• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne Remastered confirmed by leaker SoulsHunt, no Bloodborne II in the works

Bryank75

Banned
Bryank75 Bryank75 whoa buddy, I thought we were cool. Do you not recall me wanting to lift your ban back in the day, and vouching for you as my favorite fanboy, not just on this site but the other site you joined recently? I may not agree with you on much, but I felt we at least respected one another. Guess not.

Maybe I'm really stupid, or maybe I'm in the same stupid pool with the Sony chairmen, who are allowing this to happen. I've always said it's a great idea to bring the games over to PC. Do you think Sony only wants PlayStation brand to only touch 100+ million users in a handful or so of years? Why not more than double that amount?

You even said it yourself that games are becoming more and more expensive, and they need to recoup their money, especially since ps5 is being sold at a loss, and they can't manage to get them out to the public quick enough. It's free money from the PC crowd.

By the way, I never celebrated the Zenimax deal. I just thought the meltdowns were funny from the same ppl who would always talk shit to the Xbox guys.

Engagement numbers mean nothing, they are a red herring.

What matters is how many core users you have, that are spending on your platform.... in otherwords revenue and profits.

A single game sale is a few dollars of profit. A console is almost a guarantee of recurring revenue and profit every month.

Bryank75

Banned
I don't ... I mean ... are you ... are you going insane? Is that what this is?

The Shining Reaction GIF

Tell Jim Ryan, he did this.... it's all on him!!! Blahhh hahahaha

What matters is how many core users you have, that are spending on your platform.... in otherwords revenue and profits.
It's not like a large quantity of PlayStation users are going to cancel ps5 preorders to build a PC, just to NOT buy the same PlayStation games they would have, if they had bought a ps5. They would still support the pockets of Sony.

As matter a fact, Sony can guarantee they will get even more sales than keeping their library of games exclusive. You even have people that will double dip. You also get people who were never interested enough to buy Sony hardware to play said games. How is that not a win win?

To further drive home a point, Sony could have a subscription service, which guarantees revenue across multiple facets.

A single game sale is a few dollars of profit. A console is almost a guarantee of recurring revenue and profit every month.

A single game sale is profit for Sony on PC, correct. A PC gamer buying a ps5 and a single game, might not break even when it comes to profit for Sony, as hardware is sold at a loss A PC gamer buying a used ps5 and the only game they want, used as well, guarantees no profit for Sony.

Personal question, do you see yourself more as a gamer or a Sony investor? Because it's hard to imagine you could pick either one in this situation. A gamer wouldn't want other gamers to miss out on said games. And investors wouldn't want Sony to miss out on free money. They obviously thought it through, and it was a no brainer for them.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Lmao Lol GIF

Damn bro that man had a family!

tenor.gif

Looks like he was the one that left in the end.....

Maybe you should learn a lesson from this too.

Easy to attack me while I'm out for the day, but when I come back I'll make you piss your pants.

It's not like a large quantity of PlayStation users are going to cancel ps5 preorders to build a PC, just to NOT buy the same PlayStation games they would have, if they had bought a ps5. They would still support the pockets of Sony.

As matter a fact, Sony can guarantee they will get even more sales than keeping their library of games exclusive. You even have people that will double dip. You also get people who were never interested enough to buy Sony hardware to play said games. How is that not a win win?

To further drive home a point, Sony could have a subscription service, which guarantees revenue across multiple facets.

A single game sale is profit for Sony on PC, correct. A PC gamer buying a ps5 and a single game, might not break even when it comes to profit for Sony, as hardware is sold at a loss A PC gamer buying a used ps5 and the only game they want, used as well, guarantees no profit for Sony.

Personal question, do you see yourself more as a gamer or a Sony investor? Because it's hard to imagine you could pick either one in this situation. A gamer wouldn't want other gamers to miss out on said games. And investors wouldn't want Sony to miss out on free money. They obviously thought it through, and it was a no brainer for them.

Not how it works... I bought a Switch for Mario and BOTW but bought loads more games.

