• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock next gen: Some more info about the game can be gathered from recent job listings

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Thanks to Twitter user MauroNL for putting all this information together

ViKFKlCfahoC4r0pKoXzHG6O.png

"New available jobs include Senior Voice Designer, Game AI Programmer and Lead Systems Designer, and the job descriptions reveal some interesting details:
The Senior Voice Designer listing refers to the game as a "ambitious, narratively-driven project full of character and personality" and the applicant is to help design the 'dialogue systems'.
Experience with RPG games is also a requirement. This translates to the Systems Designer listing as well, where the game is referred as a 'emergent sandbox world'.
The applicant is responsible for: "Interactive world systems and non-AI systemic ecology, Player growth systems & progression and Game balance and economy".
This could indicate a more open ended level design, similar to the hub based 'open world' in Bioshock 1&2 rather than the more linear approach of Bioshock Infinite.
The developer is also trying to make strides in terms of AI as they are creating "a meaningful AI urban crowd system and the systemic tribal ecology of a sometimes hostile AI." and explain that "We think we are trying some new and ambitious things with AI and have high ambitions for tying AI and storytelling together"

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

More jobs listing here:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Anyone else have an issue with literally any Bioshock story going forward after the events of Infinite?

The problem is that in Bioshock, we know now that there are infinite universes, meaning that no matter what happens in any story, there's another world where you failed at every turn. Another world where you succeeded immediately. Another world where you gave up and became a rancher. Nothing anyone does has any meaning whatsoever when you're constantly spawning infinite new universes of possibilities.

I'll play whatever's next, and I know it's kind of a silly problem, but something about it just bugs me.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Economy? I don't know if I like that idea.

I hope they stay in the past too. Not modern day or the future. I'm betting we all know where they are actually going to go thematically

Anyone else have an issue with literally any Bioshock story going forward after the events of Infinite?

The problem is that in Bioshock, we know now that there are infinite universes, meaning that no matter what happens in any story, there's another world where you failed at every turn. Another world where you succeeded immediately. Another world where you gave up and became a rancher. Nothing anyone does has any meaning whatsoever when you're constantly spawning infinite new universes of possibilities.

I'll play whatever's next, and I know it's kind of a silly problem, but something about it just bugs me.

Well, its just like life, doesnt has any meaning

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Well, its just like life, doesnt has any meaning

... Except our world doesn't have infinite universes. Well, some think it does, but it's all silly speculation, gotta believe we don't.

Me wanty . Less like infinite and more like 1 and 2 , though infinite is still a good to great game. Hope it comes out within 2 years .

Camreezie

I will take anything more on this universe. The down side is if they're making these kinds of hires it's still a ways off. They should have made use of the downtime, i can't believe it's been 7 years since Infinite

SubZer0

Banned
Thanks to Twitter user MauroNL for putting all this information together

ViKFKlCfahoC4r0pKoXzHG6O.png

"New available jobs include Senior Voice Designer, Game AI Programmer and Lead Systems Designer, and the job descriptions reveal some interesting details:
The Senior Voice Designer listing refers to the game as a "ambitious, narratively-driven project full of character and personality" and the applicant is to help design the 'dialogue systems'.
Experience with RPG games is also a requirement. This translates to the Systems Designer listing as well, where the game is referred as a 'emergent sandbox world'.
The applicant is responsible for: "Interactive world systems and non-AI systemic ecology, Player growth systems & progression and Game balance and economy".
This could indicate a more open ended level design, similar to the hub based 'open world' in Bioshock 1&2 rather than the more linear approach of Bioshock Infinite.
The developer is also trying to make strides in terms of AI as they are creating "a meaningful AI urban crowd system and the systemic tribal ecology of a sometimes hostile AI." and explain that "We think we are trying some new and ambitious things with AI and have high ambitions for tying AI and storytelling together"

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

More jobs listing here:

Sounds good i am Really excited as a Bioshock Fan

YukiOnna

Would prefer if it was more like Infinite than 1 & 2, but I'll wait and see. It will be hard to top that game for me. I just hope sandbox doesn't translate to large/open-world.

Top Bottom