• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 launches July 10

Mista

Banned

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam on July 10 for $14.99 / 1,480 yen, developer Inti Creates announced. Pre-orders are now available for Switch via the Nintendo eShop.

Inti Creates also announced that—in addition to previously detailed new characters Zangetsu, Dominique, Robert, and Hachi—Miriam, Alfred, and Gebel from the original Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon will also be playable. The game will also feature a two-player local cooperative mode, allowing players to conquer stages alongside a friend.

Here are the latest details, via Inti Creates:
■ Characters from the Last Game are Playable!

In addition to Zangetsu, Dominique, Robert, and Hachi, the other characters from the original Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Miriam, Alfred, and Gebel) are playable as well!

Miriam

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_001.jpg

She is a young woman whose body was implanted with Shards by alchemists. The long reach of her whip, along with her dagger, rapier, axe, and sickle sub-weapons, is perfect for taking out weaker enemies. She has a high jump and her slide lets her access tight spaces.

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_002.jpg

—Main Weapon: Whip

Though slow to attack, her whip boasts incredible reach. She is able to strike at enemies from outside of their attack ranges.

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_003.jpg

—Special Ability: High Jump

Miriam is able to jump higher without any special command. It’s useful for evading, movement, and attacking.

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_004.jpg

—Special Ability: Slide

Miriam can pass through barrow passages. However, it is not particularly fast.

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_005.jpg

—Sub-Weapon: Dagger

Throw a dagger straight forward. Their attack power is low, but daggers can be rapidly thrown without consuming many Weapon Points.

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_006.jpg

—Sub-Weapon: Rapier

Throw three rapiers diagonally upward. With proper aim, all three blades can connect for big damage.

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_007.jpg

—Sub-Weapon: Axe

While its range is short, it delivers a powerful blow to enemies at close-range.

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_008.jpg

—Sub-Weapon: Sickle

Throw a sickle that returns after a short time. It pierces enemies and projectiles, and will restore WP if caught on return.

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_009.jpg

Alfred

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_010.jpg

He is an alchemist who searches for the Liber Logaeth. Alfred uses powerful alchemical magic for his sub-weapons. Of his four different sub-weapons, his special lightning magic, Voltaic Ray, can take down bosses in one shot! His weak point is his especially small life bar.

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_011.jpg

—Main Weapon: Rod

Alfred attacks with a rod weapon, but it is short and slow. You’d be better off finding other ways to fight.

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_012.jpg

—Sub-Weapon: Burning Sphere

Creates a temporary barrier of flame. Works well in situations with lots of enemy projectiles or low-health enemies.

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_013.jpg

—Sub-Weapon: Frostcalibur

Fire an immense sword of ice directly forward. All enemies it touches will be frozen and can be used as platforms. Enemies aren’t all it can freeze…

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_014.jpg

—Sub-Weapon: Voltaic Ray

This is the strongest alchemical spell. It attack enemies repeatedly, and but will be hard to find and equip.

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_015.jpg

—Sub-Weapon: Soul Vision

Produce a copy of Alfred to the front. Its position can be adjusted up and down. Perhaps it has some unexpected use…

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_016.jpg

Gebel

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_017.jpg

A young man who was also implanted with Shards like Miriam, he detests humans and alchemists alike. While Gebel does not have a sub-weapon, he uses his Weapon Points to activate his flight ability. Also, as his main attack is aimed upwards, he is naturally capable of extremely powerful anti-air combat! Along with his combat strength, he excels at acquiring items and travelling through shortcuts.

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_018.jpg

—Main Weapon: Summon Darkness

Gebel attacks with bat-shaped dark energy in a spread pattern diagonally upward.

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_019.jpg

—Sub-Weapon: Immortal Metamorphosis

Gebel transforms his body into a stained-glass bat, allowing him to fly in any direction.

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_020.jpg

—Special Ability: Siphon Blood

This is Gebel’s attack while transformed. It’s a horizontal tackle that deals damage to enemies and restores Gebel’s HP slightly.

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_021.jpg

—Special Ability: Quick Ascend

Gebel can spend Weapon Points to quickly ascend while transformed Useful for evasion and movement.

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_022.jpg

—Special Ability: Cancel Metamorphosis

Cancels the transformation and returns Gebel to normal.

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_023.jpg

■ Two-Player Co-Op

Connect a second controller to have a friend join at any time during the action. There’s lots of ways you can work together to create unique, creative strategies and clear the stages.

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_024.jpg

If one player falls in battle, the other can immediately bring them back into the action.

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_025.jpg

You can warp to your ally’s location with the push of a button and turn your character into a mascot and let your friend control them.

