• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade of Darkness (Severance) - Official Nintendo Switch Trailer

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Ooh, nice one. Should have used the amazon for the trailer tho

img19.jpg

Are you serious right now? This was my childhood game...holy shit. I never ever thought I would ever see this name in gaming ever again. Can we please get a reboot in UE5. This game still has the best gore system and throwing weapons I've ever experienced to this day. Man, I miss this game!

For reference that's a game from 2001 and for the year 2001 this game was so far ahead of everything else when it came to action 3rd person games.

Last edited:

Hayabusa83

Banned
Nice to see a lot of these classic underrated games from the early 2000s get restored. I always felt like this game was the spiritual father of the Souls series.

Reactions: Isa
If this cant achieve locked 30 fps, you can throw your switch away.
Good job it achieves a solid 60fps then eh?

Only issue for me are pulling off anything other than the overhead attach with the sword, it feels almost impossible to do anything other than that.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
You were a kid back then? Could of fooled me I thought you were a kid now :p
Well yeah, I still retain the spirit of youth. :lollipop_content:

Game was cool as fuck but also very hard for me back then. I remember save scumming my way through it but still having a lot of trouble. Should probably get it either for the Switch or PC, wouldn't mind revisiting it again.

Too bad the devs went bankrupt because of the huge investment they made on the game vs the actual sales. But hey, as far as I know some of them went to form Mercury Steam, so it's not so bad. :)

Reactions: Isa
Well yeah, I still retain the spirit of youth. :lollipop_content:

Game was cool as fuck but also very hard for me back then. I remember save scumming my way through it but still having a lot of trouble. Should probably get it either for the Switch or PC, wouldn't mind revisiting it again.

Too bad the devs went bankrupt because of the huge investment they made on the game vs the actual sales. But hey, as far as I know some of them went to form Mercury Steam, so it's not so bad. :)
I think I did same thing lol

Fuz

Banned
Are you serious right now? This was my childhood game...holy shit. I never ever thought I would ever see this name in gaming ever again. Can we please get a reboot in UE5. This game still has the best gore system and throwing weapons I've ever experienced to this day. Man, I miss this game!

For reference that's a game from 2001 and for the year 2001 this game was so far ahead of everything else when it came to action 3rd person games.

Yeah, we need a full remake. Cotrols haven't aged well.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
People really wonder if Switch can do this game justice? Pretty much any game of that era would be fine. Encalve is a similar game from 2002 and that got a Wii port. Hell, it'd probably be fine on GameCube.

And yeah it would be great if all consoles got older PC games finally ported, potentially with some tweaks enhancements and fixes that would also find their way to actively available PC versions as patches 🙏

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I have completed the tutorial. This game is wild. From an alternate dimension where Ocarina of Time never existed and people had no clue how to design 3d games. Its growing on me lol.

H4ze

Whaaaatttt??? Now I can't wait to get home and grap my Switch.
Used to play this game back in the days. I will never forget the moon-axe and how I chopped up some bitch ass goblins with it.

I was 9 or 10 then, my father really never gabe a shit about violence in games xD

//DEVIL//

I honestly couldn't even continue watching the trailer. my eyes started bleeding from the graphics. Nintendo 64 era all over again.

But... have fun anyone looking forward to playing this.

Anyone worked out how to actually swing weapons without it almost always resulting in an overhead swing? I’ve tried all sorts of timing combinations to swing left or right, almost always doesn’t work.

I remember it being difficult to do on PC but nowhere near this tough.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Anyone worked out how to actually swing weapons without it almost always resulting in an overhead swing? I’ve tried all sorts of timing combinations to swing left or right, almost always doesn’t work.

I remember it being difficult to do on PC but nowhere near this tough.
Just hit any of the 4 primary directions at the same time as B. Don't hold the direction. Rhey must be tapped together

Last edited:
Top Bottom