• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodlines 2 lead writer Brian Mitsoda fired.

DJT123

Seems like it's just Publisher shenanigan's. Cost cutting and streamlining product more than anything ideological. They lost trust in the Dev's initial work, though.

Last edited:

Max_Po

Banned
YellowNegligibleAnnashummingbird-size_restricted.gif

diffusionx

Gold Member
I'm done with this game

Actually that could be a good sign.

The game is still going to be a train wreck though.

Jason Schreier should investigate this game development. I'm sure there is plenty of hidden little stories about what and why went wrong.

I can see it now... "Stunning and Brave Feminist Cara Ellison pushed out of Hardsuit Labs because the white male head made her crunch for 2 hours one Friday night, and they didn't ask her what topping she wanted on the pizza they were buying for the team"

Last edited:

Denton

Bloodlines 2 had such amazing PR and excitement behind it...and then came delays, firings, and now everybody considers it a dumpster fire. Oh Paradox.

Andodalf

Banned
Jason Schreier should investigate this game development. I'm sure there is plenty of hidden little stories about what and why went wrong.

Jason doesn't care about stuff like that if you're on the "Right side" of his views. Firing the guys they fired earned them a free pass to be terrible.

I was so excited for this game :(

I'm now looking forward to this game for entirely different reasons than when I first heard about its development. Not to say I'll be buying it, mind you.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Cara is ex-RPS and thus her departure is a good thing (though less good is that she's gone elsewhere to leech off some other poor fuckers). That said, it's a train wreck. It's time they put a bullet in its head.

Killer8

Even if you had a dream team make it, I doubt you could ever recapture the magic of the original. It was lightning in a bottle, the perfect combination of excellent writing, lovable jank and the goth / subculture trends at the time most of which are on life support today.

Tschumi

it's funny how heaps of people are just itching, like champing at the bit, like learning into the starting pistol shot, to say this is a 'woke' thing.

DJT123

I'm now looking forward to this game for entirely different reasons than when I first heard about its development. Not to say I'll be buying it, mind you.
This is how I feel about Star Citizen. It's hilariously entertaining in ways Chris Roberts might not have imagined.

Well this has been a constant shitshow hasn't it?
Such a shame, despite running into a game-breaking bug I still enjoyed bloodlines 1 back then.

Nikodemos

So the three people who are responsible for this game even existing in the first place have been fired.

Y'know what, fuck Paradox. Buncha nickel-and-diming assholes.

Fuz

Banned
I mean... that's the first good thing to happen to the project.

But it's probably too late to correct what's already written.

Mokus

Which he'll report on only if it suits some agenda he wants to push, and will then only include the voices he wants to be heard...
That's expected. But I have the feeling that in this case, there is plenty of room for other big dramas that he can't ignore.

Vae_Victis

Banned
Hard to say if this is on Paradox.
They are not the developer.
Nah, Paradox is not innocent here.

They gave a big, difficult and anticipated project to a tiny studio scrapped together from the leftovers of another small studio that itself had nothing but minor mediocre games under their belt since forever. Then they probably stood idle and watched said studio piss themselves for years in a vain attempt to punch above their weight and put together something acceptable.

If you are this cheap in the handling of your IPs, it's only fair you are left with nothing but a dumpster fire and a surprised Pikachu face.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Nah, Paradox is not innocent here.

They gave a big, difficult and anticipated project to a tiny studio scrapped together from the leftovers of another small studio that itself had nothing but minor mediocre games under their belt since forever. Then they probably stood idle and watched said studio piss themselves for years in a vain attempt to punch above their weight and put together something acceptable.

If you are this cheap in the handling of your IPs, it's only fair you are left with nothing but a dumpster fire and a surprised Pikachu face.
I feel like this game will be a 10 times stronger case of punching above your weight than what we've witnessed with Outer Worlds. That's assuming it'll actually get released.

Miles708

I remember watching a trailer and thinking it looked pretty cool. Is there a TL;DR version of what happened exactly until now with the development?

johntown

Banned
I think my expectations of what this game will be are still in check. This could be good or even normal and we may not know all the details. If the game was essentially done and they are only in QA right now there might be nothing to worry about.

I'm not going to overreact.

My fear has been that the construction of the game wasn't living up to what was demanded by the scope of the writing, and I think as a result there are going to be serious cuts in order to get something released next year. Not unlike what happened with the first game, unfortunately.

I hope it's closer to what johntown johntown said, that it's a case of the creative side of the game being finished and so the writers are no longer needed to get the project to the finish line.

It's definitely cause for concern, though.

I don't think it's a "Bloomberg-enough" story, which is telling of how far and how low Jason's career has become - if he only ever guns for the most-clicks-AAA-or-crunch-or-nothing, stories like these get lost, it's symptomatic of the blog/press culture.

Jason has a better chance of cowardly subtweeting a hot take vs. reporting something, but it depends how twisted his nuts are that day.

Top Bottom