Same with my brother who is on PC and got a Pro.... he also got a load of other games since he had it anyway.

Owning the hardware makes you more inclined to buy more games.

Looks like he was the one that left in the end.....

Maybe you should learn a lesson from this too.

Easy to attack me while I'm out for the day, but when I come back I'll make you piss your pants.

Not how it works... I bought a Switch for Mario and BOTW but bought loads more games.

Same with my brother who is on PC and got a Pro.... he also got a load of other games since he had it anyway.

Owning the hardware makes you more inclined to buy more games.
1) I can only speak for myself, and the only game I'm interested in, is bloodborne. I'm not going to spend $600+ for a single game. And hypothetically if I did, I'm not going to buy other games, online services, accessories, etc.

2) But if they released it on PC, I'd buy it day one.

Scenario 1 yields no money for Sony, while scenario 2 does.

There are many people who are in the same boat as me on this board, and there are some that would buy all of them day one. But at the end of the day: money is better than no money made.

kyliethicc

1) I can only speak for myself, and the only game I'm interested in, is bloodborne. I'm not going to spend $600+ for a single game. And hypothetically if I did, I'm not going to buy other games, online services, accessories, etc.

2) But if they released it on PC, I'd buy it day one.

Scenario 1 yields no money for Sony, while scenario 2 does.

There are many people who are in the same boat as me on this board, and there are some that would buy all of them day one. But at the end of the day: money is better than no money made.
Just a heads up

Sony said the disc PS5 at $500 will become profitable per unit sold in a month or so.

Loqy1Hs.jpg

Same time frame as PS4 becoming profitable. Summer after launch.

Its been 6 years (this month) since I beat it the first time. I'm ready to dive back into Yharnam with 60 fps. This game would sing on a PS5.

Just a heads up

Sony said the disc PS5 at $500 will become profitable per unit sold in a month or so.

Loqy1Hs.jpg

Same time frame as PS4 becoming profitable. Summer after launch.
But the problem still remains, most of us aren't going to buy into an entire eco system for one or two games, which yields $0 dollars for Sony. With HZD, Days Gone, etc releasing on PC, Sony have made sales to those who:

1) Don't own a Ps4/5, and had no intention to.

2) Already own the game in console, and are double dipping.

Both scenarios garnish Sony more money than they would have made previously.

I don't get why so many of you guys are against this, as it's a win-win for consumers AND Sony as a whole. No one has yet been able to give me a negative outcome to any of this good news. People saying it's a bad financial decision can't even give a reason as to why, as Sony are the ones making the decision based on financial gain! Bryank75 Bryank75 you can chime in it you'd like since you are very vocally against it.

I just wanna finish bloodborne, and it sucks that there are people out there that get gratification from others missing out on a game. What a weird world.

But soon enough, it'll happen

kyliethicc

But the problem still remains, most of us aren't going to buy into an entire eco system for one or two games, which yields $0 dollars for Sony. With HZD, Days Gone, etc releasing on PC, Sony have made sales to those who:

I don't get why so many of you guys are against this, as it's a win-win for consumers AND Sony as a whole. No one has yet been able to give me a negative outcome to any of this good news. People saying it's a bad financial decision can't even give a reason as to why, as Sony are the ones making the decision based on financial gain! Bryank75 Bryank75 you can chime in it you'd like since you are very vocally against it.

I just wanna finish bloodborne, and it sucks that there are people out there that get gratification from others missing out on a game. What a weird world.

I don't care any about of that. At all.

Just inform yourself about the facts. Don't spread misinformation.

Bryank75

Banned

I don't want people to miss out...I just want people to buy into the PS ecosystem, the same way they would buy a Nintendo system for Mario or Zelda.

Nintendo did this by making those games synonymous with their consoles.

What Sony are now doing is making their games more easily accessible and their hardware less necessary..... their charge as PlayStation management should be to make PlayStation the most attractive place to play.... to build out a more impressive number of exclusives, not less.

