• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, and You: Navigating the Future of Tech (a NeoGAF discussion thread)

Von Hugh

Everything red, except doge up 20%.

I had been measuring doge's strength on a relative basis against to Shib. Basically double doge then ignore the leading zeros on Shib

For example when doge was .16(doubled 34) then Shib would be around ~...34

Now it's .20 so it's pulling ahead a decent amount.

Doge got pumped by Elon's tweet, so no wonder.

Ah. Crazy hours tweet. Either 2am or 4am depending if he's in CA or Texas

Tesla merch is highly scalped so the rise might be people buying doge so they have it to buy merch.

The idea that anyone who invest any substantial amount of money based on something like that is insane.

WFairfax89

Neo Member
Bitcoin has a big advantage over other cryptocurrencies and even fiat currencies such as the US dollar or the euro, as it protects against inflation over time. Unlike other currencies, the supply of bitcoin tokens is limited. Therefore, its popularity and price will only increase over time. The price of bitcoin may experience short-term fluctuations, but in the long-term period, it will only rise. So,if you have some that precious babies - relax and keep waiting for your profit..

MadAnon

Bitcoin has a big advantage over other cryptocurrencies and even fiat currencies such as the US dollar or the euro, as it protects against inflation over time. Unlike other currencies, the supply of bitcoin tokens is limited. Therefore, its popularity and price will only increase over time. The price of bitcoin may experience short-term fluctuations, but in the long-term period, it will only rise. So,if you have some that precious babies - relax and keep waiting for your profit..
Why would anyone spend something that's deflationary? Saying it's an advantage over fiat is just dumb. The whole point of fiat is to be inflationary to encourage money flow and economic activity. It's not meant for protecting your net worth. Deflationary currency is a great way to send economy into stagnation if not outright decline.

Irobot82

Why would anyone spend something that's deflationary? Saying it's an advantage over fiat is just dumb. The whole point of fiat is to be inflationary to encourage money flow and economic activity. It's not meant for protecting your net worth. Deflationary currency is a great way to send economy into stagnation if not outright decline.
It's a store of value. If you, want to save for retirement. Save for the future? You hold BTC. It's not meant to replace the dollar. Saving dollars is dumb because it just loses it's value over time. Holding property isn't great either due to taxes and upkeep. You lose your money over time. Holding gold isn't great either, it cumbersome and is inflationary of about 2% a year. Plus, name one place to safely store our gold for 100 years. Look 100 years in the past, just about everywhere confiscated peoples gold.

MadAnon

It's a store of value. If you, want to save for retirement. Save for the future? You hold BTC. It's not meant to replace the dollar. Saving dollars is dumb because it just loses it's value over time. Holding property isn't great either due to taxes and upkeep. You lose your money over time. Holding gold isn't great either, it cumbersome and is inflationary of about 2% a year. Plus, name one place to safely store our gold for 100 years. Look 100 years in the past, just about everywhere confiscated peoples gold.
My point is that comparing fiat currency with artficially scarce crypto currency is just stupid. They are not even the same asset class.

It's like saying "Stocks have advantage over fiat because they pay me dividends"

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
How to divorce properly : transfer all your money in bitcoin and put it all on a Ledger 🤔
No, it doesn't work that way. In fact, if you plan to divorce, don't even allege you have any crypto. Your partner's lawyer can trace back bank transactions to exchanges and make the case you are a crypto millionaire and be forced to pay X sum based on some fictional interpretation of how much money you have.

Irobot82

No, it doesn't work that way. In fact, if you plan to divorce, don't even allege you have any crypto. Your partner's lawyer can trace back bank transactions to exchanges and make the case you are a crypto millionaire and be forced to pay X sum based on some fictional interpretation of how much money you have.
Ooops I lost my keys.

Last edited:

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Ooops I lost my keys.
Tough luck, you still have to pay a fictional amount you don't own. It won't be your crypto naive partner you are dealing with, but a legal professional whose commission depends on how much they can drain from you. Like I said, your statements will be tracked and they will determine you owe a fictional amount regardless of what they can actually prove. If there are children in between prepared to get destroyed. This isn't 2009 anymore, and legal professionals are now prepared to deal with all of the particulars of crypto.

This popped up on my first google search.

Cryptocurrency is an asset like any other kind of asset, and, as a result, it may be considered separate property or marital property. As New Jersey is an equitable division state, cryptocurrency is subject to equitable division alongside all other marital assets. In some cases, growth in the value of cryptocurrency during the marriage may be considered a marital asset, even if the original purchase took place before the marriage. This is especially true when both spouses were involved in using cryptocurrency, investing in crypto assets, or planning to rely on crypto to fund future financial ventures. Crypto investors considering divorce may consult with a family lawyer about how they can expect their investments to be affected by the separation.

Last edited:

Irobot82

Tough luck, you still have to pay a fictional amount you don't own. It won't be your crypto naive partner you are dealing with, but a legal professional whose commission depends on how much they can drain from you. Like I said, your statements will be tracked and they will determine you owe a fictional amount regardless of what they can actually prove. If there are children in between prepared to get destroyed. This isn't 2009 anymore, and legal professionals are now prepared to deal with all of the particulars of crypto.

This popped up on my first google search.
You are way too serious.

Artoris

Gold Member
You sound like an advert for Bitcoin

GeorgPrime

Banned
when is this shit gonna go back up?

As soon as China is stopping to fool around with Evergrande, Kaisa, Fantasy, Middle Land and Classe-B.

At the moment they try to release some pressure from the real estate bubble with Evergrande.

Last edited:

Tams

Man am I glad I've got nothing in crypto at the moment. Everything is so red and lots of double digits.

Top Bottom