• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea |OT| Episode One

Fuchsdh

I don't understand.

On the other hand, following the source led me to this interesting catch: http://comstockholmsyndrome.tumblr.com/post/76446026311/fuckyeah-bioshockinfinite-elizabeth-clearly

Aside from the bizarre "you get reborn complete with your clothes and weapons" aspect of the vita-chambers (and their placement everywhere despite the fact that they only work for one person), I do wonder if they'll address that. Her pinky getting cut off should be repaired as it's not genetic damage, after all...

(But then what does the amazing replicate-your-clothes machine do with the thimble???)

vladdamad

Just finished this, absolutely loved it. It's fanservice, sure, and I can see why people wouldn't like it because of that, but as a huge fan of the series it was everything I wanted from the DLC. I do, however, have some questions regarding the ending.

So I get all the general mechanics behind it - Comstock accidentally decapitates Anna in this universe, which results in him leaving to got to Rapture in order ot forget his memories. Elizabeth hunts him down, but doesn't want to kill him before he realises what he's done.

What I don't get is how this timeline still exists - at the end of Infinite, it was established that Booker only becomes Comstock after the baptism (it's a constant), and Elizabeth destroyed that set of timelines by drowning Booker during the baptism. We know that the events of the DLC occur after the ending of Infinite, but how could that be if all timelines in which Comstock exists were obliterated? Unless, of course, the DLC is happening at the same time as the ending, but it doesn't look like it. Also, why is Elizabeth present during the decapitation?

Maybe the second episode will answer these questions. Really looking forward to it now

Fuchsdh

Just finished this, absolutely loved it. It's fanservice, sure, and I can see why people wouldn't like it because of that, but as a huge fan of the series it was everything I wanted from the DLC. I do, however, have some questions regarding the ending.

So I get all the general mechanics behind it - Comstock accidentally decapitates Anna in this universe, which results in him leaving to got to Rapture in order ot forget his memories. Elizabeth hunts him down, but doesn't want to kill him before he realises what he's done.

What I don't get is how this timeline still exists - at the end of Infinite, it was established that Booker only becomes Comstock after the baptism (it's a constant), and Elizabeth destroyed that set of timelines by drowning Booker during the baptism. We know that the events of the DLC occur after the ending of Infinite, but how could that be if all timelines in which Comstock exists were obliterated? Unless, of course, the DLC is happening at the same time as the ending, but it doesn't look like it. Also, why is Elizabeth present during the decapitation?

Maybe the second episode will answer these questions. Really looking forward to it now

I think one possible reason is
that this Comstock essentially escaped to an unrelated time and place, meaning that he was spared the total destruction of the Comstock branch. His universe might have been unmade but he'd basically already skipped town. This doesn't make a whole lot of sense based on Infinite's view of the multiverse, but its use of quantum theory is spotty and inconsistent anyhow.

I'm a huge fan of BioShock 1 and I finally played this DLC. Needless to say, I loved it. I'm not really concerned with how it fits into Infinite's narrative, because and the end of the day, it's just fan service, plain and simple, and there's nothing wrong with that.

It kind of sucks how Booker is always getting shafted, however. Is there any universe where he's happy? Haha.

Jedi2016

I took it as
he's the "one that got away" and she hunted him down personally. Like Fuchsdh said, he went to a universe where Columbia never existed. In theory, he wouldn't even have been the only Booker there, the real Booker would have been an old man during Rapture's time, if he was even still alive at all.

Fuchsdh

Quick question, if I miss a turret or audio log, do I have to restart the entire episode and get all of them all over from start to finish?

I missed one audio log and a single turret.

Not to my knowledge. I missed a single turret and was able to start from the closest chapter.

Quick question, if I miss a turret or audio log, do I have to restart the entire episode and get all of them all over from start to finish?

I missed one audio log and a single turret.

No, just load up the nearest chapter again to the things you've missed and collect them/destroy them.

Top Bottom