Maybe Bloodborne is just one game to you.... maybe that reflects their failure to attract you and they should instead add more to that. Not just give in and say.... 'that's it, no need to bother attracting people anymore'.

It's completely defeatist.

They should also have a PlayStation aimed at the higher end of the market, for around 700-1000 dollars / euro.

I don't care any about of that. At all.

Just inform yourself about the facts. Don't spread misinformation.
It's not profitable right NOW, so not sure what the gotcha is supposed to be?

I don't want people to miss out...I just want people to buy into the PS ecosystem, the same way they would buy a Nintendo system for Mario or Zelda.

Nintendo did this by making those games synonymous with their consoles.

What Sony are now doing is making their games more easily accessible and their hardware less necessary..... their charge as PlayStation management should be to make PlayStation the most attractive place to play.... to build out a more impressive number of exclusives, not less.

Maybe Bloodborne is just one game to you.... maybe that reflects their failure to attract you and they should instead add more to that. Not just give in and say.... 'that's it, no need to bother attracting people anymore'.

It's completely defeatist.

They should also have a PlayStation aimed at the higher end of the market, for around 700-1000 dollars / euro.
Having to buy into an ecosystem is exactly why I'm on PC and why I world never use Apple products.

To attract me as a gamer, give me some multiplayer titles. I play with friends, and value replayability, for multiple hours each week. I can't reply single player games more than once most of the time. That's why it's even worse of a reason for me to buy into a platform for one game, that is single player (although BB is an exception).

There should be a high end version of consoles. I agree with that, and I can imagine if consoles continue having hardware generations, eventually there will be a low, middle, and high end version, with a possibility of user upgradable parts. Maybe 2 generations from now or less.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

It's not profitable right NOW, so not sure what the gotcha is supposed to be?

Having to buy into an ecosystem is exactly why I'm on PC and why I world never use Apple products.

To attract me as a gamer, give me some multiplayer titles. I play with friends, and value replayability, for multiple hours each week. I can't reply single player games more than once most of the time. That's why it's even worse of a reason for me to buy into a platform for one game, that is single player (although BB is an exception).

There should be a high end version of consoles. I agree with that, and I can imagine if consoles continue having hardware generations, eventually there will be a low, middle, and high end version, with a possibility of user upgradable parts. Maybe 2 generations from now or less.
There is no gotcha. Calm down warrior.

Just an FYI, the PS5 will become profitable in a week or two.

Now go resume your battles brave one.

Brofist

Well you are right and wrong. Core users who are reoccurring spenders on their platform are better for sure. But at some point zero percent of zero revenue from non PS owners is still zero.

So the question is do you try to sell your game to those people or not. Sony seems to think they are worth chasing atm, but if isn't worth it then they'll stop.

Bryank75

Banned
Well you are right and wrong. Core users who are reoccurring spenders on their platform are better for sure. But at some point zero percent of zero revenue from non PS owners is still zero.

So the question is do you try to sell your game to those people or not. Sony seems to think they are worth chasing atm, but if isn't worth it then they'll stop.

If that is their attitude, then they need to expand the 1st party....

They can have a tier that they eventually put on PC and they can have a core of games that are perpetual exclusives.

Platformers like R&C, Astrobot and so on as well as GOW, Spider-man, Uncharted and TLOU.... and possibly Ghost of Tsushima should be only playable on PlayStation.

Then take MLB, Factions, Horizon and whatever From games they do or whenever they buy and move those to PC when appropriate.... MLB and Factions at launch and the rest later.

Square and Kadokawa...... and maybe MiHoYo. Buy them all out....

They need enough to differentiate their offerings.

Brofist

If that is their attitude, then they need to expand the 1st party....

They can have a tier that they eventually put on PC and they can have a core of games that are perpetual exclusives.

Platformers like R&C, Astrobot and so on as well as GOW, Spider-man, Uncharted and TLOU.... and possibly Ghost of Tsushima should be only playable on PlayStation.

