• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blackout Beta |OT| Excuse me waiter, there's a PUBG in my COD

I don't want to spoil myself watching streams so I have a couple questions:

-Is there bulletdrop for sniper rifles?
-Is the arsenal of weapons BO4 themed or do you see classic cold war/ww2 stuff?

There is bulletdrop for all guns past a certain range, including sniper rifles.
The guns are pretty much straight from multiplayer, aside from some rare Blackout exclusives, such as the zombies ray gun.

Can anyone who has the beta installed on Xbox tell me what I need to look for on the store? I have the game preordered.

I don't think it's available for Xbox until Friday, but you're just looking for the standard Black Ops 4 beta, not something labeled Blackout.

Codes 208

Ive already played a couple dozen matches. Its definitely addictive and feels much better than pubg (on console)

But it is kinda ugly on the base ps4. Loys of missing details, very low draw distance, blurry in spots. Kinda miss my pro.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Yep. The beta download gets added to your ready to install list.

Thanks for clearing that up.

With that said, what version has people pre ordered? Can’t find out if season pass is worth it.

Feels good on PC. Has a lot of options. Movement is so smooth! I wish PUBG had this game's movement and not their half-assed ARMA clone with shit parkour.
The pace is faster than Fortnite or Sanhok.
The perk system is fun. The minimap is very annoying.
The armour system is bullshit, I'm never sure how much I have shoot at someone. I never felt that in PUBG even with fully armoured enemies. This game has a longer TTK than PUBG and Fortnite lol.

I've played lots of matches. My biggest complain is the armor system. You need a better indication of the amount of damage it gets.

The other thing i hate is that most players camp on a spot after surviving the first attack (after landing) and just slowly follow the storm to stay alive until the end of the round and for the players that actually try to run around this is a problem because when you fight you lose armor and you constantly hit people with new level 3 armors. They need to put a system that forces player to be on the move.

TheShocker

Here’s some PS4 beta codes. I’d gladly take an Xbox one if anyone has an extra.

Taken
3LRR-54NM-7953
94PL-HFNR-4RM5

Last edited:

Kagero

Maybe I'm super stupid but it's hard to locate the landing spot after you've marked it. In Fortnite they have those colored streams that you can aim towards. I'm so bad a this game that its actually turned me off of it. I'm going battlefield this round since I had more fun in that beta. Cool to hear people enjoying this but it isn't for me :(

PsyEd

Played on X. Better looking than Pro but has framerate issues. Dolby atmos make it sound even better...specially when a Helicopter/vehicle is within proximity. This game got my vote from my wallet.

waylo

Banned
The game runs fine on my 4790k/1080ti.

My biggest issue so far is the armor. Early game enemies with armor are insane bullet sponges. I'm sure this stuff will get nerfed at some point though as it seems to be a complaint shared by many.

Outside of that, I'd like to see item descriptions when looting items off a dead enemies body. It currently shows nothing when you mouse over so it makes it hard when you're new and don't necessarily know what various item icons are.

PsyEd

I would love to try it on PC if some kind soul can spare one. I do remember the TDM on PC was much better looking than X with that filmic taa/smaa something

Gek54

Love PUBG and I am ready for some one to make a better BR but this isn't doing it for me. Feels more fortnite than pubg. I miss the real guns.

-MD-

Love PUBG and I am ready for some one to make a better BR but this isn't doing it for me. Feels more fortnite than pubg. I miss the real guns.

You and me both, I'm not enjoying this.

Everyone dies instantly, all the guns feel the same. I've no idea how people are calling this a PUBG killer.

Kagero

Everyone dies instantly, all the guns feel the same. I've no idea how people are calling this a PUBG killer.
I'm surprised how many people love this too. Maybe expectations are very low for BR?

-MD-

Got a win in like under an hour, took me like 70 hours in PUBG.

I'm surprised how many people love this too. Maybe expectations are very low for BR?

Not a lot of options I guess, PUBG is like the only good FPS BR out there right now and Fortnite is Fortnite.

Kagero

Got a win in like under an hour, took me like 70 hours in PUBG.

Not a lot of options I guess, PUBG is like the only good FPS BR out there right now and Fortnite is Fortnite.
I actually enjoy Fortnite :p It's also free and doesn't require a PS Plus subscription. Weird that that best BR game out there is 100% free.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

They feel very different to me. Blackout feels like a more hectic take on it, and while I'm enjoying it, I definitely prefer the slower and heavier pace of PUBG. I'm going to end up bouncing back and forth between the two, since Fortnite just isn't my cup of tea. Curious to see how BFV BR turns out, but from what I remember reading it's strictly squads rather than solo or duos.

