• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg: CD Projekt Changes Developer Bonus Structure After Buggy Release

#Phonepunk#

Banned
im glad they are getting the bonus.

its fucked to have the bonus tied to reviews. while having bonuses tied to performance is good, imo that should be INTERNALLY decided, have other devs review code, have industry-wide stability standards to meet. how come they are rating games based on age and not doing a thing about quality control? nobody at Playstation or Xbox played this and thought it needed to be fixed?

at any rate, i don't like the idea of journalist reviews being a factor. for one, they can be biased. for another, they can just be terrible at their jobs. why work so hard developing your game when you know that moron at Gamespot won't even play your sidequest because there is a cop in it? if she doesn't like cops she isn't going to give your game a fair review. why is your compensation for your job now in the hands of people who aren't treating you fairly? tying compensation for labor to how liked you are rather than how hard you work does not seem fair. it seems like making it about politics.

the devs are continuing to work on the game, and it is well received on current gen and PC, and it is a week from Christmas, i think it is a good thing!

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
im glad they are getting the bonus.

its fucked to have the bonus tied to reviews. while having bonuses tied to performance is good, imo that should be INTERNALLY decided, have other devs review code, have industry-wide stability standards to meet. how come they are rating games based on age and not doing a thing about quality control? nobody at Playstation or Xbox played this and thought it needed to be fixed?

at any rate, i don't like the idea of journalist reviews being a factor. for one, they can be biased. for another, they can just be terrible at their jobs. why work so hard developing your game when you know that moron at Gamespot won't even play your sidequest because there is a cop in it? if she doesn't like cops she isn't going to give your game a fair review. why is your compensation for your job now in the hands of people who aren't treating you fairly? tying compensation for labor to how liked you are rather than how hard you work does not seem fair. it seems like making it about politics.

the devs are continuing to work on the game, and it is well received on current gen and PC, and it is a week from Christmas, i think it is a good thing!
It is because the Journalists reviews are a factor in sales.
Every company create game to be successful in sales.
It is business after all... so a higher metascore is really something you need to aim and have bonus for higher metascore is a incentive for developers.

Said that I agree with they chancing that rule in this case.
Maybe make an additional bonus for metascore.

Last edited:
I wish I had this many people complaining to my company about crunch, I've been crunching for 3 years and not a single ab has shown it's face. Quitting in January however.

Top Bottom