• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne PSX Demake has just released

Draugoth

Gold Member

Travel to the gothic Victorian city of Yharnam, whose blood-soaked roads are filled with unspeakable terrors hidden behind every corner.

Wield over 10 unique hunter weapons using the Strategic Action Combat system to vanquish your foes. Dodge incoming attacks with your hunter's quick step ability, parry enemies with your quicksilver firearm, and transform your trick weapon to tailor your loadout for any encounter in this new, next generation 3D experience that blends RPG and Action in a way you've been seen before.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I would burn this to CD and try it out tonight but the download suggests it is a Windows game... The visuals do look fairly PSX legit, so I could see it being possible if they were to actually try to port it.
I don't think that anyone would now program without Z-buffer and and so on... and all the nice new features, which made this from few year project to few months, when you 90% surfing stackoverflow

I don't think that anyone would now program without Z-buffer and and so on... and all the nice new features, which made this from few year project to few months, when you 90% surfing stackoverflow
The textures are warping in the video trailer though, so they are at the very least still emulating that effect. It almost makes me wonder if they are using a standalone emulator and actually running PSX code - but if they were I'm sure they would release the ISO.

The Fartist

Gold Member
tight-cool.gif

GymWolf

This thing looks exactly like nightmare creatures saga.

Also same amount of aliasing of the ps4 version.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
The textures are warping in the video trailer though, so they are at the very least still emulating that effect. It almost makes me wonder if they are using a standalone emulator and actually running PSX code - but if they were I'm sure they would release the ISO.
The warping is easy to emulate, tho. Math.abs(your nice float value) and you have that shit back.

Knightime_X

You can change a TON of graphical settings after starting a new game.
From like 20fps to 240fps

This is found under DATA > SYSTEM

Bartski

Gold Member
anyone tried it? I'd love to play some more but the controls are a mess. I understand it's a pre-stick era demake but d-pad for movement and L2/R2 to slowly rotate the camera? Pain and suffering.
Also I picked up the key after the first werewolf but I still can't unlock the door, what am I doing wrong there?

stranno

Obviously, but if it could be made, to look and play like this... Sorry if I didn't express my thoughts properly.
I'd say it's beyond the Playstation capabilities in many areas, especially the rendering distance.

It's like Shovel Knight, original version. I looks like a NES game, but it would not run on NES.

LordOfChaos

Cool. Really keeps the vibe, and (appearing like) it's running on more limited hardware even makes it more mysterious

it's actually really really fun. if you use steam go to "games>add non steam game>browse to directory" when you launch game DS4 will work in the game.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Note: This video features Bloodborne PSX's new areas, the brand new boss, secrets, hunter fights and the secret hidden dev room. The dev room contains, bosses, a powerful mask that maxes out all your stats and the "Dev Key" which can open any door in the game (even ones with nothing behind them).

Last edited:

Banned
I played it a little bit and it's really cool not gonna lie.

1 big thing that kinda bothers me tho, for a game that tried to mimic a PS1 game... the button to cancel/go back in a menu is Circle... that is not really accurate as basically no PS1 game did that.

it was almost always either Japanese games that straight up used the japanese bindings with Circle being Yes and X being No.
or it was the western style at the time which was X for Yes and Triangle for No.

I don't know of a single PS1 game where Circle is No/Cancel/Back, or at the very least where it is the only button that does that. I think there are a few there X is Yes and every other face button is No, but not sure if that was on PS1 or PS2 where I encountered that as I can't remember which game that was...

it's actually really really fun. if you use steam go to "games>add non steam game>browse to directory" when you launch game DS4 will work in the game.

everyone who uses a DualShock 4 or Dualsense should have DS4Windows installed to mimic X-Input and only turn it off if you use Steam's controler configuration

Last edited:

Banned
anyone tried it? I'd love to play some more but the controls are a mess. I understand it's a pre-stick era demake but d-pad for movement and L2/R2 to slowly rotate the camera? Pain and suffering.
Also I picked up the key after the first werewolf but I still can't unlock the door, what am I doing wrong there?

you have to equip the key. this game goes full on retro with that stuff, also I don't have an issue with the camera tbh. the game seems to be way slowed down to accommodate for the controls

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Bloodborne PSX Demake on PC is one of the most ambitious fan-made game projects ever! But what if we "remastered" the game with ray tracing and widescreen 4K mods? It's an entirely different experience! By using Pascal Glicher's global illumination path tracing filters, we can make the game look like it's been an actual remake (or redemake?)!

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Hang out with the Bloodborne PSX developers as they watch their game get slaughtered in record time!

Thanks to Lilith Walther (@b0tster, Lead Developer), Corwyn Prichard (@art_mino, Additional Art), Evelyn Lark (@TheNobleDemon, Music), and Wes Wiggins (@funnywes, Additional VO) for joining us for this Developers React To Bloodborne PSX speedrun!

Top Bottom