• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne Remastered confirmed by leaker SoulsHunt, no Bloodborne II in the works

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Coming from the same guy that leaked FF Origin weeks before the reveal

unknown.png

Another day, another rumor for Bloodborne but this time, it's coming from French leaker SoulsHunt which was illustrated recently with the very accurate FF 'DESTROY CHAOS' Origin leak.
Here's what he has to say about Bloodborne:

"Many are waiting for a sequel to Bloodborne but that won't happen. FS prefers to focus on new IPs.
However Bloodborne will be released this year on PS5 (later on PC)! The remaster is not developed by Bluepoint nor FS but is ambitious"

Source

Ambitious...?
We shouldn't have to wait too long for the announcement especially if it release this year.

Praise The Lord Applause GIF

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
I enjoyed Bloodborne but I can't for the life of me understand why people get so excited over remasters or remakes of games that are barely 6 years old, however good they were.

Very happy to see that FS at least it's focussed on new stuff.
Excitement over the remaster is probably because the game had bad framerates and the visuals were often really.... scratchy? I can't find the word to describe it. A remaster would offer much cleaner visuals and consistent framerate on new hardware. The game was originally developed for the base PS4 model. Very weak by modern standards.

I enjoyed Bloodborne but I can't for the life of me understand why people get so excited over remasters or remakes of games that are barely 6 years old, however good they were.

Very happy to see that FS at least it's focussed on new stuff.
The game had high ratings, didnt sell to expectations. The game has high replayability, so fans would double dip and newcomers will be lured by the graphics. Newcomers might be put off by the difficultly though.

Plus FromSoftware games have rabid fans right now. Any graphic upgrade to any of their games will get Neogaf attention. And be honest any game with Demon Souls(PS5) level graphics gets anyones attention.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I don’t expect Bloodborne 2 to come out for 20 years, at least. Bloodborne did everything that video games in their current incarnation can do. We have to wait until video games themselves are reborn for a sequel that can do it justice.

Banned
Hopefully true.

Not a fan of the "ambitious" part. Just give me Bloodborne in 4K 60fps. Don't start messing with the art direction, gameplay, and content.

exactly! 4K60fps of the exact same game. maybe use higher quality textures if they already exist and are archived.

the game has a phenomenal style and should not be tinkered with!

we have reached a point on PS4 and Xbox One where games don't need to be altered visually outside of resolution boosts... all we need is a sharper image and better performance, the game looks perfect as it is

Last edited:

Banned
Ruin it? Most mods either fix the game, add playability, or add cosmetics. Why would anyone be against user content. What a weird take.

if the game isn't launching broken on PC, then no mod could enhance Bloodborne. it's a near perfect game

but I mean, fun reskin shit... that's cool I guess for the lulz

Last edited:

demonstr8

The french leaker who made that tweet only did so after Navtra had already spoken about this title first on ReeeEra so we don't know if he/she was just piggy-backing off of her information or not.

What has this leaker actually broken news on first before anyone else?

Also there is a great irony here for the first few posters praising the leak in this thread, if the same leaker got the platforms wrong for Final Fantasy Origin then why do you take the platforms he's leaking here as a certainty?

It appears there is a trend in some particular threads where - instead of considering the validity of the information and adjusting their response accordingly would rather act like it is true because it is want they want. For e.g;

Thread about Demon's Souls on PS4? The reaction is "Oh yeah, that's definitely happening because *reasons* and it's coming to Y platform too because *reasons*". A day later it is debunked.

Thread about Sony and FROM SOFTWARE doing another collaboration? The reaction is "No way! That's just not possible." A day later evidence comes out of Reddit that makes it look practically verifiably true.

This is just an observation but they should make an effort to be more objective lest they have their expectations or hopes crushed for the 10th or so time.

I'm not saying this leak isn't true either, but what has this guy leaked with 100% certainty before anyone else has before? Navtra is someone with a practically impeccable track record.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

The leaker previous rumor about origin was ps5 exclusive and souls like game. We ended up getting a ps3 game multi platform with Xbox and nothing exclusive about it AND it’s more devil may cry than soul game .

By his record . BloodB is a Xbox exclusive . Heh

kidding aside, I no longer believe in any rumor. They all just seek attention and clicks

Last edited:

Pejo

Don't really believe it. Bloodborne doesn't need an ambitious remaster. Up the resolution, up the framerate, fix the frame pacing and call it a day.
Yea I'd actually be turned off if they took Bluepoint artistic liberties again for Bloodborne. With how dated Demon's Souls looked, fine, I get it, but BB looks great still. It just needs the framerate and likely resolution bump. If FromSoft was working on it, I'd ask for the cut content back, but if it's not them then just give it to us with the performance tweaks and call it a day.

Top Bottom