• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne PC Release Is In The Works – Rumor

lifa-cobex

Playstation:

"We’re confident PC players will join the hunt with us. Then, when Bloodborne 2 arrives for PlayStation 5 and it’s time to find out where the hunters journey takes them next, we invite them to join along!"

I hope.
It's a good strategy to sell more PS5's.
I'm going exclusively with PC this gen. BB2 would defiantly make me think twice.

teezzy

Banned
It's funny, I thought I wanted a lot of these PS exclusives so badly

I've still yet to buy Horizon Zero Dawn or Death Stranding. They look tight though

Maybe one day

Gimme an Until Dawn or Last Guardian port, you bastards. Thems are day ones.

Lux R7

I had a ps4 just for bloodborne, i want a pc version to play it an higher res, 60 fps and without CA. Let's hope the guy is right.

Last edited:

Larxia

Went through the whole game three times with DLC. Seemed pretty playable to me. In fact, it’s one of the best games ever... which is why you get salty comments like that from people who don’t want a PlayStation 👍
But it is in bad condition. This doesn't change the fact that the game is good, but the framerate (well technically framepacing) is terrible and the image quality is also really bad because of the chromatic aberration, which hopefully would be turnable off on pc. I don't really know what's so hard to understand, people don't say the game suck or anything, they just wish it was possible to play it in better conditions. Usually when people say / think this, that's actually because they really care about the game in question, they care so much that they want to experience it in the best possible way, and not "waste" it by experiencing it in bad conditions.

FunkMiller

But it is in bad condition. This doesn't change the fact that the game is good, but the framerate (well technically framepacing) is terrible and the image quality is also really bad because of the chromatic aberration, which hopefully would be turnable off on pc. I don't really know what's so hard to understand, people don't say the game suck or anything, they just wish it was possible to play it in better conditions. Usually when people say / think this, that's actually because they really care about the game in question, they care so much that they want to experience it in the best possible way, and not "waste" it by experiencing it in bad conditions.

Oh please. It’s fine. It’s not bad. It’s 30fps with some drops. You act like it’s unwatchable and unplayable. Total bullcrap. My Pro ran it absolutely fine. Incredible game.

Larxia

Oh please. It’s fine. It’s not bad. It’s 30fps with some drops. You act like it’s unwatchable and unplayable. Total bullcrap. My Pro ran it absolutely fine. Incredible game.
30 fps is definitely not the best way to experiment a game, even less with these drops, and I still stand that the visuals are ruined by the chromatic aberration.
What's so bad about wanting to play a great game in great conditions?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Went through the whole game three times with DLC. Seemed pretty playable to me. In fact, it’s one of the best games ever... which is why you get salty comments like that from people who don’t want a PlayStation 👍
I had a PS4 and I'm holding up a replay just in case it ends up coming to PC.

I mean yeah, it's not unplayable by any means, but being a fast-paced action game it could really benefit for not running poorly, which it does.

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
Just announce it already... I'd love a stealth Steam release at the time of the winter sale. It would break the client down.

Vae_Victis

Banned
So the same guy you laughed at because he said Horizon Zero Dawn was coming to PC a year ago, you're laughing at because he's saying Bloodborne is coming to PC?

Cool.
I don't know if he was the original leaker for Horizon, he is sometimes called that but I also read sometimes that he only repeated what other people were already saying.

In any case, it doesn't matter. Unless the translation in read from Russian was fake, he himself explicitly said something to the tune of "no leak or insider info, just thinking out loud".

Also, I couldn't give a damn if Bloodborne comes out on PC, it's been almost 6 years, even in the optics of what damage this could cause for the "PlayStation brand" this game sold every unit it possibly could already, and it's even already part of PS Now (on PC).

If the PC release means also a performance patch on PS4 and/or a native PS5 version, can't wait for it to come out.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I had a ps4 just for bloodborne, i want a pc version to play it an higher res, 60 fps and without CA. Let's hope the guy is right.
60fps? lol ew

that'll hurt my eyes on my 165hz monitor.

Do we know if its going to be EGS only? Because if so, fuck that...
y'know...if it were EGS exclusive i wouldn't give a fuck. just to have Bloodborne on PC would be enough for me. i'll happily buy it from EGS if that's the only way.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
if there was a way to ban everyone who complained about CA from every playing this. game again that would be wonderful

seriously, im just always baffled people want this game but also they want to change it. like wtf.

Last edited:

chaseroni

if there was a way to ban everyone who complained about CA that would be wonderful

just always baffled people want this game but also they want to change it. like wtf.
I feel like the CA would look good if it had higher res. The CA does make the game have a lot of aliased shimmer.

Aesius

I think it's more likely we'll see Demon's Souls Remake on PC before we see Bloodborne get ported.

Depends on whether there will be a Bloodborne 2. If so, I think it comes to PC to entice players to buy a PS5 for the sequel. If no sequel, then we will probably just get a remaster on PS5 and that's it.