Then take MLB, Factions, Horizon and whatever From games they do or whenever they buy and move those to PC when appropriate.... MLB and Factions at launch and the rest later.

Square and Kadokawa...... and maybe MiHoYo. Buy them all out....

They need enough to differentiate their offerings.
I mean for all we know, buying up studios aside, that might be what they are doing. They might have some tiered system or who knows what.

The problem is they aren't being transparent at all about it, so no one actually knows what their long term plan is.

Bryank75

Banned
I mean for all we know, buying up studios aside, that might be what they are doing. They might have some tiered system or who knows what.

The problem is they aren't being transparent at all about it, so no one actually knows what their long term plan is.

100%... their communication is just crap. Jim can't even get a sentence out without causing a really nasty situation... Hermen is just as bad.

Even their pre-prepared stuff, it seems like they have no idea what their customers want or what will be popular. They don't know who to listen to....

ACESHIGH

Banned

By any chance do you own stock on these companies? I own stock in MS and Sony (+ NVIDIA and a few others) I fail to see the reasoning behind your PoV. And if you owned stock in Sony you should be happy about these measures Sony is taking as they are going to add value on the long run.

There's a hard cap of potential console users, no matter how many exclusives you release or how powerful the console is. You guys fail to see that, as this is a forum for Western countries first and foremost (with focus on the Anglosphere)

In those countries, consoles and games are cheap as fuck compared to the rest of the world. And even more if you account for purchasing power. Of course Lil' Jimmys dad is going to get a 250 USD PS4 Black Friday bundle vs a gaming PC to play Fortnite with his friends. And then go to a Wal Mart and buy old games at 10 USD a pop, or trade physical copies. This is not how things work on a LOT of other markets. Sony wants a piece of those untapped markets, mainly China, India, Russia and Brazil.

To get into those markets you need to have a foothold on other platforms, for instance PC. I just beat the PC version of Horizon Zero Dawn, my first transaction with Sony in over 15 years. On the credits, there were a lot of references to Sony subsidiaries in China. They are doing all they can to get into that market, the largest of the planet. I think pissing off a few Playstation talibans is worth the potential increase in shareholder value.

My caveat with Sony is that I wish they went balls deep on the PC market, with their own launcher with regional pricing, achievements, and releasing games from the massive back catalog across all their consoles since 1994. They are not going to rival Steam, but they could be one heck of an alternative.

Regarding the last part of your statement: The Wii U had WAY better exclusives than the Switch and sold jack shit. Nintendo had no choice but to cater to their niche of portable consoles to stay relevant. Exclusive games will never tell the whole story regarding a platform success.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
By any chance do you own stock on these companies? I own stock in MS and Sony (+ NVIDIA and a few others) I fail to see the reasoning behind your PoV. And if you owned stock in Sony you should be happy about these measures Sony is taking as they are going to add value on the long run.

There's a hard cap of potential console users, no matter how many exclusives you release or how powerful the console is. You guys fail to see that, as this is a forum for Western countries first and foremost (with focus on the Anglosphere)

In those countries, consoles and games are cheap as fuck compared to the rest of the world. And even more if you account for purchasing power. Of course Lil' Jimmys dad is going to get a 250 USD PS4 Black Friday bundle vs a gaming PC to play Fortnite with his friends. And then go to a Wal Mart and buy old games at 10 USD a pop, or trade physical copies. This is not how things work on a LOT of other markets. Sony wants a piece of those untapped markets, mainly China, India, Russia and Brazil.

To get into those markets you need to have a foothold on other platforms, for instance PC. I just beat the PC version of Horizon Zero Dawn, my first transaction with Sony in over 15 years. On the credits, there were a lot of references to Sony subsidiaries in China. They are doing all they can to get into that market, the largest of the planet. I think pissing off a few Playstation talibans is worth the potential increase in shareholder value.

My caveat with Sony is that I wish they went balls deep on the PC market, with their own launcher with regional pricing, achievements, and releasing games from the massive back catalog across all their consoles since 1994. They are not going to rival Steam, but they could be one heck of an alternative.

