good stretch, and now they're doing an event that features a lot of characters from an older Fate title, Fate/Extra CCC, the PSP game that we didn't get but is pretty highly regarded in Japan as one of the last really good PSP RPGs. The CCC event is bringing in a boatload of new mechanics and the hype is goddamn electric. I fully expect that good ol' Fuggo is going to top the app store charts for Japan for more or less the entirety of the first half of May.

And as a reminder, the mad bastards are actually doing it and bringing the game westward. I'm simultaneously a little jealous of the guys getting to work on it and I also salute they who are entering the colosseum to die.
emot-v.gif

But yes, F/GO continues to be a big part of Sony's business, and I hope the head bean counters are smart enough to let Delightworks and Type-Moon keep running and improving the game as they have been.

Top Bottom