Topher

Gold Member
I think it's more likely we'll see Demon's Souls Remake on PC before we see Bloodborne get ported.

Geez.....I don't know if Sony can afford another flipflop on DS:R to PC. Personally I'd love to see it (an all PS exclusives) on PC, but Sony's crappy PR on this isn't going to make it easy.

Rickyiez

Lol you guys are still dreaming. Just let it go and stop putting hopes into rumors, especially to the likes of Fraud Golem

GrayChild

Gold Member
Lol you guys are still dreaming. Just let it go and stop putting hopes into rumors, especially to the likes of Fraud Golem

At least 5 independent sources claim that a PC port is happening. It's not like some of the most popular (former) PS4 exclusives didn't end on Steam (Nioh, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Death Stranding and Detroit: Become Human).

Vae_Victis

Banned
At least 5 independent sources claim that a PC port is happening. It's not like some of the most popular (former) PS4 exclusives didn't end on Steam (Nioh, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Death Stranding and Detroit: Become Human).
How many "independent sources" are there is irrelevant, for the simple reason that the moment the first person talks publicly the others are not "independent" anymore and could simply repeat what they heard and sell it as their own insider info.

The only thing that matters is how RELIABLE the sources are. Did Schreier ever confirm or hint at it (I've lost track at this point)? If either him or Lance McDonald say it's happening, then I'll believe it's happening. With RedGamingTech saying it, I'd call it 50/50. Apart from that, I don't care how many Tidux, Serranò or Foxy Games come out with "independent" sources, all they have to say means absolutely nothing.

In regards to exclusives, it's worth noting that the only Sony actual first party out of the ones you named was Horizon. Nioh and Death Stranding always belonged to other companies and were meant to be console exclusives, not absolute exclusives (yes, even Death Stranding. The PC version was announced the SAME DAY the game itself was announced, in a FAQ page on a Sony website that has since then been lost, even though most people didn't notice or care). And Detroit came to PC (along with the rest of their catalogue) when Quantic Dreams broke up with Sony, so it was clearly a decision Sony was not part of or had choice over.

All of this is not to say that Bloodborne is NOT coming to PC. It might, it might not. I just suggest everyone to curb their expectations a bit, because it's not a done deal or a no brainer like some people portray it. Since Sony owns the IP, it's strictly dependant on them whether it happens or not, and it's hard to predict right now if, how much and with which games Sony is planning to expand their footprint in the PC space.

Last edited:

skneogaf

What is the deal with "from software" and their playstation exclusive games like demon souls and bloodborne, did Sony buy the complete rights to them or did Sony fund their development?

I'd have thought releasing games on playstation, xbox and pc would surely make more money than what sony can offer "from software"?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
What is the deal with "from software" and their playstation exclusive games like demon souls and bloodborne, did Sony buy the complete rights to them or did Sony fund their development?

I'd have thought releasing games on playstation, xbox and pc would surely make more money than what sony can offer "from software"?
Sony owns both IPs. That's why From did Dark Souls instead of Demon's Souls 2, so they could sell their own IP in more platforms. (I think)

Boss Mog

I'm fine with that but they better fucking patch it on PS5. I want to play this game but I simply can't due to 30fps with horrible frame pacing that makes it feel like 20fps.

skneogaf

I have bloodborne but I too can't play it at its current state. I would have to not play on my pc or even games at 60fps for a few weeks to then try it to see if I can used to the frame pacing and fps.

The anti aliasing is awful too so I think I need either a pc version or a ps5 patch.

TintoConCasera

I have bloodborne but I too can't play it at its current state. I would have to not play on my pc or even games at 60fps for a few weeks to then try it to see if I can used to the frame pacing and fps.

The anti aliasing is awful too so I think I need either a pc version or a ps5 patch.
Yeah same for me. I'm itching to replay it as I never beated all the DLC, but after getting used to 60fps it's just too hard to go back.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.

Yeah same for me. I'm itching to replay it as I never beated all the DLC, but after getting used to 60fps it's just too hard to go back.

oh be quiet

i play games at 144hz every day on PC yet i can play Bloodborne just fine. OK it takes 5 minutes for your eyes to adjust. the framepacing isn't even that big an issue. there's like TWO areas in the entire game where it's noticeable.

the only real bad thing about the visuals is the low resolution and the CA. it's not "unplayable" like some people make it out to be.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

oh be quiet

i play games at 144hz every day on PC yet i can play Bloodborne just fine. OK it takes 5 minutes for your eyes to adjust. the framepacing isn't even that big an issue. there's like TWO areas in the entire game where it's noticeable.

the only real bad thing about the visuals is the low resolution and the CA. it's not "unplayable" like some people make it out to be.
Different people and different standards. I know it's not an issue for a lot of people, but even back then (on Bloodbornes release, when I only had a PS4) I could notice the frame pacing issues.

I'm not saying is unplayable, just that I would enjoy it a lot more if it ran at at least 60fps with no issues.

