• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne PC / PS5 Rumor Resurfaces With Details Of Alleged Playtest

Why couldn't Sony just allow you to play the next-gen version through PS+ Collection? What's stopping them from doing that?
From the report, there is added content in the remastered version, so naturally they want you to pay for it. If so, whoever the developer is porting the game - which I assume is FromSoft, but might not be, given how long this has taken to assemble - may not be adding the content to the PS4 version.

ZZZZ

He probably snapped the other two discs trying to have coitus with them.
1ouw96.gif

LordOfChaos

Imagine if the remaster keeps the frame pacing issue just for the hell of it.

Jk, it won't, because Demons Souls obviously doesn't, but maybe they should give all From software titles to the remaster house right away now then.

Wish I could play bloodborne, unfortunately after several attempts, I'm just shit at it

I'll carry on watching speed runs i guess

That's the fun part though. You getting better. It was my first ever From Software experience and I loved it, the crowd at the start just when you wake up is a difficulty slope, but once you get through the first boss or two the game really opens up. The game really needs a few hours of trust at the start, but it's really really rewarding.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Why couldn't Sony just allow you to play the next-gen version through PS+ Collection? What's stopping them from doing that?

Probably because they don't have any equivalent to smart delivery , and PS5 versions are their own SKU's with their own product ID's.

As with Spiderman it'll likely to be possible to have both PS4 and PS5 versions installed simultaneously.

Its got pro's and con's; the issue with upgrading and thus "losing" the older build is that it adds a lot of complications if the content changes, meaning that very likely all you are going to get is the exact same experience albeit one that looks/runs better. The way Sony appear to be going allows for things like Trophies to be revamped, maybe in some way that leverages the "create" feature of the OS layer.

Last edited:

tassletine

Any reason why you bought it 3 times, i mean its only on 1 system.
First was vanilla. Second was a collectors editIon, because I was now in love with it and wanted the art book.
3rd was just a cheap purchase when it was on sale on the online store. I wanted a copy that I could access at any time as I tend to put things into storage.
It has to be said, that I consider this the game of the generation so I don’t do this sort of thing often.

Lanrutcon

Will it happen? *shrug*

All I'm saying is, the minute Bloodborne gets announced for PC I am taking the day off work just to sit and constantly hit refresh on this forum.

I then highly recommend the mods make a forum achievement for bearing witness to the resulting meltdowns.

History will be made.

First was vanilla. Second was a collectors editIon, because I was now in love with it and wanted the art book.
3rd was just a cheap purchase when it was on sale on the online store. I wanted a copy that I could access at any time as I tend to put things into storage.
It has to be said, that I consider this the game of the generation so I don’t do this sort of thing often.
I've been reading back and forth between this thread and the horizon on PC sales thread. I read your post thinking who in their right mind would buy horizon 3x, or to go so far to say it was game is the generation. I was about to label you as crazy, then I noticed it's for bloodbourne, phew. Your sins have been absolved.

Pejo

Actual source from the article:

There's been far too much chatter about this to not be real at this point, in my opinion.

Sony - Just announce it and you'll get my money. This will be a triple dip for me (once physical, once digital, and again on Steam), but fuck it. 60FPS and possible mods are worth it alone. Even if they don't truly add cut content.

Senua

Actual source from the article:

There's been far too much chatter about this to not be real at this point, in my opinion.

Sony - Just announce it and you'll get my money. This will be a triple dip for me (once physical, once digital, and again on Steam), but fuck it. 60FPS and possible mods are worth it alone. Even if they don't truly add cut content.

60fps is just the beginning brother, 140fps bloodbourne will be MINE

tassletine

I've been reading back and forth between this thread and the horizon on PC sales thread. I read your post thinking who in their right mind would buy horizon 3x, or to go so far to say it was game is the generation. I was about to label you as crazy, then I noticed it's for bloodbourne, phew. Your sins have been absolved.
Haha! Yes.

Funnily enough I was looking at the PC sales for that game as well and going WTF??
I enjoyed that game but I didn't finish it and certainly don't think it deserves a sequel. Buying multiple copies would be madness.

CrysisFreak

Banned
Oh thank you for blessing. Your opinion is so glorious and right.

Soodanim

Not having a PS4, I'd pay full whack for Bloodborne on PC and not bat an eyelid. It's as simple as that.

What happened to Durante? Did From absorb him to make Dark Souls 3 a decent port?

Hostile_18

Banned
I want to see this ps5 boost mode on this. Considering a modder got 60fps on the pro, it can't be too hard. But then again, we might get another Spiderman situation.

I'd pay for the most basic of patches as much as I hate to admit it. I love From Software games.

Akuji

1440p / 60fps with good anti aliasing and I happily pay 60€ for it. Game is my Game of the generation and I still have bossfights I missed on my playthrough

Concern

I'd pay for the most basic of patches as much as I hate to admit it. I love From Software games.

I was never crazy about dark souls but the art direction in Bloodborne really drew me in. Made 3 characters and got a few playthroughs in.

People downplay bc, and i don't think it should be a big selling point. But some games like this, definitely deserve that 4k/60fps treatment or fuck, even 1440p/60fps with rt.

Last edited:

scydrex

I want to see this ps5 boost mode on this. Considering a modder got 60fps on the pro, it can't be too hard. But then again, we might get another Spiderman situation.

He got it running at 900p or less at 60fps I think... it was not running at 1080p 60fps.

Orpheum

At this point i'm almost 100% certain a patch will happen. Also Sony knows that Bloodborne is a potential system seller and i wouldn't rule out a sequel in the next few years as well

Rickyiez

Serious question: will BB be enjoyable after Sekiro? I mean Sekiro is fast and precise, playing Dark Souls after Sekiro feels bit "dated" and slow.

Yes, they are very enjoyable on their own irregardless the order you played them. In fact Bloodborne is more aggressive because you replenish your lost hp by attacking and dodging with the godly diagonal dash

Top Bottom