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_026.jpg

Jump on top of your allies to open up a whole new range of attack possibilities.

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_027.jpg

Each character has a favorite food item that recovers even more health for that character.

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_028.jpg

There’s infinite ways to conquer stages now! Explore all kinds of possibilities and destroy bosses in your own unique way!

Bloodstained-Curse-of-the-Moon-2_2020_06-27-20_029.jpg
Gematsu

Andyliini

15€ seems like a fair price. Jopefully there will also be a physical version, which has both games included.

I still haven't finished the first Curse of the Moon, due to a mixture of annoyance with the Bloodstained property (thanks to the Kickstarter's handling) and what turned into my poorly timed access to the game itself. I don't see myself purchasing a digital copy of CotM2, but hopefully this will turn into an opportunity for creating a mainstream, physical collection of the two games, even if only as an import.

xenoriddley

Hope this gets a limited physical release like the first one. Want to have the whole physical collection if possible.

GodofWhimsy

I feel like I'm in a weird camp in which I've beaten the first Curse of the Moon but haven't as much as touched Ritual of the Night. I was over at a friend's house who had it on Switch and I beat it in an evening. I feel obligated to beat this one now. Not like they're extremely long playthroughs or anything.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Yeah a 16 bit style would be nice. Maybe they can make Super Curse of the Moon next. Tho I suppose at that point U might as well go full SOTN and make a 32 bit style game.

Playing right now. The music gameplay level design all of it is up there with the first. Art design has taken a step up imo enemies look a little more metal and less derpy

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Ah man dying by getting hit by an enemy and falling back into a pit in a new game released in 2020 I LOVE IT!

Koji always stood by the classic 2 dimensional nature of the series through the dark times through the era of 3D he kept the flame alive on Gameboy. When the entire industry and the producers and media all wanted 3d he was still taking 2d seriously and doing great things with it. He continues to do so!

now he and his new team continues the legacy and it is so wonderful that we have him around making these great games! honestly I don’t think I can name many other video game creators who have such a long list of bona fide awesome games under their belt. this guy been doing this for 3+ decades and is not slowing down. It’s awesome. We are blessed!

Last edited:

nkarafo

Dunno, i'm not a fan of developers limiting themselves in order to achieve a certain "look", like the NES color palette in this case. You end up having characters that look monochromatic for example. I get that some people have nostalgia for this look but i think it's getting old pretty fast.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Do you know if this version in physical format with the two games will be released on Switch? Will it be limited? Thank you

maybe it is too soon to know if there will be a double pack?

I bought mine from the eShop. 🦇

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
It's funny.. Blaster Master Zero 2 was definitely better than the original but also got a little quirkier with the addition of Kanna. And now Curse of the Moon 2 has a playable corgi in a mech. Well, it seems to work for Inti Creates.

Azurro

Banned
That voiceover in the trailer is cringe inducing, a super epic voice next to 8 bit game images. The game looks fun, apparently you play as a corgi that's piloting a mech, gotta love japanese games.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Game is hella fun! Dominique kinda plays like the spear guy from Bloodlines. I like being able to attack above me.

Also you can Scrooge McDuck bouce off one of those pointing skeletons which rules.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just picked this up on the Switch and dropped about an hour into it. Great game, lots of fun, and more character variety than the first game. If you love old-school Castlevania, get this.

I hope there's more Bloodstained but especially another Curse of the Moon.

I'd love to see one similar to Simon's Quest where you travel to different towns and castles/dungeons and backtrack, etc.

I loved Simon's Quest despite the obtuse clues. One of the best games I owned on NES.

zelhawks37

I hope there's more Bloodstained but especially another Curse of the Moon.

I'd love to see one similar to Simon's Quest where you travel to different towns and castles/dungeons and backtrack, etc.

I loved Simon's Quest despite the obtuse clues. One of the best games I owned on NES.

If this is what they could do for one of the 'episodes' in the 3rd game, I'm totally down. They could have the base levels first, then have little extra areas after you beat it for the first time and help villagers out with finding things.

I would also be totally down for a transition from 8 bit to 16 bit as you progress like in The Messenger.

Bragr

Banned
I'm so happy we get things like Bloodstained and Axiom Verge and the modern evolutions of such games like Transistor and Hades. We need both.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The robot’s armor lets you destroy some enemies/levels or you can mess up and your movement leads you to your death. I’d take another one of these games. They should try and do a GBA/DS style Bloodstained.

bender

What time is it?
FYI: Switch digital version is on sale at Best Buy for $11.99 (original is $7.99):

You can use reward zone certificates so I got this for $6.99.

Top Bottom