• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade Runner: Cells Interlinked 2021

ShadowNate

It's a total conversion mod, so obviously lots of work went into it. I have to respect that, even if I do think that there are issues with how it looks and plays.

The Trailer seems uneven too. It looks really good at parts (mostly location shots or spinner shots) and not that good in others.

Glad to see that they made it to a release, though. Lots of these project never make it to the end.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I'm all about Blade Runner so I'll take what I can get. Looks good for what it is. It's a shame we'll never get another sequel.

Exaggerating lol.
Nope. I blew it up on the big screen, then went and watched some video clips of Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, which came out in 2004. The texture work, character models, and lighting were all pretty comparable. Granted, that game was ahead of its time, but it DID come out in 2004.

Last edited:
Nope. I blew it up on the big screen, then went and watched some video clips of Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, which came out in 2004. The texture work, character models, and lighting were all pretty comparable. Granted, that game was ahead of its time, but it DID come out in 2004.
I don't know about textures because I don't own that game but lighting? I'm gonna have to disagree with you there.

I don't know about textures because I don't own that game but lighting? I'm gonna have to disagree with you there.
Go youtube it. Game had great lighting. You familiar with Riddick? His whole shtick was about hiding in the shadows, so the lighting was an important aspect of the game.

Edit: Here, watch this:

Last edited:
Go youtube it. Game had great lighting. You familiar with Riddick? His whole shtick was about hiding in the shadows, so the lighting was an important aspect of the game.

Edit: Here, watch this:

I've seen the movies and for 2004 that game looks great, but it doesn't compare to the technology we have now IMO, especially in comparison to a mod that's years away from releasing it seems like.

TBF I don't have SS4 either, that game is just too expensive for what it is, a full version of pretty much just CoD zombies.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
This makes me wonder whats happening with the remake of the 1997 original...?

Who knows but the original is on GOG and is still a genuinely amazing game. It holds up brilliantly and honestly the atmosphere, the sense of place, and the characters are still the best there’s ever been in a PC game.

AGRacing

Gold Member
In the "respect the effort" camp as well...

Also some of you may not be aware of this bit of trivia... LISTEN to this :

I believe this is a reworked version of the Crysis Cyberpunk mod that got cancelled a while back. Anyway, I'm glad they managed to rework it, finish it up, and release it. Some weird negativity in this thread, IMHO. Someone loves Blade Runner, so they made a mod set in the Blade Runner universe. That kind of passion is really cool. Plus it's a free mod for Serious Sam Fusion, which has a really neat modding community. I just can't understand why some are being negative over that.

Does theft like this invoke 'indie' in anyone's head besides the OP?
Where were you when Bethesda Softworks released five Terminator FPS games in 6 years without asking anyone for permission? (It was a loophole thing.)

Top Bottom