Crew 511A

If you've got a Call of Duty account, you can get a free beta code.

https://profile.callofduty.com/promotions/redeem/bo4/blackout-beta?atviCode=PGEN-NVAA-WEKC-AW6V-

I tried it, played it, and didn't care for it. I should say, this is the first BR game I've ever played. I think if you could have a starting load out, I would enjoy it a lot more, but I suppose that defeats the purpose of BR. I guess this game mode is just too random for me

On a technical level, the game looked pretty good to me. I played on Xbox One, and no lag, disconnects, or any of that stuff. COD will have a great year if Treyarch supports the game well.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I like it much better than PUBG simply because it plays so much faster. I never feel like I spent 20m running from the circle only to get shredded on the final rotation. The map is actually quite small in comparison to the PUBG maps, even when I don't try to hot drop there is still action there or very close.

Think it will gain a lot of traction simply because it is the first full BR from a big company that isn't Fortnite. You get to a point where you're happy a game just works instead of going through months/years of early access only to see the same things get fixed, re-broken, re-fixed, forever.

Last edited:

manfestival

I tried it and I liked it. The gunplay is solid call of duty gunplay and the premise is tried and true. There are things hare and there that make it different. Also the pacing of it is pretty quick in general. Very good so far

ILLtown

I just played a couple of matches. I quite like it.

Armour seems OP, particularly if you have level 2 or 3 armour and you've used the kit that gives you 200 HP instead of 150.

If you have a good headset you can hear footsteps from a really long way away! I'm using a regular stereo headset with the Dolby Atmos app on Xbox One and the directional aspect of the audio is really clear.

The menu system seems a bit clunky when it come to equipping stuff, but on console I expected that.

In my first solo game I came 13th with 6 kills, which I'm quite pleased with given that I've not played a COD game in years. :D

Dlacy13g

I think my issue with this game mode is Activision... $60 this year.... then you dang well know it will be another $60 next year and any support for this years version will become vapor. Also let's not forget they have a paid season pass that splits the fan base up with requiring you to buy the pass to get any new maps.

Put something new and shiny in front of the COD fan base and they magically forget the anger they had for no single player and paid season pass to access new maps.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
If you've got a Call of Duty account, you can get a free beta code.

https://profile.callofduty.com/promotions/redeem/bo4/blackout-beta?atviCode=PGEN-NVAA-WEKC-AW6V-

I tried it, played it, and didn't care for it. I should say, this is the first BR game I've ever played. I think if you could have a starting load out, I would enjoy it a lot more, but I suppose that defeats the purpose of BR. I guess this game mode is just too random for me

On a technical level, the game looked pretty good to me. I played on Xbox One, and no lag, disconnects, or any of that stuff. COD will have a great year if Treyarch supports the game well.

The page gives me an error when I enter my platform (Xbox One). Meh

7QRRK-KVJDP-W2CPJ-WC7TM-TQ67Z

7QRRK-RDQHQ-MWD2X-X7XHM-MPYKZ

2 xbone codes

If someone grabs codes at least say thanks.

Tesseract

Banned
while i absolutely loved what i played on pc, i was kinda baffled at how poorly it ran on my rig.

i set everything to max settings @ 1080p, and the game dragged quite a bit.

setup = i7 4790k, gtx 1080 ti, 16 gb ram, w7

should have easily pulled down 60 frames minimum, but it chugged in spots. maybe it's because i forgot to grab the nvidia driver update?

maybe i need to disable antialiasing or something, not sure what the culprit is. object culling to medium instead of high?

not enough time to test things, hoping the final gold build will run a bit better.

Last edited:
while i absolutely loved what i played on pc, i was kinda baffled at how poorly it ran on my rig.

i set everything to max settings @ 1080p, and the game dragged quite a bit.

setup = i7 4790k, gtx 1080 ti, 16 gb ram, w7

should have easily pulled down 60 frames minimum, but it chugged in spots. maybe it's because i forgot to grab the nvidia driver update?

maybe i need to disable antialiasing or something, not sure what the culprit is. object culling to medium instead of high?

not enough time to test things, hoping the final gold build will run a bit better.

Hmm I had the opposite, Ryzen 1700 @ 3800, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200, 1080Ti SC, W10 @1080P

Ran locked 90fps (The BETA FPS limit) at everything maxed. Though I did have the occasional drop down to 60 for a few seconds here and there, more so near the end of the beta.

I just put it down to them messing with servers and running tests as they said that might affect FPS and stability.

Top Bottom