Regarding the last part of your statement: The Wii U had WAY better exclusives than the Switch and sold jack shit. Nintendo had no choice but to cater to their niche of portable consoles to stay relevant. Exclusive games will never tell the whole story regarding a platform success.

If you had Sony stock, you'd know that it is not doing to great right now....

It had some massive growth last year but now they are at around 94 dollars per share or 117.85 Billion market cap compared to about 146 Billion back in February.

In that space of time they announced games going to PC and cross-gen games after initially saying they would deliver next gen only games.

They have lost exclusivity on Yakuza, Kingdom Hearts and several other games. MLB went to Gamepass and there has been zero engagement with the userbase and core fans.

It seems like there is no real vision for PlayStation at the moment and if I had to guess I would say Jim Ryan doesn't really understand or believe in console gaming because he invested in cloud and mobile gaming before investing in new studios or acquisitions and the UI updates are very slow, we still have no SSD expansion and PC is getting native versions of Horizon, Days Gone and Death Stranding before PS5.

Not to mention Zenimax.....

All that is happening is we are losing exclusive content and there is no effort to build and replace it. A big acquisition would be a statement of intent. It would be a warning shot back. But so far there is nothing and I find it really pathetic. They are rolling over.

With this direction, if it persists I think Sony should lose more value.... and I think they will.

Last edited:
Rofl mods for BB ..

This is dumb. I've played through BB at least a couple dozen times. I'll gladly play the vanilla version again in 4k60, but mods extend the life of the game when you already know every item location and enemy placement. Have you played Cinders or Convergence for DS3? Tons of new items, weapons, spells, different item locations, bonfires moved, new bosses, new NPCs, levels completely changed...too many changes to count. It's an entirely different experience. I love Bloodborne, but I don't understand why you would have no interest in switching things up after hundreds of hours of playing it.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If you see someone driving a Ferrari you don't try and sell them a Honda, your logic makes absolutely no sense. Also had a little gander at your profile thinking maybe you're a big Bloodborne fan, WRONG I WAS. I mean maybe you're a big fan of the intro portion but it was too difficult so you ran back to the forums since you feel more at home there defending your precious plastic box 🤷‍♂️
XR5pA3V.jpg
T9fFhLv.jpg

Edit: and before you think I'm trying to take the pcmr position and simply talk shit, I play games not platforms, I just purchased a digital PS5 this past week cause I want to play Ratchet, so don't pull that card on me.
lMBx935.jpg
Hilarious. I don't know how far you get into BB at 8%/6 bronze trophies, but it cant be very far. He probably put a couple hours into the game and called it quits.

odhiex

Amazingly how much attention BB gets for a game that only sold about 3 million copies.

Yo... 3 mil is a big number. Just to give you a perspective:

GAF has 150 thou of registered users and only few hundreds of them are active users in here.

If you feel that GAF is having so many BB or Souls games fans, could you imagine (at least) thousands or few million of them are out there in the world?

Dr Bass

I agree with everything you're saying here. But do just want to point out Sony has stated PS5 is basically about to become profitable right around now. :messenger_tongue:

As a general note, it looks like some Sony-only players are upset that more games might be coming to PC? Why? It doesn't affect the ability to enjoy games on PS5 does it? It just makes it available to more people, some of which don't want consoles.

I could easily be a PC gamer, but I'm basically too lazy for it, like just pushing an on button to start my games, and like having a small box under a large tv w/ surround sound to play. Consoles cater perfectly to that. If someone doesn't want that, but instead wants the best graphics and performance they can get, why can't a company put a game on an open platform like the PC?

Geez. People who are loyal to a platform over all else are just bizarrely weird to me. Especially when they start inventing narratives to support their platform of choice. Good for Sony for spreading the gaming love so PC gamers can play some of their great games. They should do it for every title that is feasible. And if some of these games are coming to the platform literally years after their PS release, how can people complain about that??

