• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Black Mesa) Xen targeting a summer 2017 release

daveo42

Banned
Xen was great. It merely separated out those who got it and those who:
  • didn't pay attention to the assisted jump training
  • couldn't platform in FPS POV
  • couldn't handle suitably odd and interesting environments vs normal real world stuff

It was a blast if you learnt the assisted jump properly and - for the time - a really unique setting with some very cool bosses.

Never had an issue with it at all and TBH was disappointed that it didn't feature in HL2 at all really.

Most Xen hate was probably fueled by the end boss, which is actually a major letdown as well as felt different from the majority of the game. Most other areas had a "boss" that had to be avoided or taken down through use of the environment. The end boss tho was a bunch of portal hopping and grenade chucking, which was both frustrating and anti-climactic.

The rest of Xen was fine.

m4st4

Isn't this piece of news also a bit depressing too? I mean, uber-enthusiastic fans will eventually produce this and company who created it in the first place can't even muster a single line about HL3? Just pathetic.

At this point even if Valve would announce HL3 I'd probably be bitter.

OneUh8

I have had this in my wishlist for the longest time. Still probably going to just wait until it is finished. I don't want to play this at all unfinished.

Wow... this project. I remember following this and FortressForever like right around the Source release. Just wild that it's still going.

Top Bottom