• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne PC Release Is In The Works – Rumor

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
giphy.gif

I mean, this is easy money. Probably ~3 mil sales. 2 mil is a lock. FROM games sell extremely well on Steam... might as well do it and patch the game for 60fps on PS4 Pro/PS5 while they're at it.

Last edited:

dcx4610

These are good times. I'm primarily a PC gamer and will only play exclusives on consoles. I've never understood keeping games exclusive on consoles. There are plenty if not an overwhelming majority of gamers who play exclusively on console. Releasing a game on PC has zero impact on them.

Meanwhile, you have a group of diehard PC gamers who would play these games if they released on PC and perhaps even double dip. It only makes sense with consoles and PCs having the same architecture to port your games to all platforms for maximum sales. Hopefully this a trend going forward. I see it as being win/win for everyone even if they are timed exclusives.

Cato

Banned
Congrats PC folks. You are in for a treat!

But I want to hear about BB2 for PS5. There has better be BB2 news coming out soon or there will be trouble.

Last edited:

Dancer_BV

Bloodborne as a PS4 exclusive was most likely a marketing strategy in PS4's favor. It's surprising to hear that they're considering a PC release because of that.

Shady_PL

Banned
I think GoW is next. I believe it was the latest game to be stripped of the "only on PlayStation" title.

Not gonna lie, but those moments are so enjoyable to watch. Xbox players don't get mad when a game comes to pc. But Sony fans become so toxic if there's even a rumor of the game coming to pc. I could care less if all pc games release to everyone, as games will be playable by all. No more missing out for some people.
I want Spider-Man even though I completed it on my PS4 Pro.

Larxia

30fps (not even locked), constant wrong framepacing resulting in horrible stutter and aliasing all over the place... yes, a PC port would be awesome.
And don't forget about the awful chromatic aberration, which mixed with the aliasing results in a terrible fuzzy look. I wish we could disable the chromatic aberration if a PC version ever exists.

DeaDPo0L84

I'm not pro PS4 but crying and waiting for a PC port is just pathetic. If you want to play the game then play it, don't be like "But muh specs tho...."

Or you know...stick with me here...maybe people DID play it on PS4 (and got the platinum) but would welcome a better version on PC cause Sony did fuck all to update the game and on PC a lot of those issues would disappear.

Spoiler, I am one of those people.

Last edited:

dsk1210

Oh stop it! The game is completely playable in its current state. Over 90 on metacritic and a lot of peoples, " Game of the Decade". Plus voted most wanted sequel ever, on most forums. Just play it already. The game is super affordable and the graphics still hold up.
30 fps is basic shit at the best of times, 30fps with bad frame pacing is horrendous.

It was enough for me to stop playing it after 10 hrs and I have completed every other Souls game.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
30 fps is basic shit at the best of times, 30fps with bad frame pacing is horrendous.

It was enough for me to stop playing it after 10 hrs and I have completed every other Souls game.
Times like this makes me so glad I’m not oversensitive with FPS and I was able to fully enjoy Bloodborne.

RedVIper

Banned
DS3 did 3 million in less than a month.

Across several platforms. Lol.

Bloodborne also came out at the beginning of the generation with a tiny user base. It would sell way more if it was released at this point with the massive userbase PS4 has.

I wonder if Sony is pivoting with its first party games in the sense that they’re going to release them on PC but at a much later date as opposed to Xbox doing day-and-date for most (if not all). So they keep their “this is why you should buy our console” edge but also pick up some PC support. Even if there’s a wait, I hope this is true.
Bloodborne isn't first party.

Lanrutcon

Across several platforms. Lol.

Bloodborne also came out at the beginning of the generation with a tiny user base. It would sell way more if it was released at this point with the massive userbase PS4 has.

Yeah, and the amount of exposure it's gotten since should also provide a health bump in sales. Fair enough.

Would love to play Bloodborne at a decent and cosistent framerate. Jittery and inconsistent 30fps is not something i'd want to spend 10 minutes with, nevermind any extended period of time.

Dacon

Banned
Strange how certain posters come in here just to be twats(not).

Anyway, if this is true I will literally shit my pants. Bloodborne is an amazing game, easily one of my fav PS4 games and I would have 0 qualms about buying this again for pc.

Just imagining some of those bossfights at 120 hz is fucking mind bending. I think I have like 300+ hours in this game on PS4.

Last edited:

odhin

Wow, ITT I found out a lot of people missed out this bloody masterpiece purely due to "performance issues".
Not to sh*t on anyone else's cereals, I mean to each his own, I'm just surprised and genuinely feel sorry for you folks.

I played it not so long ago for the millionth time and it still holds up perfectly for me.

Top Bottom