And come on, it's a fucking great game and it deserves to run perfectly.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Different people and different standards. I know it's not an issue for a lot of people, but even back then (on Bloodbornes release, when I only had a PS4) I could notice the frame pacing issues.

I'm not saying is unplayable, just that I would enjoy it a lot more if it ran at at least 60fps with no issues.

And come on, it's a fucking great game and it deserves to run perfectly.

no, i agree. i'd enjoy it more if it was 60-144fps. no doubt about that. it's in my top 3 games of all time so yeah i agree with that too...it deserves the absolute best treatment.

it's just infuriating that people are making it out to be unplayable. it runs fine. sure it's 30fps and has some frame pacing issues but it's totally playable and enjoyable. yeah it'd be BETTER if it had 60-144fps support but it doesn't. so people should just play it. there's no point waiting around for this PS5 patch or PC port. if they get confirmed then by all means wait but until then just go play the game as it is right now.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
30fps (not even locked), constant wrong framepacing resulting in horrible stutter and aliasing all over the place... yes, a PC port would be awesome.
You speak the truth. The game is objectively jarring and needs patching. If it comes to PC this would be incredible as most likely it will get fixed by modders somehow.

I still have it on my shelf with the hopes that one day it will get the proper treatment. I don't agree with the metacritic score based on it's issues... But hey, it's Metacritic. Different folks, different strokes.

TintoConCasera

no, i agree. i'd enjoy it more if it was 60-144fps. no doubt about that. it's in my top 3 games of all time so yeah i agree with that too...it deserves the absolute best treatment.

it's just infuriating that people are making it out to be unplayable. it runs fine. sure it's 30fps and has some frame pacing issues but it's totally playable and enjoyable. yeah it'd be BETTER if it had 60-144fps support but it doesn't. so people should just play it. there's no point waiting around for this PS5 patch or PC port. if they get confirmed then by all means wait but until then just go play the game as it is right now.
I could agree with you and play it right now if I wasn't hopefull enough to think a PC version is coming. But yeah that's my issue. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Orpheum

Bloodborne seriously deserves more love from sony. It's like they don't even know how good/popular the game actually is. Just do something already sony, god damn it... A PS5 exclusive sequel would be a system seller

VFXVeteran

Banned
In regards to exclusives, it's worth noting that the only Sony first actual party out of the ones you named was Horizon. Nioh and Death Stranding always belonged to other companies and were meant to be console exclusives, not absolute exclusives (yes, even Death Stranding. The PC version was announced the SAME DAY the game itself was announced, in a FAQ page on a Sony website that has since then been lost, even though most people didn't notice or care). And Detroit came to PC (along with the rest of their catalogue) when Quantic Dreams broke up with Sony, so it was clearly a decision Sony was not part of or had choice over.

What difference does it make if the game is 1st party Sony or 2nd party Sony? It's yet another studio that has to change their graphics engine to support the PC platform and the results will be the de facto best iteration of said game. That only reduces the number of Sony-only titles further and slowly decreases the "war-on-pcs" mentality that Sony gamers have. You only got 4 studios now that are completely worth watching for 1st party exclusivity (ND, Sony SM, Insomniac, Sucker Punch).

Here is news you can take to the bank - ND will no longer be one of them. So you got 3 studios left.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Bloodborne seriously deserves more love from sony. It's like they don't even know how good/popular the game actually is. Just do something already sony, god damn it... A PS5 exclusive sequel would be a system seller

We won’t hear about a BB 2 until after elden ring ships. It just wouldn’t make any marketing sense.

Last edited:

FukuDaruma

Bloodborne sold more than Nier: Automata, Metal Gear Solid V or FIFA 17.
I think the lack of a PS5 patch is due to Sony just wanting us to double dip with a remaster.

8R4ziSN.png

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
What difference does it make if the game is 1st party Sony or 2nd party Sony? It's yet another studio that has to change their graphics engine to support the PC platform and the results will be the de facto best iteration of said game. That only reduces the number of Sony-only titles further and slowly decreases the "war-on-pcs" mentality that Sony gamers have. You only got 4 studios now that are completely worth watching for 1st party exclusivity (ND, Sony SM, Insomniac, Sucker Punch).

Here is news you can take to the bank - ND will no longer be one of them. So you got 3 studios left.

So long as there's a 6-12month + exclusivity window nobody is going to care. Launch exclusivity guarantees most marketing push, thus highest mindshare and likely sales potential as by the the time the next platform release rolls around it'll already be discounted.

Going forwards PC is going to face a lot more pressure given that for most users this new gen of consoles will offer more than enough power and performance for anything they want to play. Obviously PC's open-ness and flexibility is always going to be hugely advantageous, but the plain fact of the matter is that Series X/PS5 are straight up more powerful than the vast majority of PC's out there. The new boxes are more competitive than last gen's offerings due to them no longer suffering large defecits in terms of CPU and I/O performance versus mid-range PC.

Top Bottom