Also you still have the best avatar on this board. It's just so frigging dumb and hilarious. I just had to reiterate that.

ZehDon

Game is what, six years old? If it actually gets a retail "remaster" I'll be extremely disappointed. Sony could pony up the cash for the development to get its exclusive title a proper next-gen patch - higher resolution, better texture filtering, better frame rate, fix the awful frame pacing - and it would serve the same purpose. Charging money means they'll be inclined to tinker with it... when it really doesn't have anything that needs tinkering with.

This is why Microsoft's approach to BC is more palatable to me than Sony's - they've shown that I shouldn't have to pay for this type of upgrade.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I agree with everything you're saying here. But do just want to point out Sony has stated PS5 is basically about to become profitable right around now. :messenger_tongue:

As a general note, it looks like some Sony-only players are upset that more games might be coming to PC? Why? It doesn't affect the ability to enjoy games on PS5 does it? It just makes it available to more people, some of which don't want consoles.

I could easily be a PC gamer, but I'm basically too lazy for it, like just pushing an on button to start my games, and like having a small box under a large tv w/ surround sound to play. Consoles cater perfectly to that. If someone doesn't want that, but instead wants the best graphics and performance they can get, why can't a company put a game on an open platform like the PC?

Geez. People who are loyal to a platform over all else are just bizarrely weird to me. Especially when they start inventing narratives to support their platform of choice. Good for Sony for spreading the gaming love so PC gamers can play some of their great games. They should do it for every title that is feasible. And if some of these games are coming to the platform literally years after their PS release, how can people complain about that??

Also you still have the best avatar on this board. It's just so frigging dumb and hilarious. I just had to reiterate that.
The reason is because some are ecosystem walling gamers who somehow take joy not in just playing games, but get amped up knowing others cant play it. So it makes them happier.

I wonder if they think this way for anything else in life.

When I played Gears on 360, turns out Epic released it on PC a year later with extra levels (including a fighting a brumack) and a good PC rig could run it at 60 fps too. I think there might had even been extra MP maps too. So even content wise, it got a boost.

Who cares. I had my fun with Gears on 360. If PC gamers had fun playing it too all the better.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

The reason is because some are ecosystem walling gamers who somehow take joy not in just playing games, but get amped up knowing others cant play it. So it makes them happier.

I wonder if they think this way for anything else in life.

When I played Gears on 360, turns out Epic released it on PC a year later with extra levels (including a fighting a brumack) and a good PC rig could run it at 60 fps too. I think there might had even been extra MP maps too. So even content wise, it got a boost.

Who cares. I had my fun with Gears on 360. If PC gamers had fun playing it too all the better.
People like you are the kinds of people that make gaming fun.

DeaDPo0L84

I feel like people might have a misunderstanding of pc mods. Sure there's the obnoxious ones with a aim to cheapen the experience or make every character nude with giant tits or penises. BUT, the majority of them from what I've found have been doing what developers simply won't.

So much so you see games like the recently released Mass Effect Legendary edition and upcoming Witcher 3 enhanced edition both including mods from the modding community cause they actually improved the game.

Replaying games on PC coming over from being mainly a console player and having a wealth of mods to fix nagging issues developers never got around to has been a god send.

Last edited:

jakdex

Coming from the same guy that leaked FF Origin weeks before the reveal

Another day, another rumor for Bloodborne but this time, it's coming from French leaker SoulsHunt which was illustrated recently with the very accurate FF 'DESTROY CHAOS' Origin leak.
Here's what he has to say about Bloodborne:

"Many are waiting for a sequel to Bloodborne but that won't happen. FS prefers to focus on new IPs.
However Bloodborne will be released this year on PS5 (later on PC)! The remaster is not developed by Bluepoint nor FS but is ambitious"

Source

Ambitious...?
We shouldn't have to wait too long for the announcement especially if it release this year.

Hmmmm, i don't like the sound of that, would've prefer just a pass at the original game with higher resolution and fps and options to turn off filter like Chromatic Aberration.

Top Bottom