• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne PC Release Is In The Works – Rumor

lachesis

Never played Soul series or BB... and I'd like to. Either PS5 or PC would work for me.... or better yet, PS4 Pro (which I already have) would be nice.

Vawn

Banned
While I have zero proof of what I am about to say I suspect that once they made Dark Souls they put some clause to end the Demon's Souls series. Dark Souls is Demon's Souls with some changes so it is not the exact same game. I think that they made some deal with Sony to even be able to create the Dark Souls series.

I would love to see a remaster/remake of Demon's Souls and I think that could be possible.

The reason Dark Souls has sequels is because Bandai Namco paid for it. It would be up to Sony, who own Demon's Souls and Bloodborne, to ensure sequels happen.

Senua

I completely understand anyone who will want to replay this gem of a game with higher framerate/resolution once it eventualy comes to PS5/PC.

But if you intentionally haven't played one of the best top 5 games of this gen because "oh noooo 30fps hurt my eyessss nooo" then you seriously need to re-evaluate your priorities as a gamer.
It's not the 30fps, it's the frame pacing

FukuDaruma

Oh stop it! The game is completely playable in its current state. Over 90 on metacritic and a lot of peoples, " Game of the Decade". Plus voted most wanted sequel ever, on most forums. Just play it already. The game is super affordable and the graphics still hold up.

30fps (not even locked), constant wrong framepacing resulting in horrible stutter and aliasing all over the place... yes, a PC port would be awesome.

It's not the 30fps, it's the frame pacing

Having significant experience with the game (I've platinum'd it), I can say that frame pacing is really a non-issue. There's jank there, sure, but overall the game feels incredibly responsive ESPECIALLY compared to the Dark Souls series. The game runs perfectly fine on even a base PS4. There's no reason to not play it now if you have the PS4 and the extra $20 to drop.

That said, I'm super excited for a PC release because I would like to be able to increase resolution and framerate to see how it plays on PC.

Makariel

27u3You.gif

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
fucking there is only 3 things I want more than 4k 58fps rtss locked Bloodborne on my beautiful 4k ips freesync monitor... and that's The Darkness from 2007, Gears of war 2 and 3
You are man of the taste : )

You know, i don't want to sound like an elitist dick. But i keep seeing people hoping for 60 fps. And i understand. But 60 fps to me is garbage. 60 fps is the new 30 fps.
It's the reason i can't replay games like AC Black Flag or Dark Souls III.
And considering From's limited tech savvy i'm afraid, if the rumour is true, it will be another half assed port.

Senua

Having significant experience with the game (I've platinum'd it), I can say that frame pacing is really a non-issue. There's jank there, sure, but overall the game feels incredibly responsive ESPECIALLY compared to the Dark Souls series. The game runs perfectly fine on even a base PS4. There's no reason to not play it now if you have the PS4 and the extra $20 to drop.

That said, I'm super excited for a PC release because I would like to be able to increase resolution and framerate to see how it plays on PC.
Very jelly of your magic version of bloodborne. I still completed it but the framepacing and chromatic abberation gave me eye aids.

What's wrong with Sekiro?
It's capped at 60 fps.

There's a fan made tool to uncap it. And that's how i played it. But we shouldn't have to rely on third party tools to have a half decent port.

Remember when Durante saved the Dark Souls port? It was 720p, 30 fps originally. lol

Very jelly of your magic version of bloodborne. I still completed it but the framepacing and chromatic abberation gave me eye aids.

It's not magic, I'm just practical about the game's performance. I'm no stranger to games with higher performance, I do have a beast of a PC and I do not disagree that better performance is a better experience. That said, the top of the line experience that Bloodborne provides just isn't hampered by it's performance in any way that really matters. The game still manages to be one of the highest rated PS4 games of all time, and is well loved in nearly every conversation about it.

Like I said, I'd love to play the game at higher resolution and framerate, but obviously the performance isn't the issue here.

