• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg: Nintendo Plans Upgraded Switch Replacement as Soon as September

wtf is with that thread title?

Nintendo General Discussion |OT22| Famicom (Direct)ive Club: The Missing Link (Trans Rights Will Always Be Human Rights | Free Palestine)

:messenger_tears_of_joy:
Z5Kz08J.gif

Marvel14

Banned
Rumor: This will be called the Switch U.

Which is solid branding imo, it lets them walk that line between next gen and upgrade. Much better than Pro or Switch 2.
Wii U is synonymous with failure to acknowledge wider tech trends esp. HD gaming. Why would they want to associate and mix their successful brand with one of their least successful?

Marvel14

Banned
wtf is with that thread title?

Nintendo General Discussion |OT22| Famicom (Direct)ive Club: The Missing Link (Trans Rights Will Always Be Human Rights | Free Palestine):messenger_tears_of_joy:
It's a wokeathon... Next quarter they'll add 'All Cops Are Bastards' then 'Hate All Republicans' then "destroy all monuments that offend me"...etc.

And it will still have nothing to do with being a Nintendo video game player..

Last edited:

Marvel14

Banned
Do you expect us to believe this??
Didn't Eurogamer corroborate that the Switch revision would be announced before E3 to allow publishers to showcase their titles at E3?

Update: Sorry your joke went over my head.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Seems like it's a typo and should have just been "new". They don't mention it under systems.

Why did you have to open this wound!?

Dr Bass

This is from Gamestop's new weekly ad. I hope that "New Nintendo Switch" is just referring to the condition and not the actual name of the Switch Pro :(

image0.jpg
It’s only valid over the next week starting today. Can you go buy one of these today? It is oddly written though.

Last edited:

UnNamed

Banned
This is from Gamestop's new weekly ad. I hope that "New Nintendo Switch" is just referring to the condition and not the actual name of the Switch Pro :(

image0.jpg
This means NNS not only is real but it's still available in the store, so already manufactured and distributed by Nintendo. Very strange.

Punished Miku

Gold Member

image0.jpg
The N in New is capitalized. And Gamestop would literally never run an ad telling you to buy a new NS, since their entire business is selling you used systems and games.

So yeah, that's probably the name.

clem84

Gold Member
Didn't Eurogamer corroborate that the Switch revision would be announced before E3 to allow publishers to showcase their titles at E3?

Update: Sorry your joke went over my head.
I mean there's literally 2 days to go. 99% this will be announced during Tuesday's Direct.

Banjo64

cumsessed
This means NNS not only is real but it's still available in the store, so already manufactured and distributed by Nintendo. Very strange.
It lines up with the rumours that they were going to announce it that popped up last week or the week before. They usually have a super quick turn around on console revisions (in stores a week after announcement). Maybe everything has been delayed a week or 2 but GameStop had already sent this to print (which would usually be done a week or 2 in advance).

It’s coming for sure, imminently.

Last edited:

Marvel14

Banned
Fully expecting the "Switch Pro/Revision" to be unveiled by Nintendo this Tuesday June 15.

"According to the latest rumors coming out of Taiwan, the Nintendo Switch Pro will run at a resolution of 720p 120 FPS in portable mode, with docked mode optimized for 1440p 30 FPS. The GPU will be based on NVIDIA’s latest graphics architecture (Ampere or the upcoming Lovelace?), fabbed on TSMC’s 7nm class node with the chipset potentially leveraging a Samsung node.

The GPU core will supposedly run at around 1 GHz (base clock) while the vanilla Switch runs at 768 MHz. Quite frankly, this sounds a bit underwhelming as the latter is based on a fairly dated process. TSMC’s 7nm/6nm nodes should be capable of much higher frequencies.

It’s unclear whether the SKU will come with NVIDIA’s RTCores for ray-tracing but support for DLSS is almost confirmed which means we’ll see Tensor cores on-die. Third-party developers have reportedly already received dev-kits for the new console."

I mean there's literally 2 days to go. 99% this will be announced during Tuesday's Direct.

I reckon it won't get announced until the fall for a holiday 2021 release at the earliest...all the noise was Nintendo rooting out the leakers...

Top Bottom