Last edited:

Senua

It's not magic, I'm just practical about the game's performance. I'm no stranger to games with higher performance, I do have a beast of a PC and I do not disagree that better performance is a better experience. That said, the top of the line experience that Bloodborne provides just isn't hampered by it's performance in any way that really matters. The game still manages to be one of the highest rated PS4 games of all time, and is well loved in nearly every conversation about it.

Like I said, I'd love to play the game at higher resolution and framerate, but obviously the performance isn't the issue here.
The performance IS the issue actually. The frame pacing isn't just a little niggle it's a widespread annoyance with many players. The game is constantly stuttering. I envy you that you didn't seem to notice it but for many it's a proper ball ache

The performance IS the issue actually. The frame pacing isn't just a little niggle it's a widespread annoyance with many players. The game is constantly stuttering. I envy you that you didn't seem to notice it but for many it's a proper ball ache

You're acting as if it completely ruins the game. The nearly universal praise the game gets proves that it doesn't.

You can want the game to perform better on PC, I'm not saying you can't. I want that, too. That's not what I'm arguing against. To say that the game is not worth playing because of the PS4's performance in the game is just false. If someone refuses to even give the game a shot because it can't run at 1080p60 on a PS4 is missing out on what is widely considered to be one of the best games of all time, especially since there is no concrete evidence that the game will be ported. This is just a rumor.

chaseroni

I'll say I upgraded to PS4 Pro's "boost mode" for this game specifically. It actually makes a decent difference in performance, most notably when online with other players. But the pacing is still bad, its not perfect. But it is very responsive and playable. Probably the most responsive 30fps game I've ever played tbh

#Phonepunk#

Banned
meh, it's a common gripe on the internet. which is a gripe factory. personally, ive played through the game many times. never once had a problem with it.

then again i hear these complaints with every game From puts out, and it's never once been an issue for me, over hundreds of hours of gameplay. i've no idea what these people are talking about that gets their balls all achey.

Last edited:

Senua

You're acting as if it completely ruins the game. The nearly universal praise the game gets proves that it doesn't.

You can want the game to perform better on PC, I'm not saying you can't. I want that, too. That's not what I'm arguing against. To say that the game is not worth playing because of the PS4's performance in the game is just false. If someone refuses to even give the game a shot because it can't run at 1080p60 on a PS4 is missing out on what is widely considered to be one of the best games of all time, especially since there is no concrete evidence that the game will be ported. This is just a rumor.
It didn't ruin the game for me, as I said I finished it but it was bloody annoying having the game constantly stutter. 30fps with proper frame pacing would've been much preferred, but hey from are simply incompetent in that area. I play all souls games on pc so it's only demons and vloodborne I have to deal with it sadly.

It didn't ruin the game for me, as I said I finished it but it was bloody annoying having the game constantly stutter. 30fps with proper frame pacing would've been much preferred, but hey from are simply incompetent in that area. I play all souls games on pc so it's only demons and vloodborne I have to deal with it sadly.

You seem to be arguing the same point as I am. Bloodborne is extremely worth playing, even with the performance limitations on PS4.

S0ULZB0URNE

That's great, but in perspective: every Souls game barring Demon's has sold more than Bloodborne. DS3 did 3 million in less than a month. Again: I'm totally for a port. Just not sure why this game, and why now.
Actually DS3 sold over 5 million it's 1st month but was on more than one platform unlike Bloodborne.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
"If you thought that Horizon was the only one coming to PC then prepare to get blown away "

Mmmmmmh

giphy.gif

But I do hope God of War will release on PC, this game is too good to be an exclusive.

Moogle11

Banned
Nothing official of course, will it ever land on PC? Is the exclusive war changing?

I doubt we'll see Sony start putting there games on PC day one, or even near launch. They sell millions of copies to their huge install base and pocket all the profits without having a PC store front taking their cut or them having to invest in creating their own store front and deal with the backlash from PC gamers that MS got when their games were only in the Windows store or that Epic gets for their store etc.

But it makes sense to do later ports, like they're doing with Horizon Zero Dawn, once sales have slowed way down on their console to squeeze some extra profit out of the PC gamers who won't buy a Playstation. MS has struggled, other than the 360, to build nearly as big a console base (largely as they've struggled to catch on outside of North America and the UK) so they're branching out to reach more people with their games launching on console, PC and eventually Xcloud. Both approaches are valid and make sense giving the console market share divide.

Ogbert

I completely understand anyone who will want to replay this gem of a game with higher framerate/resolution once it eventualy comes to PS5/PC.

But if you intentionally haven't played one of the best top 5 games of this gen because "oh noooo 30fps hurt my eyessss nooo" then you seriously need to re-evaluate your priorities as a gamer.

I've beaten DS 1 through to 3 well over ten times, across the various titles.

Haven't gotten past the first couple of bosses on BB. The frame pacing is pitiful.

Day one if this is true. Also, makes sense, as they can just release the title again on PS5.

lQhRxIu.jpg

That's Cory Barlog retweeting the rumor. The guy worked on a ton of God of War games.
I think GoW is next. I believe it was the latest game to be stripped of the "only on PlayStation" title.

Incoming Twitter Pony meltdowns if true.
Not gonna lie, but those moments are so enjoyable to watch. Xbox players don't get mad when a game comes to pc. But Sony fans become so toxic if there's even a rumor of the game coming to pc. I could care less if all pc games release to everyone, as games will be playable by all. No more missing out for some people.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
lol so what does this frame pacing look like? i have wondered for years. because i see endless bitching about it. yet i have played all the Souls and BB and have no idea what ppl mean by it.

then again u can find extremely picky people on this board. i remember going through graphics threads where people would post 2 screenshots and they would get reactions like "this looks like trash" or whatever and me being genuinely unable to see any visual difference between them at all

is this like PC master race cosplay? yall imagining the perfect port of the game that doesn't actually exist? sorry we live here on Earth with an imperfect masterpiece. im a PC gamer. i bought a PS4 Pro used last year and played the heck out of BB. it rules.

ive heard PC rumors for years and just got tired of waiting.

Last edited:

Shifty1897

Poor frame pacing is a little hard to notice for me but I can tell when it's there. It's not a deal breaker though.

My big problem is chromatic abberation, it's like being stabbed in the eyes, I don't understand why anyone would want to use post processing effects to make their image quality shittier. I specifically play games on PC to turn it off.

Last edited:

Senua

lol so what does this frame pacing look like? i have wondered for years. because i see endless bitching about it. yet i have played all the Souls and BB and have no idea what ppl mean by it.

then again u can find extremely picky people on this board. i remember going through graphics threads where people would post 2 screenshots and they would get reactions like "this looks like trash" or whatever and me being genuinely unable to see any visual difference between them at all

is this like PC master race cosplay? yall imagining the perfect port of the game that doesn't actually exist? sorry we live here on Earth with an imperfect masterpiece. im a PC gamer. i bought a PS4 Pro used last year and played the heck out of BB. it rules.

ive heard PC rumors for years and just got tired of waiting.
If you don't notice incorrect frame pacing then that's awesome for you. Ignorance is bliss with that shit.

Area61

Isn't there like 10 years time clause for this second party exclusive games to be released on other platform? In that case we have atleast 4-5 years away.

chaseroni

If you don't notice incorrect frame pacing then that's awesome for you. Ignorance is bliss with that shit.
Honestly this. I wish I could purge my mind of such annoying things like framerate and framepacing...if you can't see it, consider yourself lucky and enjoy all the poorly optimized games.

Arthimura

I doubt, and i never understood people begging for PC ports. Demon's Souls also never got released on PC.

I got the Platinum trophy for Bloodborne, and together with Demon's Souls it's my favourite Soulsborne game. The game is amazing on the PS4.
People who likes Soulsborne games and didn't play Bloodborne are really missing out.

If they release an enhanced edition for PS5 i can think about playing it again, but just for the sake of replaying it.

I wonder if Sony is pivoting with its first party games in the sense that they’re going to release them on PC but at a much later date as opposed to Xbox doing day-and-date for most (if not all). So they keep their “this is why you should buy our console” edge but also pick up some PC support. Even if there’s a wait, I hope this is true.

Top Bottom